Build 14291.1001 bugs

anon(5325135)

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Been having the phone running hot issue here as well. I have my phone in airplane mode and have signed out of Skype video for now. Still runs pretty warm. I'm considering reverting back to the previous build (I wish they would make that easier than having to recover back using the recovery tool). Battery is dying so fast.

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
My 950 started overheating and draining a full battery in about 3 hours 2 days after installing the latest Redstone build but I managed to recover and now have it running at around 2.9 - 3.5% usage per hour.

I set privacy > feedback & diagnostics to basic and have temporarily changed back to production ring which apparently stops most telemetry data and after a soft reset, my 950 cooled down again and started behaving normally. I will leave it on production ring until the next build is published as it's running great.

I would be interested to see if this fixes the overheating for others or if it was coincidental that it stopped around the same time as changing the settings.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Anyone do a hard reset on this build? I know there's a bug that will corrupt your back up but I did it anyways. This build so far has been great. I do experience a lock screen bug that won't let me unlock the phone if there is music playing and the music control pop up comes out. I'm getting better battery life than the .164 build. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Sent from my Lumia 950 XL :)
i rolled back from 14291 to 10586 using WDRT. i believe the 14291 had done something to the file system. WDRT failed many times when it attempted to flash the image into my phone. it stopped at different random progress %. finally it succeeded after 10+ trials. i had never seen that before.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My 950 started overheating and draining a full battery in about 3 hours 2 days after installing the latest Redstone build but I managed to recover and now have it running at around 2.9 - 3.5% usage per hour.

I set privacy > feedback & diagnostics to basic and have temporarily changed back to production ring which apparently stops most telemetry data and after a soft reset, my 950 cooled down again and started behaving normally. I will leave it on production ring until the next build is published as it's running great.

I would be interested to see if this fixes the overheating for others or if it was coincidental that it stopped around the same time as changing the settings.

I discover that setting telemetry privacy lower than Complete, dramatically slows keyboard word prediction . Coincidence?

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm really sorry for your problems but my experience is different. Build 14291 is much better and faster than 10586 on my phone. The only problem I have is that some of my apps wont run. I may try to reinstall them (Here Drive, Easy Transfer, and Code Editor).

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

Thanks! Very happy now :) This fixed mine from being a super heated uncomfortable pocket warmer (for the 2 hours it would run for before running out of battery) back to its old self.

I did both things suggested: privacy > feedback & diagnostics to basic and have temporarily changed back to production ring so I can't say if one or the other was the issue but I'm not going back to try as I've spent long enough trying to get the battery consumption back to normal levels. Everything seems to be ok now with this build, no other issues noticed.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Very happy now :) This fixed mine from being a super heated uncomfortable pocket warmer (for the 2 hours it would run for before running out of battery) back to its old self.

I did both things suggested: privacy > feedback & diagnostics to basic and have temporarily changed back to production ring so I can't say if one or the other was the issue but I'm not going back to try as I've spent long enough trying to get the battery consumption back to normal levels. Everything seems to be ok now with this build, no other issues noticed.

Did you notice a slower word prediction when using keyboard, when in Production? I tried it on my 650 and I wasn't anymore able to write fast as before. Then, checking deeply in settings, I discovered Production disable keyboard data sharing with MS

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Did you notice a slower word prediction when using keyboard, when in Production? I tried it on my 650 and I wasn't anymore able to write fast as before. Then, checking deeply in settings, I discovered Production disable keyboard data sharing with MS

I can see the settings for keyboard data sharing have been changed and are now greyed out so I can't tick the box (under other keyboard settings).

I've not noticed a difference with typing but I've not tried that much. Words seem to be being predicted at normal speed to me but it isn't something I use very often to be able to notice a slow down.

ohrigeeta

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Can someone help me out? Am showing core build 1130.122. I don't know if that's the latest one I should be getting? Last week I updated to something from the fast insider ring and ended up having to do a hard reset. Doesn't seem like any better after the reset although the band2 is pairing now. Now no matter what insider ring I choose it tells me no updates available. Is the 1130 the Redstone build? Should I be doing another reset? Also I set up as a new phone after the hard reset last week. Any input is appreciated. Thx much

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Can someone help me out? Am showing core build 1130.122. I don't know if that's the latest one I should be getting? Last week I updated to something from the fast insider ring and ended up having to do a hard reset. Doesn't seem like any better after the reset although the band2 is pairing now. Now no matter what insider ring I choose it tells me no updates available. Is the 1130 the Redstone build? Should I be doing another reset? Also I set up as a new phone after the hard reset last week. Any input is appreciated. Thx much

ohrigeeta, I believe you are looking in the wrong place; you are lookin in Setttins>Extras>Advanced info.

You need to look in; SETTINGS>SYSTEM>ABOUT>More Info button (mid-screen)

You should be able to determine your OS Build, and Fireware version there.

Hope this helps you.

Last edited:

ohrigeeta

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
You are right! I was!! It says is version 10.0.14291.1001.
So is that the new one? Should I be concerned why insider doesn't give me any updates ? Thx much

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
You are right! I was!! It says is version 10.0.14291.1001.
So is that the new one? Should I be concerned why insider doesn't give me any updates ? Thx much

ohrigeeta, you have the latest OS Biuld (10.0.14291.1001) for Insider Fast Run, the latest Firmware version number should be: 01078.00038.16025.39005 (this can be found in the same place as the OS Build).

careful, you are now in the deep end. :)

ohrigeeta

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
ohrigeeta, you have the latest OS Biuld (10.0.14291.1001) for Insider Fast Run, the latest Firmware version number should be: 01078.00038.16025.39005 (this can be found in the same place as the OS Build).

careful, you are now in the deep end. :)

Great!! Now am in the deep end..hoping to stay afloat!! Read so much bad about this one and I do see some issues. Bing wallpaper doesn't work on lock screen anymore, half of the tiles on the screen load and the lower half loads after a noticeable fraction of a second,no voice on Gps navigation, groove music doesn't auto advance unless phone stays on, and the usual crappy edge browser. But I am staying positive...any ideas on the issues?

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this build is like hit or miss.
Installed it om my old 930, no hard reset and the phone is fast like a missile.
It opens the apps like my dual 950 which is in 10586.164.
I don't know what to say.
Amazing weather used to open one sec later in 930.Now they open it simultaneously!!!!
My dual 950 was terrible with Redstone even after hard reset...

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Phone - T-Mobile's 640

Upgraded from 164, and here is a list of current issues -
(pre-hard reset)
FlyDelta App doesn't even show Splash Screen
Frequent Reboots caused while in Groove
Reboots while in Messaging.
Constantly wanting to scan SD card, and rebooting during scan.

Just reset and still -
Random reboot
Detected Error in SD Card and wanted to scan it (I did not format card during reset). Rebooted phone during scan.

Did 1429 do anything to the file system on SD cards? Was it supposed to?

edit - trying again with a newly formatted sdcard.

edit 2- after many more reboots, back to 10586.

Last edited:

llckll

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
That's funny, because after reading this thread, I didn't want to upgrade to .1001 but it was too late. It already downloaded and was pending restart. I am not experiencing any issues for the most part. Everything is running smoothly.

Only issue that I'm experiencing is in Outlook Mail, when I want to switch between accounts, it gets stuck at the account screen and I click on the account and nothing happens. When I close Mail and go back, then it open the account that I lasted clicked.

Updates to Maps is a huge welcome improvement as well.

oscarodas

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the latest build on Lumia 1520, the only bug I have found so far is from time to time when I write a message the send arrow is greyed out, otherwise the build is very stable.

vgian

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 730, I have a lot of broken apps (simple calendar, cozy, ip camera monitor), I tried uninstall & reinstall them to no avail, I have to downgrade to 164.
What is the easier way to do that ?

CharlieBoy1894

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 730, I have a lot of broken apps (simple calendar, cozy, ip camera monitor), I tried uninstall & reinstall them to no avail, I have to downgrade to 164.
What is the easier way to do that ?

Currently no other way but to revert to 8.1 using WDRT then download Upgrade Advisor app to get 10586.107 then .164.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077