Windows 10 Mobile preview build 14283 released to Insiders in the Fast ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283

Why 2 days? My lumia 1020 takes an hour or two to finish upgrade and then there's nothing after that. Or is this after a hard reset? Even if it was, it would take me a couple of hours to get back all apps and copy all content back. Unless the wifi is really slow like 100kbps.

I agree. 2 days to fully sync is hogwash. If someone thinks it takes 48 hours to fully sync up they dont understand how sync works. The 2 day thing I s an excuse for how bad the phone operates.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283

I agree. 2 days to fully sync is hogwash. If someone thinks it takes 48 hours to fully sync up they dont understand how sync works. The 2 day thing I s an excuse for how bad the phone operates.

Never heard something about "runnin on the field" ? Remember that too much carriers data quality and coverage are worst than phones.
Everyone postin here can confirm after two days their phones stop heating, drainin and start working faster

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Cortana still will not play music when "Play (artist)" is spoken and mine is still a grey square too. 950 XL US Dual SIM.On day 3 battery life is starting to get better. 50% after 8 hours. One task I've noticed that makes a huge differance is turning off Page Prediction in Edge.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Another build, more disappointment. That should be Gabe's motto

Issues with Dual SIM device still not fixed, having 2nd SIM in my phone will sometimes cause the phone to act sluggish, apps not responding and/or without data even when Mobile Data is turned on.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Things are improving in the 10586 builds. The 14xxx builds are very new so the initial phase will have serious bugs just like when 10080 was released

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Tested for a few days on my 950 (no reset after update....well no reset done for months actually) and this build is SO GOOD on my phone. Not a single reboot (the first redstone avaraged at one reboot a day), supersmooth multitasking and loading (never saw a loading screen or resuming), old apps like what's app are super smooth. Never been so happy about my 950.

Only sad about the Band bug...

Same experience for a collegue of mine with her 950.

Both from Italy with latest firmware.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Things are improving in the 10586 builds. The 14xxx builds are very new so the initial phase will have serious bugs just like when 10080 was released

I feel like this was true with the first redstone but they must have merged the fixes from the other branch to this one because it has improved so so much.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
since it is taking so long it must be harder than one might think...

Or just of a lesser importance than other issues.

But yes, I can see how vitally important this issue is and must be fixed immediately; it gives me heartburn whenever I see that grey square. How very incompetent Microsoft is for allowing such a thing to happen.

ruronirican

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This build has been the worst one I have experienced on my 950XL. Instability with things mounted to the SD card and reboots... OMG the reboots... prior to this build I had maybe experience a handful of reboots... after installing the new build I would say my phone reboots on average of one time per hour... app that get place in suspend mode crash when I tried to resume them... if in an app and a phone call or sms arrives and I answer/view the app will crash... :( here is hoping for a new build... and SOONER rather than later :(

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had no reboots, hangs or lag on my 950XL with the latest build.

The only thing that doesn't want to work all the time is the new Windows Central App.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Or just of a lesser importance than other issues.

But yes, I can see how vitally important this issue is and must be fixed immediately; it gives me heartburn whenever I see that grey square. How very incompetent Microsoft is for allowing such a thing to happen.

LOL it wouldn't have been important if we were talking about early builds but it is an obvious bug which everyone will notice and the OS was released in november to customers so they are not giving a great impression, we are not talking about a small enterprise, we are talking about the top product of one of the top software houses in the world. I don't think google would let Chrome on the market for more than one day with a grey icon in the taskbar for example, don't you think ? :p

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Maybe not a day, but almost 2 months without a right-click menu...?

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/6Tvxl9aKLcI

But, this is an old example. Stuff happens. Some stuff is considered more important than other stuff.

This bug always happens and it has been there for a year, that bug happened occasionally to some users. I develop software for an enterprise and bugs severity is not evaluated only considering if it breaks a feature but also considering the visibility to users. This bug has high visibility so: 1- MS is not allcoating enough resources to its flagship product (windows 10) or 2) the bug is more difficult than it may seem. While I don't care for this bug I'd really prefer (2) to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion