04-14-2016 03:45 AM
372 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    One thing I noticed, all extra settings are working now like equaliser or display. In previous builds they would just crash.
    For me they keep reverting back to the default.
    windobuddies625 likes this.
    03-13-2016 12:26 AM
    this update didn`t fix the old bug in the masseging app, that makes the phone freeze when you exut the app to the start screen (lumia 1320).
    03-13-2016 04:07 AM
    Sorry, Lumia 950 (DS)
    That's awesome battery life.
    03-13-2016 04:30 AM
    this update didn`t fix the old bug in the masseging app, that makes the phone freeze when you exut the app to the start screen (lumia 1320).
    Old graphic bug, the workaround for now is exiting by tapping Home or long tapping Back, then Home
    abhishek singh21 likes this.
    03-13-2016 04:40 AM
    A few minor bugs on my Lumia 640, but nothing to stop this from being a daily driver. The worst for me is lack of Data Usage showing when on cellular data. I think all data is being classified as Wi-Fi. Also, unable to install certain apps from the store that error every time: Gestures & Touch, Lumia Motion Data, Lumia Help+Tips, Rate Your Device. The error message asks me to override my setting to install new apps on the SD card. Even if I choose to override the apps error out. Even if I change the main storage setting to install apps on device updating these apps error out. So far, unable to see or install the latest Outlook and Calendar app--does not show in store.

However, other things people are complaining about are not a problem: battery life, calendar, crashing. None of those. Generally, works fast and fluid. I'm using the old ProShot (due for an update to W10) camera app, and it works perfectly as far as I can tell. Bunch of other non-Microsoft apps are working well too.
    03-13-2016 08:21 AM
    I downloaded the build last week, Lumia 735, I did NOT do a hard reset, should I?
    I'm having no problems from what I can tell. I know they say a hard reset is best, but dang it's running really smooth, no crashes or stutters not even resuming or loading issues, it's just really fast and smooth.

I am however really enjoying this build. Any advice would be helpful, thank you.
    03-13-2016 08:33 AM
    I downloaded the build last week, I did NOT do a hard reset, should I? I'm having no problems from what I can tell.. I am however really enjoying this build. Any advice would be helpful, thank you.
    If you don't have any problems, then no, you shouldn't do a hard reset. What device do you have?
    groady-ho baluzy likes this.
    03-13-2016 08:39 AM
    Emanuel, thank you. A Lumia 735
    Emanuel Manole likes this.
    03-13-2016 08:41 AM
    I downloaded the build last week, Lumia 735, I did NOT do a hard reset, should I?
    I'm having no problems from what I can tell. I know they say a hard reset is best, but dang it's running really smooth, no crashes or stutters not even resuming or loading issues, it's just really fast and smooth.

I am however really enjoying this build. Any advice would be helpful, thank you.
    What can you say about the difference in battery life from 8.1? How many days does it last in this build?
    03-13-2016 08:58 AM
    Does anyone know a solution for the freezing problem ?
    03-13-2016 09:11 AM
    What can you say about the difference in battery life from 8.1? How many days does it last in this build?
    TBH I get through the day as well as on 8.1 with moderate to heavy usage.
    Imvho battery seems great to me.

This is my first time downloading any win 10 build on my phone and I'm glad I did, I love it!
    I literally have not encountered 1 problem yet, all my apps including WhatsApp works great. Photos, messaging, outlook, syncing to my laptop and desktop work great.
    03-13-2016 09:37 AM
    I did not do a hard reset but it makes wonder if a hard reset might cause more problems than not doing it. Just a thought.
    03-13-2016 09:42 AM
    A few minor bugs on my Lumia 640, but nothing to stop this from being a daily driver. The worst for me is lack of Data Usage showing when on cellular data. I think all data is being classified as Wi-Fi. Also, unable to install certain apps from the store that error every time: Gestures & Touch, Lumia Motion Data, Lumia Help+Tips, Rate Your Device. The error message asks me to override my setting to install new apps on the SD card. Even if I choose to override the apps error out. Even if I change the main storage setting to install apps on device updating these apps error out. So far, unable to see or install the latest Outlook and Calendar app--does not show in store.

However, other things people are complaining about are not a problem: battery life, calendar, crashing. None of those. Generally, works fast and fluid. I'm using the old ProShot (due for an update to W10) camera app, and it works perfectly as far as I can tell. Bunch of other non-Microsoft apps are working well too.
    03-13-2016 09:44 AM

For error installing: Check other related apps on sd card and move them on phone. Example: Equalizer and sound.
    03-13-2016 09:46 AM
    TBH I get through the day as well as on 8.1 with moderate to heavy usage.
    Imvho battery seems great to me.

This is my first time downloading any win 10 build on my phone and I'm glad I did, I love it!
    I literally have not encountered 1 problem yet, all my apps including WhatsApp works great. Photos, messaging, outlook, syncing to my laptop and desktop work great.
    I'm just curious, I'm using a 735 with 8.1 update 2 and my battery seems to last 3 days with moderate usage, why your only last 1 day?
    03-13-2016 10:00 AM
    mjyumping I use my phone a lot these days between work and personal. Now mind you after a long day about say 11pm at night I generally have between 10%-30% left. I charge every night regardless. Hope this helps.
    03-13-2016 11:00 AM
    This latest update on my Alcatel didn't fix the Wi-Fi randomly dropping.
    The calendar tile did start updating finally.
    Outlook still has it's problem.
    The WC app still crashes.
    Camera still sucks.
    SD card always needs scanning after reboot (could be hardware)

Not real excited about 10 lately.
    😑

Sent from mTalk
    03-13-2016 11:14 AM
    Nope,not necessary. But with new W10m mobiles which will have some specific hardware which will be used for USB OTG. W8/8.1 phones didn't have that particular hardware that's why they wont support .
    I was stating the facts here and your "not necessary" comment doesn't have any proof to back it up. Microsoft hasn't enabled OTG and MAY NOT enable the feature even though the hardware MAY support it, which at this point only a Nokia/Microsoft engineer can confirm.
    Guytronic and Maurizio Troso like this.
    03-13-2016 01:03 PM
    I have noticed Cortana's live tile not updating. Any fix for that?
    kind of bugs me.
    03-13-2016 03:33 PM
    Hot-spot sharing is stable again after fresh install on 1020
    03-13-2016 03:57 PM
    10586 build is NOT for 950 xl 950 and 550 and will not show in their update since the insider builds of these are of build 14283 (redstone)
    03-13-2016 05:59 PM
    10586 build is NOT for 950 xl 950 and 550 and will not show in their update since the insider builds of these are of build 14283 (redstone)
    actually you can get 10586.164 on 950/xl even without being a insider, as well as in slow ring and Release preview. Only the fast ring of 950 /xl will be Redstone.
    03-13-2016 06:16 PM
    I am having a problem with mobile data connection after installing this update. Can't connect to the internet and notification from Whatsapp very late and slow. Any advice?
    03-13-2016 07:04 PM
    I am having a problem with mobile data connection after installing this update. Can't connect to the internet and notification from Whatsapp very late and slow. Any advice?
    Did you check if your data APN's have not been reset in cellular settings?
    03-13-2016 07:56 PM

Open storage sense those apps are installed on your sd card, move them to the device and it will update after that

Sent from mTalk
    03-13-2016 08:00 PM
372 ... 7891011 ...