Windows 10 Mobile preview build 14283 released to Insiders in the Fast ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
The bigger question is why is the question being asked when the purpose of the Insider program is to be beta testers... Its not like win10m gets released to the general public and Insiders start testing win11m. These comments are a flipping joke. Get OFF insider if you dont understand what it is and what its for.

Talking about sensible queries... You definitely can't beat that "Why am I not getting build .164 on fast ring...."

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i ended up resetting my phone - after doing a backup - and restoring.

got my band2 working fine again now!

the phone seems to be acting ok. for now at least.

worst case, i reset and go back to the normal builds. but this redstone path is looking good so far

So you were able to pair the Band2 after installing this build and doing a hard reset? What device?

Robert Jurczyk

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
i can't open pdf files directly from file explorer...but from the (4 example) foxit directly they r open.
HereDrive+ issue with open, reinstall didn't
People still sync with facebook when I don't want this.

Last edited:

Cornelius Smith II

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree - quite frankly, these Redstone builds are looking good but one additional comment is that these are more stable than what we saw in last year's Insider builds.

Maxonchik

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one that have nothing to work after update? I have Lumia 950, updated from build 164. Wi-Fi not working: it says Available on tile, but infinite "Searching network..." in settings. All Apps loading and crashing instantly, or loading infinitely. Can't open Settings - "There is no app for this task. Find in Store?" Edge close down immediately, WhatsApp is "Loading..." and then crashing. How can I do hard reset if I can't open settings?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that have nothing to work after update? I have Lumia 950, updated from build 164. Wi-Fi not working: it says Available on tile, but infinite "Searching network..." in settings. All Apps loading and crashing instantly, or loading infinitely. Can't open Settings - "There is no app for this task. Find in Store?" Edge close down immediately, WhatsApp is "Loading..." and then crashing. How can I do hard reset if I can't open settings?

Instructions here:

Reset my phone - Windows Help
Microsoft said:
1. Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10 to 15 seconds).
2. When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
3. Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

Or use the Windows Device Recovery Tool

AnubisJack

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Anyone here having problem downloading? 950xl
Been 0% for nearly a day now, battery draining like mad, which indicate it is downloading, even with the wifi sign showing arrow, phone is hot for nearly a day also.
So, i've to hard reset for it to download again?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone here having problem downloading? 950xl
Been 0% for nearly a day now, battery draining like mad, which indicate it is downloading, even with the wifi sign showing arrow, phone is hot for nearly a day also.
So, i've to hard reset for it to download again?

As mentioned in Gabe's blog, you MUST leave your phone wall plugged when updating, or download will blocked for preventing bricking

abogdan

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283

My actual feedback:
-Here Driive+ is not working
-Camera has the same blink at lunch like the previous build

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for sharing that! Saved me a hard reset guess I'm gonna have to sync my band 2 with another device for a while :/

You're welcome, was hoping to catch you before another hard reset. Btw, I'm very disappointed in this build, extreme heat, terrible Battery life, useless wallet app, no significant new features, broken Band 2 sync...a perpetual beta with no official release = garbage. 1.7% and getting smaller each day

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're in the fast ring and you complain about it being a beta and some things not working...

What were you expecting from a Fast Ring build?

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Was anyone able to perform the Band2 language workaround?

I changed language from Italian to English and restarted the phone but it didn't work, band 2 is paired but health app or any other app won't connect.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Was anyone able to perform the Band2 language workaround?

I changed language from Italian to English and restarted the phone but it didn't work, band 2 is paired but health app or any other app won't connect.

Ok so, changing the language to a language already installed on the phne did not work. What did work was:
-delete band from paired devices
-repair it (with PIN accept and everything)
-install a new language on the phone (I had it-it and en-us and I installed en-uk) and use it as phone language
-reastart

Now band is fully functional!

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
If things don't suit, and the insider program is way to broken, and, as mentioned, even slow ring is 'not worthy', look up apple or android, and bugger off over there.

When MSFT announced win 10, it was stated this was the final big OS release. From now until whenever, W10 would be known as windows as a service, with continual updates for the future. This applies to mobile and Desktop. Hence, there will always be bugs. Android is the same, with many releases, fixing issues in the previous version, and creating some for the current release.

I hard reset this one and didn't restore. Band 1 worked, but still had app crashes. .1004 was pretty good, and I like where this is going! Now back on .164 on 950xl and have come across nothing that would make me walk or troll threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786