Windows 10 Mobile preview build 14283 released to Insiders in the Fast ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I also develop software in corporation (a little less than a billion dollars revenue, so probably small in your terms).

We typically use a Moscow rating (Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have). This particular issue would rate a C in our team since it doesn't affect functionality and doesn't impact anyone's use or understanding of the system (since it's pretty obvious that the task in question is the start screen).

The thing is that items are ranked and interpreted differently. I wonder how many votes there are for this issue in Windows Feedback.

groady-ho baluzy

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I sure wish I knew why one build works so well on one phone but not another, even when they're the same model.
It seems like it's all different problems too. How does that happen when people are all running the same OS? Is there no consistency in tech.

Last edited by a moderator:

jcrod73

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I sure wish I knew why one build works so well on one phone but not another, even when they're the same model.
It seems like it's all different problems too. How does that happen when people are all running the same OS? Is there no consistency in tech.

Totally agree!! VERY frustrating.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, I'm on .164 with my 950xl, and heat is not an issue. I did try the Redstone, knowing full well it was a raw preview, and still didn't get any overheating. I'm a cabbie and had no issues with gps, Bluetooth or band. You seem quite an intelligent guy and are aware that the 950 et al were released on 10586.xx, so the Redstone branch, for these devices, is an entirely different direction. As for a year, I didn't think it was that long? My last thought on overheating....I had two note three's you could fry eggs on, and I wasn't alone! Try a 930 and see how they behave on 8.1. Very warm bottom right corner.

Temujin Morgan

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Yeah a little frustrating. But the recent firmware list (which my phone didn't get) had over 500 variants. Now divide by 4 for 950, 950 Dual, 950 XL and 950 XL Dual and there is more than 125 variants of each type, also remember my phone wasn't on that list (L950 RM-1104_15301 000-AU) so who knows how many there are out there. Also that list showed so many different versions of firmware.

After 2 days I had another reboot yesterday following a sharp 10% drop in battery over 15min. Rebooted fine after and been good since. Generally battery usage has been pretty good. Reboots are annoying but phone comes back to life after unlike old build. I still believe for my Model this is the best build yet. So much so I don't think I will jump on a newer build as soon as it drops. I have had this phone 3 months now and this is the happiest I have been with it and its still not great.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My experience with this build has gotten progressively worse. The most annoying bug is the phones failure to come out of lock screen. Just get a blank screen where I should enter my password. Only way out is to cold boot. 950 XL US

AnubisJack

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? After select a notification before unlock lock screen.

3XLC4TO.jpg

Tried hard reset, 2 times, if anyone also having this problem, i guess is the build problem, so ill just leave it to be fix in the future, if not, ill back to previous build and try download this build again.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? After select a notification before unlock lock screen.

Tried hard reset, 2 times, if anyone also having this problem, i guess is the build problem, so ill just leave it to be fix in the future, if not, ill back to previous build and try download this build again.

If I can see a notification and be fast enough to tap I'll report if it happens to me, but if hard reset didn't fix it reverting to previous and reupdating to this build won't change a thing so don't even try that.

Eric Rankin

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
This build has been extremely difficult for me. I continue to experience occasional freezes requiring soft resets (although not as frequent as when the build was first installed).

I am unable to install apps that require being installed on the device when my preference is SD card. Some apps indicate that they have to be installed on the device and ask permission. I grant permission, but they never install. I have to manually switch back and forth between device and SD in settings. Sometimes, when I switch, nothing will install requiring a restart of the phone to correct.

I had a hang at the Windows logo on restart that required a soft reset to correct.

About 10% or more of the apps I have installed immediately close upon start. Uninstalling and reinstalling corrects although this is made even more annoying by the SD card issue I mention above.

AE Blackjack installs with no name in the app list. Just an icon. Life360 Family Locator no longer works at all.

Bluetooth with my car seems to have gotten worse. About half the time, music won't play. Sometimes turning off bluetooth and turning it back on corrects while other times I actually have to delete and pair the phone again. Once I couldn't connect at all and my car actually told me there was a problem and that I needed to reregister the device.

My lock screen is set to "Bing" but I no longer get Bing images, just the blue Windows logo. I've tried changing it to other images and then back to Bing without success.

Of course, the known problem with MS Band syncing is annoying. The workaround of changing languages causes other issues with regional formatting (even though my region is still US) and Cortana.

Maps driving directions tells me that I didn't have a voice installed so it couldn't speak street names but I did have a voice installed. I'm guessing the language change to workaround the Band sync issue is involved with this. I could probably fix by going back to US English and breaking Band again.

This is the first time I'm actually considering about resetting and reverting back to another build. I don't mind some issues since this is pre-release software, but this build is a big step back in stability. You'd think stability would be getting better since there aren't really a lot of new features being added. Hoping for a new build sooner than later!

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 123707

Yes, a lot of us. I'm seeing this frequently on my 950 XL. Have to reboot to get back in. I've seen a lot of Feedback posts on it as well. The whole lock screen app is malfunctioning. Can't even get the background to display properly.

ver31

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 123707

slide down from the top (notification center) and pull it up;you will get another chance for Hello and the keypad will appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99