W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 Issues (Threshold branch)

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it was only me, but I lost my Internet Sharing capability.
can't you make a connection at all, or connection drops after the screen is locked? I have had problem with this function since upgraded to W10m and wondering if this is hardware/firmware specific or OS problem.

Shahwar Zia

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 925 bricked while downloading the update.. nothing is working.. it won't start up, soft-reset or hard reset.. windows phone recovery tool isn't detecting the phone either.. any suggestions on what to do?

Kez0

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Try using an old NCS, using the restore function. This option requires a FW file, download it using Navifirm plus. If you have trouble downloading this, send me a PM :D

:D

Bogdan Johnson

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
On my 640, best build so far.
For the past three previous builds, the phone was increasingly slow. Phone app took roughly 15 seconds to open, Photos app 10 seconds, Whatsapp 7 seconds and so on.

I did a hard reset before updating to .164 (and got a working Lumia Camera back as a nice surprise), and now they open almost instantly.
I also noticed that the Storage Sense usage details refreshes way faster than before, both on internal memory and SD card.
Alarm was always ok to me.
On the previous build, my pc couldn't detect my phone anymore, but I have yet to try it on this one.
Overall performance is really good, so if you are suffering from the same problems, it's a nice idea to give it a try, but I restored my backup in the process, instead of the recommended fresh start.

It's also worth pointing out that hard reseting freed a nice amount of system memory usage (in Storage Sense), reducing it to 4.4GB (was around 4.8 before). To my surprise, after updating to .164 and updating all the apps, the amount was further reduced to 3.8GB. A very welcomed free space.

And I don't know about you, but sometimes, when I'm downloading a build and it fails, when I try it again, the required space goes drastically higher than it was originally (in the previous build download, from around 850MB to 1.23GB), and this was the culprit that motivated me to hard reset, since I had nothing else to remove to free actually more than the required space, and the system apps do a poor job in internal memory consumption.

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 925 bricked while downloading the update.. nothing is working.. it won't start up, soft-reset or hard reset.. windows phone recovery tool isn't detecting the phone either.. any suggestions on what to do?
try to remove sd card, and then try this:

Press and hold the power-, volume-down- and camera buttons until the phone vibrates. Then release the power-button and keep the other two buttons pressed for another five seconds. The phone should reset to factory settings.

Only turn on recovery tool after connecting phone to pc, the app might show unknown phone, just let it reset the phone.

I'm not sure if I'm missing out something here, but i used to be in the same situation as yours when updating the phone and tried to restart the phone since it was running too long, (never do that again).

motasim parkar

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Even I'm using a Lumia 925 .164 build , I only have the battery problem . The battery drains very fast. And if I use the device for 30 minutes it becomes burning hot especially from the top right corner

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 - Build .164 - very smooth. Battery life on par with Windows 8.1 I would say. Cortana works flawlessy sometimes, but she says she's having trouble sometimes (even if I type my request). Great build, fluid n responsive.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Even I'm using a Lumia 925 .164 build , I only have the battery problem . The battery drains very fast. And if I use the device for 30 minutes it becomes burning hot especially from the top right corner

Try Lumia Phone Test Application.
The more heater is normal wspecially when surfin, dialling etc. On top right corner there's the CPU

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Outlook.com email syncing is still bad....as I see tons of 'feedback threads' on this...it takes a long time to sync...and now when syncing it goes to this section: Outlook.com accounts in People app are having issues too...also reported in Feedback threads...Hard reset performed, with clean install (twice-no backups..) :sweaty:

Gmail account syncs fine...

wp_ss_20160311_0001.jpg

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160311_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20160311_0001.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa