W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 Issues (Threshold branch)

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
so far so good on 1320, even Edge is getting better, not much freezing. A lot less freezing and crash than prev builds, still not sure about battery though, maybe unchanged.

Time for the final ?

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if VVM should be available on dual sim devices with this build? I saw it was part of an earlier insider build. Now that this version was officially released for the unlocked 950 I was hoping to see the option. I am on T-Mobile.

VVM was enabled for Lumia 950's in the current .1004 Redstone branch fast track build. It showed up in the previous build but VVM didn't get messages. No mention of this coming to the Threshold branch but only the real insiders know.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
my 1020 ended up with a gears grinding loop (upgrading from .107), now in the process of starting from scratch, will update to .164, hard reset then restore from backup, I honestly think that all your apps are better installed OVER an update, rather than the other way.
We will soon see (after a few hours) :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded update in less than 15 minutes while also updating mail and get started app

Install took an hour or more I think

No noticeable difference yet.

Bugs/irritating scenarios still present

• Music playback flickering when clicking next or previous
  • App list background brightening after exiting app
  • Word flow is still hit and miss 20% of the time
  • Battery still drains faster than it should for normal tasks and on internet - phone gets warm to hot depending on task
  • After soft reset, time changes though this time it lost 10 minutes only and automatic update worked this time
  • Whatsapp seems slow to open
  • Fast scrolling results in items not loading fast enough to keep up with scrolling such as whatsapp lists, contacts, messages etc
  • Music volume reduced by itself from 20 to 13. Weird
  • Data usage doesn't work, I did the update and updated 2 apps. Wifi usage changed by 3MB only. How? Seriously what is this?

Others to follow
Lumia 1020, cyan firmware, 10586.164

antremaine

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I have never once had a problem with my alarm going off and i'm on the release ring with 640 lte. Have had problems with notifications not ringing through though, not sure about this new build as i just got it. SMS has always went through with no problem.

justforsabbath

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Looks like received html e-mails might be scaling correctly now...I hope...(Fierce XL)

Update:
Nope :(

I am too looking for this issues to be fixed but this will come with Outlook Mail update i guess. I don't why Microsoft haven't been able to fix the scaling issue for received emails on Outlook. It hampers the overall experience and should be on high priority coz most of the time we are involved sending/ receiving emails.

Shubham26

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
After new update .164 some apps take a long time to open. Eg: whatsapp remains on loading screen longer than before. Is anyone experiencing this? I have this issue with a few more apps.

And also I have not experienced random restarts at all (.122) but after a week or two the OS begins to lag here and there. And after manual restart feels snappy again.

Lazar 61

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
On first update from W8.1m to W10m all keyboards except english must be removed, and this instruction is generaly missing. All builds 10586. xxx do not work at all on LUMIA 640 XL DS, or it works a few days and than phone starts to heat, restart and generaly be unusable. I'm afraid, Microsoft has forgothen a difference in SOC between LUMIA 640 LTE and 640 XL DS non LTE. First is Snapdragon 400 version 8926, and second is version 8226. So i'm afraid that even final build won't work good on 640 XL DS. Can anyone help and fix this. 640 was announced as first future w10m phone, but after expensive 950 rollout, seems MS has forgothen on it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
After new update .164 some apps take a long time to open. Eg: whatsapp remains on loading screen longer than before. Is anyone experiencing this? I have this issue with a few more apps.

And also I have not experienced random restarts at all (.122) but after a week or two the OS begins to lag here and there. And after manual restart feels snappy again.

I've noticed the same with whatsapp

willyb1973

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
One of the bigges issues for me has been that the layout of html mail messages in mail app has been horrible.

I think this has gotten better with this release!? but it's still not perfect..

It's now mainly scaling of the message content that's the problem, does everybody still have this problem?

DEvilsHell

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
who els has a nokia lumia 520 using windows 10, last update was very slow running , hoe this will fix my isssu.
an other problem is messaging app sucks, it loads messages very slow even after i clear all messages from notifications itr appears on live tile

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
One of the bigges issues for me has been that the layout of html mail messages in mail app has been horrible.

I think this has gotten better with this release!? but it's still not perfect..

It's now mainly scaling of the message content that's the problem, does everybody still have this problem?

Sometimes but since they update the app separately it's progression probably won't depend on new builds. My main issue with the jail app is that it takes a long time to download images and html content in emails

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
after this update, my outlook is crashing to desktop when trying to open it, every time....tried a soft reset, same thing, lumia 1020 slow ring - no more email for me for now then :crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa