Windows 10 Mobile preview build 14283 released to Insiders in the Fast ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhanmohd

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283

Very unhappy with 950. A very un finished product. After the recent update WiFi does not connect. Camera is slow as always to focus.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

moe124

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Most 950 owners said on 2nd day the phone run at maximum. Yours is still in sync / upd phase (check if it is warm on top)

Yup. Its warmer then usual. I haven't done a hard reset. Is it needed? Still fairly new to all this so not sure if I will lose my texts or not if I do it.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yup. Its warmer then usual. I haven't done a hard reset. Is it needed? Still fairly new to all this so not sure if I will lose my texts or not if I do it.

Don't touch it for goodness sake! Let him complete his tasks, you'll not loose anything :) It's like a out-of-the-box- snining new laptop just connected and updating

leftturney

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Just got 14283 overnight and now Outlook and Calendar are not working.Both crash on the splash screen. I still get calendar notifications though, and in the new format, but cant open the app.

Anyone else have this? I really don't want to reset but I might have to.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm rolling back to stable branch.

MY lumia 950xl has a bunch of issues.
Apps crash
battery drains quickly
phone runs really warm in certain scenarios which It never did before.

Honestly, Redstone is not bringing anything that great in terms of features right now. I think i'll stick with stable until something really cool comes out. The fact that my lumia 830 runs way better is sad hehe.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

Apps crash
battery drains quickly

Honestly, Redstone is not bringing anything that great in terms of features right now. I think i'll stick with stable until something really cool comes out. The fact that my lumia 830 runs way better is sad hehe.
.164 runs well on my 1520 and M8

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I must be the anomoly. I performed the upgrade on my 950 XL. Everything is working perfectly. No issues at all as of yet. Band 2 is still paired and getting notifications, wifi is fine, all bluetooth connections are fine, no hard reset. Just performed the upgrade as normal. The only think not working is the sync from my band2 to the msft health app. Not a big deal to me although I realize it is to others.

Update, I switched my language to English UK from English US and my Band2 is now fully functional. After switching languages the Band2 was still paired, I opened the Health app and was immediately prompted to update the Band2's software which it did without issue. Full sync is again working and all notifications are coming to my band. Voila!

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Very unhappy with 950. A very un finished product. After the recent update WiFi does not connect. Camera is slow as always to focus.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

That's exactly what preview software is "an unfinished product" especially on insider fast. If you aren't willing to live with things like this go back to the 10586 branch. The current .164 release is excellent on my 950.

MS warned you when you joined the insider program that this could happen.

dzukela

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site

Just got 14283 overnight and now Outlook and Calendar are not working.Both crash on the splash screen. I still get calendar notifications though, and in the new format, but cant open the app.

Anyone else have this? I really don't want to reset but I might have to.

Joke post, right?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Update, I switched my language to English UK from English US and my Band2 is now fully functional. After switching languages the Band2 was still paired, I opened the Health app and was immediately prompted to update the Band2's software which it did without issue. Full sync is again working and all notifications are coming to my band. Voila!

Bloody hell what a solution!

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried Redstone...but too many bugs for dialy use...soo I went back to 164...which is very stable and has good battery life...i guess will return to Redstone once it has more features and stable built...i just did a hard reset to get to 164...soo if this version is not stable then don't wanna hard reset again....

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Mine is actually working fairly well on this build, even without a reset. Love that the app drawer background finally stays.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

Apps crash
battery drains quickly

Made the exact same decision for the exact same reasons with my 950 XL. Battery life was atrocious. 10%/hr on idle...crazy. The stable branch is working well though no problems with .164

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb