W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 Issues (Threshold branch)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
There is no sd card on lumia 925.. I've tried the press and hold button method and the phone doesn't vibrate.. instead only the windows button lights up... and no matter what I do the recovery tool doesn't recognize the device..

Press and hold vol down + power, count 15 secs, release. You'll feel a vibro, it works even with black screen.
Then if doesn't work use the hardware sequence, it's more complelx and you need a wall charger for starting

Last edited:

ChrisEF

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Phone: Lumia 930
Branded: UK Vodafone
Version: 1511
Firm: 02540.00019.15234.50006
Hardware Revision: 2.0.0.1

For some reason, whenever I take a photo, occasionally the phone reboots and doesnt save any photo. Wondered if anyone else experience this?:devil:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Phone: Lumia 930
Branded: UK Vodafone
Version: 1511
Firm: 02540.00019.15234.50006
Hardware Revision: 2.0.0.1

For some reason, whenever I take a photo, occasionally the phone reboots and doesnt save any photo. Wondered if anyone else experience this?:devil:

Check in Store in there's pending app updates, or in Store go directly to Microsoft Camera and check if there's an Update or Install button

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
.164 on L640 LTE- everything works great on my phone, but battery drains faster than the last builds. I always use same settings, same apps with same frequency, etc. I'm not saying it's very bad, but the difference is noticeable, other than that I'm happy with my lumia.
Oh, there is one thing that bothers me a bit- office (word or excel) doesn't want to open some files ocassionally, it's not a bug, the problem is that it doesn't support a lot of additions in files- I don't know how to explain- sometimes it shows a popup note that for example a header has unsupported format, or I can't work with password protected files..... Now I don't care much, because I can do my work on PC, but I can't imagine to work with continuum and not being able to do my job....

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Just an update to my problem. So I check with my mobile operator and turned out that the problem is on their side. They are working on it.

I am not so sure about that but will check with my operator regarding the APN. It is not that I could not connect to the Internet but the connection is very slow. Whatsapp's notifications arrive very late. But can't surf the Internet and my weather tile is not updating.

Koen C

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
L640-user :
Windows Central app is not working properly on this new build
My heartrate monitor (Polar) doesn't work anymore, something that was also the case with one of the previous preview builds

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
which apps are these? Copying from and pasting to
For example:
I try to copy link or text from outlook mail to paste it in messaging (Skype) or fb mess or even edge. The paste button is greyed out.
Try to copy a text that is written by me in a field (be it in messaging, fb mess, edge) the copy icon does not show up when I long press. I can only copy what is already written, but of course I cannot paste it.

I am thinking that the bug may be related to having my personal phone activated for corporate use ( I have my work e-mail ).
E-mail is managed by Intune and maybe some policy is set to not be able to copy paste? Idk, but if it is so, it is just dumb.

Emanuel Manole

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Well something bad is happening with the battery. First day the battery was just good but now is bad..today i saw my battery at 38%, the second time i looked at my phone , it was just 30% without anything beeing opened, wifi off, everything , i was just waiting at the metro . I don't know what to say anymore..I don't want to go back to 8.1 , but I can't stay with this battery life either..(lumia 1320) .

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Well something bad is happening with the battery. First day the battery was just good but now is bad..today i saw my battery at 38%, the second time i looked at my phone , it was just 30% without anything beeing opened, wifi off, everything , i was just waiting at the metro . I don't know what to say anymore..I don't want to go back to 8.1 , but I can't stay with this battery life either..(lumia 1320) .
Subway/metro usually is not the place to take calls or use the phone. Most people don't realize that using the phone in the metro drains more battery than usual due to the tower signal having less coverage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb