W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 Issues (Threshold branch)

anon(8032808)

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting prompted for this update on a non-insider 950 unlocked.

After it downloads and starts preparing to install updates it always gives the error 'Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later'. Any resolutions?

Souradeep47

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone with their devices upgraded from wp8.1 got their display settings (Lumia colour profile) updated to windows 10 style yet? My phone still retains the wp8.1 style menu.

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
640xl, my update had a lot of issues... i went to the windows insider and had to go back to fast ring, and that's when i saw it was behaving a bit better.... Don't know why it had so many issues after update.

cjslman

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I got the W10M update for my 640 XL (after using the Upgrade Advisor). After getting updated, it said that I had update 10586.164 pending and I updated to that also. So far it's been smooth sailing... runs and looks great. The only thing that I noted is that my contacts have disappeared (not too worried about that since it's not my main driver). If anything else pops up, I'll post.

mdshot10

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
After going back to the Windows Phone Ecosystem there are things that I've noticed, things that should not be removed.

1. Group Contacts in Messaging App - in Windows 8.1 there's an option for you to choose the groups where you would like to send a message but in Windows 10 it's gone and I have to go to People's App for it.

2. Dedicated Music Player - I only have Groove Music and I can't seem to find the official app.

3. Touch Settings - I can't change the touch sensitivity and turn off the vibration when using the buttons.

overall the update is good and there's more room for improvements. it's kinda awkward to experience less app crashes in the preview build than with the official 8.1 update.

Souradeep47

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I tried hard resetting and then starting afresh without restoring any backups, but still the same issue persists. I had upgraded using the Upgrade Advisor. I guess this is a known issue for every wp8.1 device upgraded to w10m.

Like wise1

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I am using Lumia 730 mobile, I am on Insider preview 10586.164 fast ring build, one of my friend got windows 10 update in his lumia 730 directly from official update, he is currently at 10586.107... he don't have issues like i had, Notification bar is not hiding for me, battery backup is avg(it was awesome when i used in win8.1), apps loading slow, other small bugs...... but still i love windows 10M.

If i want a stable build like my friend had do i need to go back into win8.1 and update to official Win10 ? Or in insider preview do i need to select production update ? I am using Insider OS from past 3 months, so please guide me how to get official windows 10. :unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Ive the official one, thebattery life is almost similar to what I was previously getting on 8.1 . Yes the notification banner can be hidden for incoming notfs. and yes bar auto hides too.

Last edited:

OfWolfandMan

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
What am I doing wrong?

I have a Lumia Icon and I was on the fast ring, after noticing that I was getting no updates to my 10586.107 version, I moved to the slow ring and now the update is available (10586.164), it downloads without any issue, but when it tries to install I get the following error:

"Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x80070570)"

Has anybody ran into this issue as well?

So I got the upgrade, this is how it went:

1. Unenrolled from the Insiders program through the Windows Insiders app.
2. Enrolled again this time in the slow ring.
3. Tried the update again.
4. Update downloaded, prepared to install, asked for phone restart.
5. Phone restarted, gears appeared...
6. :-(
7. Freaked the hell out!
8. Downloaded Windows Recovery Device Tool.
9. Now the phone won't leave the gears for more than 30secs-1 minute before :-( appeared again.
10. Device Tool won't recognize the phone unless is turned on, so I had to get to the recovery clicking as fast as I can on those intervals of time.
11. Image started downloading, the first time the phone was on showing Nokia for a good 5 minutes or so, half of the image downloaded.
12. Phone restarted, a message among the lines of "something went wrong and download couldn't finish" was shown.
13. Cursed at the world.
14. Once the phone restarted (btw, it will be automatic since the phone is connected to the USB the whole time), clicked on try again and download resumed.
15. Repeat previous step for 5 times or so.
16. Installed image.
17. Windows Phone 8.1 installed.
18. Realized I had a backup from 6 days ago :)
18. Ran updates for 8.1, 2 or 3 updates I think.
19. Downloaded Insider's app again, enrolled in slow ring, downloaded build 10586.107
20. Realized backup from 6 days ago was replaced with a backup from the same day (this overwrote my apps and start screen since I cancelled all the app updates in 8.1 to make the process faster, also like 75% of my app were WP10 app and didn't even try to update)
21. Cursed at the world again.
22. Got notification for scheduling a phone restart to install build 164...
23. Stared at my phone for a good 5 minutes.
24. Decided to move on with my day and leave the recommended time, 3:30am.
25. Woke up this morning, phone has the built 10586.164 installed, everything is working fine.

:)

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
So I got the upgrade, this is how it went:

1. Unenrolled from the Insiders program through the Windows Insiders app.
2. Enrolled again this time in the slow ring.
3. Tried the update again.
4. Update downloaded, prepared to install, asked for phone restart.
5. Phone restarted, gears appeared...
6. :-(
7. Freaked the hell out!
8. Downloaded Windows Recovery Device Tool.
9. Now the phone won't leave the gears for more than 30secs-1 minute before :-( appeared again.
10. Device Tool won't recognize the phone unless is turned on, so I had to get to the recovery clicking as fast as I can on those intervals of time.
11. Image started downloading, the first time the phone was on showing Nokia for a good 5 minutes or so, half of the image downloaded.
12. Phone restarted, a message among the lines of "something went wrong and download couldn't finish" was shown.
13. Cursed at the world.
14. Once the phone restarted (btw, it will be automatic since the phone is connected to the USB the whole time), clicked on try again and download resumed.
15. Repeat previous step for 5 times or so.
16. Installed image.
17. Windows Phone 8.1 installed.
18. Realized I had a backup from 6 days ago :)
18. Ran updates for 8.1, 2 or 3 updates I think.
19. Downloaded Insider's app again, enrolled in slow ring, downloaded build 10586.107
20. Realized backup from 6 days ago was replaced with a backup from the same day (this overwrote my apps and start screen since I cancelled all the app updates in 8.1 to make the process faster, also like 75% of my app were WP10 app and didn't even try to update)
21. Cursed at the world again.
22. Got notification for scheduling a phone restart to install build 164...
23. Stared at my phone for a good 5 minutes.
24. Decided to move on with my day and leave the recommended time, 3:30am.
25. Woke up this morning, phone has the built 10586.164 installed, everything is working fine.

:)

So I'm thinking of going your route, is the.164 build much better than the .107

Maksim-t97

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have the lumia 925 windows10 installed open multiple applications, then open the multitasking and quickly flip through the application, the image must twitch when flicking. All so?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss