03-15-2016 07:04 PM
135 1234 ...
tools
    Am I the only one that have nothing to work after update? I have Lumia 950, updated from build 164. Wi-Fi not working: it says Available on tile, but infinite "Searching network..." in settings. All Apps loading and crashing instantly, or loading infinitely. Can't open Settings - "There is no app for this task. Find in Store?" Edge close down immediately, WhatsApp is "Loading..." and then crashing. How can I do hard reset if I can't open settings?
    03-11-2016 12:45 AM
    Am I the only one that have nothing to work after update? I have Lumia 950, updated from build 164. Wi-Fi not working: it says Available on tile, but infinite "Searching network..." in settings. All Apps loading and crashing instantly, or loading infinitely. Can't open Settings - "There is no app for this task. Find in Store?" Edge close down immediately, WhatsApp is "Loading..." and then crashing. How can I do hard reset if I can't open settings?
    Instructions here:

Reset my phone - Windows Help
    1. Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10 to 15 seconds).
    2. When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
    3. Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)
    Or use the Windows Device Recovery Tool
    03-11-2016 01:43 AM
    Anyone here having problem downloading? 950xl
    Been 0% for nearly a day now, battery draining like mad, which indicate it is downloading, even with the wifi sign showing arrow, phone is hot for nearly a day also.
    So, i've to hard reset for it to download again?
    03-11-2016 02:06 AM
    Anyone here having problem downloading? 950xl
    Been 0% for nearly a day now, battery draining like mad, which indicate it is downloading, even with the wifi sign showing arrow, phone is hot for nearly a day also.
    So, i've to hard reset for it to download again?
    As mentioned in Gabe's blog, you MUST leave your phone wall plugged when updating, or download will blocked for preventing bricking
    03-11-2016 02:12 AM
    its plugged in before updating.
    03-11-2016 02:15 AM
    its plugged in before updating.
    Good, and it MUST stay plugged till end
    03-11-2016 02:25 AM
    Good, and it MUST stay plugged till end
    My two phones didn't need that. Also been good as long as I have been over 40 percent battery.
    03-11-2016 02:48 AM
    My actual feedback:
    -Here Driive+ is not working
    -Camera has the same blink at lunch like the previous build
    03-11-2016 02:49 AM
    My two phones didn't need that. Also been good as long as I have been over 40 percent battery.
    Good for you, I said a warning in Release note
    03-11-2016 02:51 AM
    Thanks for sharing that! Saved me a hard reset guess I'm gonna have to sync my band 2 with another device for a while :/
    You're welcome, was hoping to catch you before another hard reset. Btw, I'm very disappointed in this build, extreme heat, terrible Battery life, useless wallet app, no significant new features, broken Band 2 sync...a perpetual beta with no official release = garbage. 1.7% and getting smaller each day
    flitchtag, Mad Cabbie and kensyd like this.
    03-11-2016 03:24 AM
    You're in the fast ring and you complain about it being a beta and some things not working...

What were you expecting from a Fast Ring build?
    03-11-2016 03:30 AM
    Was anyone able to perform the Band2 language workaround?

I changed language from Italian to English and restarted the phone but it didn't work, band 2 is paired but health app or any other app won't connect.
    03-11-2016 03:36 AM
    Its been nearly a day ..... 0% I'll do hard reset after 8 if still stayed at 0%
    03-11-2016 03:50 AM
    Was anyone able to perform the Band2 language workaround?

I changed language from Italian to English and restarted the phone but it didn't work, band 2 is paired but health app or any other app won't connect.
    Ok so, changing the language to a language already installed on the phne did not work. What did work was:
    -delete band from paired devices
    -repair it (with PIN accept and everything)
    -install a new language on the phone (I had it-it and en-us and I installed en-uk) and use it as phone language
    -reastart

Now band is fully functional!
    03-11-2016 04:59 AM
    If things don't suit, and the insider program is way to broken, and, as mentioned, even slow ring is 'not worthy', look up apple or android, and bugger off over there.

When MSFT announced win 10, it was stated this was the final big OS release. From now until whenever, W10 would be known as windows as a service, with continual updates for the future. This applies to mobile and Desktop. Hence, there will always be bugs. Android is the same, with many releases, fixing issues in the previous version, and creating some for the current release.

I hard reset this one and didn't restore. Band 1 worked, but still had app crashes. .1004 was pretty good, and I like where this is going! Now back on .164 on 950xl and have come across nothing that would make me walk or troll threads.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 03-15-2016 at 08:08 PM. Reason: cleanup on aisle 5
    Paolo Ferrazza likes this.
    03-11-2016 06:09 AM
    It's awful. I don't receive any sound notifications now. No alarm sounds. The phone runs super hot just browsing then Internet or sending emails. I'll be rolling back today.
    03-11-2016 06:33 AM
    my 950xl changed from hk-variant to international-variant after this update.....

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...83-update.html
    03-11-2016 07:09 AM
    Originally posted by Robert Jurczyk
    i can't open pdf files directly from file explorer...but from the (4 example) foxit directly they r open.
    HereDrive+ issue with open, reinstall didn't
    People still sync with facebook when I don't want this.
    im hqving problems with pdf with continuum, apps do not work anymore...
    03-11-2016 07:50 AM
    I hope fixed annoying bugs in Continuum feature... for example : Mouse pointer do not works well when i use phone as mouse
    03-11-2016 08:01 AM
    FINALLY!!!!! Cortana is working again! I get announcements of incoming texts and can go completely hands-free again.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    03-11-2016 08:13 AM
    How's the battery life?

crabby
    03-11-2016 08:15 AM
    Finally updated to .1000 after hard reset. Is it me or is the lock sound changed?
    03-11-2016 08:28 AM
    I've had the phone freeze twice while trying to wake it; the pin code keypad would not appear, and neither touch nor buttons were responsive. Had to do a soft reboot to wake it up both times. This had never occurred with any previous insider version.

The Band2 sync went well once I changed the language from English (US) to English (Canada).

Update: The L950 keeps locking up when trying to awaken it. Before this happens there is no glance screen apparent, just a blank screen. It wakes up to the point where the pin code keypad should appear but it never does. I hate to think that I have to reboot it every time I'll be taking it out of my pocket today.

Further Update: Have not had any issues with the L950 freezing since this AM.
    Last edited by DLong4; 03-11-2016 at 02:37 PM.
    Andrew Gordon likes this.
    03-11-2016 08:33 AM
    Wow, I am having major problems with this build on my 950. My Wifi quit working completely this morning (couldn't see a Wifi adapter), required reboot. I had a spontaneous reboot while just using the start menu. I just had a complete freeze that required a soft reset--all that was showing was my lock screen image (which was also reset to default by the build). Upon coming back up from the reset, it tells me my SD card is having problems and needs to be scanned/fixed. Still scanning. Apps installed on SD are unavailable. Hopefully it is able to fix whatever happened. I've only been using this version for a few hours!

Update: Scan finished with no indication as to whether it found/fixed anything but SD card was still unavailable. A subsequent restart didn't immediately fix the problem, but within a couple minutes the grayed out icons representing apps on the SD card became accessible again.

I'm back to business for the time being, but if this keeps up, I'll be rolling back to a non-Redstone build.

Another Update: Two minutes later, frozen on the lock screen image again. Looks like this build is unusable--at least for my phone. This is the first time I've had issues like this with a preview build.

Final Update: Apparently it just needed to mess with me for a while. Its been absolutely fine all day long. I just don't understand the tantrum it threw this morning!
    Last edited by Eric Rankin; 03-11-2016 at 02:45 PM.
    Andrew Gordon likes this.
    03-11-2016 08:41 AM
    after update hard reset is needed.
    03-11-2016 08:45 AM
135 1234 ...