03-15-2016 07:04 PM
135 12345 ...
tools
    Same problem here. My MS band won't sync anymore with the health app :-(
    03-11-2016 08:46 AM
    Wow, I having major problems with this build on my 950. My Wifi quit working completely this morning (couldn't see a Wifi adapter), required reboot. I had a spontaneous reboot while just using the start menu. I just had a complete freeze that required a soft reset--all that was showing was my lock screen image (which was also reset to default by the build). Upon coming back up from the reset, it tells me my SD card is having problems and needs to be scanned/fixed. Still scanning. Apps installed on SD are unavailable. Hopefully it is able to fix whatever happened. I've only been using this version for a few hours!

Update: Scan finished with no indication as to whether it found/fixed anything but SD card was still unavailable. A subsequent restart didn't immediately fix the problem, but within a couple minutes the grayed out icons representing apps on the SD card became accessible again.

I'm back to business for the time being, but if this keeps up, I'll be rolling back to a non-Redstone build.
    It happens a few times when rebooting or soft resetting during sd apps update in progress. It's like a usb key pulled away from pc without closing it... Usually the internal sd check works well but you cannot see the bar progress as in desktops, and it could take minutes with big cards. Obviolusly during scanning all sd app music photos etc are unaivable for safety reason
    03-11-2016 08:49 AM
    This build has removed the toggle for Edge as background task.(settings-->background apps; or battery saver-->Edge-->details)

This is severe because I had to disable Edge running in the background for the last several insider builds since it was using most of my battery and I am not running anything in Edge that would need to be a background task.

Please bring the toggle back! My battery life is terrible so far with this build.

950XL unlocked.
    03-11-2016 08:51 AM
    This build has removed the toggle for Edge as background task.(settings-->background apps; or battery saver-->Edge-->details)

This is severe because I had to disable Edge running in the background for the last several insider builds since it was using most of my battery and I am not running anything in Edge that would need to be a background task.

Please bring the toggle back! My battery life is terrible so far with this build.

950XL unlocked.
    Did you opened Edge once first to check background list?
    03-11-2016 08:55 AM
    I must be the anomoly. I performed the upgrade on my 950 XL. Everything is working perfectly. No issues at all as of yet. Band 2 is still paired and getting notifications, wifi is fine, all bluetooth connections are fine, no hard reset. Just performed the upgrade as normal. The only think not working is the sync from my band2 to the msft health app. Not a big deal to me although I realize it is to others.
    03-11-2016 08:57 AM
    Back to the topic on hand, on this build, my phone had some hiccups for the first few hours while everything was being setup, which is normal for any major upgrade (though this one was worse, had the normal Windows 10 wallpaper on my lock screen show up, at first my normal lock screen didn't come back, but later on it did, then had some locking up requiring a soft reset, which didn't really help my apps from coming back any faster, that took about an hour or so).

Again, after a few hours, my 950 XL started to work like the champ it is, which yeah, that's longer than normal.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 03-15-2016 at 08:12 PM. Reason: cleanup on aisle 5
    03-11-2016 09:08 AM
    Got this update yesterday and i was happy to see that it fixed the ringtone problem, now i'm able to change ringtone again!!!
    Though today, like every day, i had my workout, listening to my songs playlist on Groove Music, and after about 20 minutes of songs played it stopped, and i had to reboot the phone to have Groove playing any song again, just like it was on previous build...When will they fix this issue??? do i have to perform a hard reset??? I'd really like to avoid that since the phone runs just fine besides that
    03-11-2016 10:39 AM
    Anyone having major battery issues with this build? 950 dual sim on tmobile. Battery went from 100 to 30 in 4 hours.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10
    03-11-2016 10:41 AM
    Anyone having major battery issues with this build? 950 dual sim on tmobile. Battery went from 100 to 30 in 4 hours.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10
    Most 950 owners said on 2nd day the phone run at maximum. Yours is still in sync / upd phase (check if it is warm on top)
    03-11-2016 10:44 AM
    Got this update yesterday and i was happy to see that it fixed the ringtone problem, now i'm able to change ringtone again!!!
    Though today, like every day, i had my workout, listening to my songs playlist on Groove Music, and after about 20 minutes of songs played it stopped, and i had to reboot the phone to have Groove playing any song again, just like it was on previous build...When will they fix this issue??? do i have to perform a hard reset??? I'd really like to avoid that since the phone runs just fine besides that
    Why not usin a 3rd party app? seems there's sopme valid on store. Forget Groove. It's like an iphone ,android, or a pc. If someone doesn't satisfy me, I install an app for it
    03-11-2016 10:45 AM
    Very unhappy with 950. A very un finished product. After the recent update WiFi does not connect. Camera is slow as always to focus.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    03-11-2016 10:47 AM
    Most 950 owners said on 2nd day the phone run at maximum. Yours is still in sync / upd phase (check if it is warm on top)
    Yup. Its warmer then usual. I haven't done a hard reset. Is it needed? Still fairly new to all this so not sure if I will lose my texts or not if I do it.
    03-11-2016 12:01 PM
    Yup. Its warmer then usual. I haven't done a hard reset. Is it needed? Still fairly new to all this so not sure if I will lose my texts or not if I do it.
    Don't touch it for goodness sake! Let him complete his tasks, you'll not loose anything :) It's like a out-of-the-box- snining new laptop just connected and updating
    03-11-2016 12:07 PM
    Not sure why in the world Gabe did not mention this. With Band, just download desktop sync app http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=5T-LXWTP and every time I plug my band 2 to my surface to charge, it automatically syncs, checks for updates etc. No biggie.
    mikepalma likes this.
    03-11-2016 12:15 PM
    Not sure why in the world Gabe did not mention this. With Band, just download desktop sync app Download Microsoft Band Sync app for Windows from Official Microsoft Download Center and every time I plug my band 2 to my surface to charge, it automatically syncs, checks for updates etc. No biggie.
    Spread to the forums. Useful as calendar and noteook sync!
    jlangner likes this.
    03-11-2016 12:19 PM
    Camera bug still exists...it flashes again and again.
    03-11-2016 12:38 PM
    updated yesterday - no significant issues yet.
    03-11-2016 12:48 PM
    Just got 14283 overnight and now Outlook and Calendar are not working.Both crash on the splash screen. I still get calendar notifications though, and in the new format, but cant open the app.

Anyone else have this? I really don't want to reset but I might have to.
    03-11-2016 01:11 PM
    I'm rolling back to stable branch.

MY lumia 950xl has a bunch of issues.
    Apps crash
    battery drains quickly
    phone runs really warm in certain scenarios which It never did before.

Honestly, Redstone is not bringing anything that great in terms of features right now. I think i'll stick with stable until something really cool comes out. The fact that my lumia 830 runs way better is sad hehe.
    zei20t and Andrew Gordon like this.
    03-11-2016 01:16 PM
    I'm rolling back to stable branch.

MY lumia 950xl has a bunch of issues.
    Apps crash
    battery drains quickly
    phone runs really warm in certain scenarios which It never did before.

Honestly, Redstone is not bringing anything that great in terms of features right now. I think i'll stick with stable until something really cool comes out. The fact that my lumia 830 runs way better is sad hehe.
    .164 runs well on my 1520 and M8
    03-11-2016 01:22 PM
    Did you opened Edge once first to check background list?
    Not exactly sure what you mean... the tabs? I dont usually close all the tabs when exiting. I will try that and see how it goes. I tend to have a lot of tabs floating around.
    03-11-2016 01:26 PM
    03-11-2016 01:28 PM
    I must be the anomoly. I performed the upgrade on my 950 XL. Everything is working perfectly. No issues at all as of yet. Band 2 is still paired and getting notifications, wifi is fine, all bluetooth connections are fine, no hard reset. Just performed the upgrade as normal. The only think not working is the sync from my band2 to the msft health app. Not a big deal to me although I realize it is to others.
    Update, I switched my language to English UK from English US and my Band2 is now fully functional. After switching languages the Band2 was still paired, I opened the Health app and was immediately prompted to update the Band2's software which it did without issue. Full sync is again working and all notifications are coming to my band. Voila!
    03-11-2016 02:30 PM
    Very unhappy with 950. A very un finished product. After the recent update WiFi does not connect. Camera is slow as always to focus.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    That's exactly what preview software is "an unfinished product" especially on insider fast. If you aren't willing to live with things like this go back to the 10586 branch. The current .164 release is excellent on my 950.

MS warned you when you joined the insider program that this could happen.
    maevinj likes this.
    03-11-2016 03:39 PM
    Just got 14283 overnight and now Outlook and Calendar are not working.Both crash on the splash screen. I still get calendar notifications though, and in the new format, but cant open the app.

Anyone else have this? I really don't want to reset but I might have to.
    Joke post, right?
    03-11-2016 03:42 PM
135 12345 ...