W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

Just read on the INSIDER HUB that in Dock is unabled to be updated on this build??? anyone know what this means?

current firmware for the display dock is 4.0. if your display dock is not at 4.0 and you plug in your phone it will not let you update to 4.0. Consequently, you may experience the same bugs on your dock which were corrected by the 4.0 update

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

Installed on my 640 XL and I am having intermittent issues with my Band 2 getting txt, phone and email notifications. I deleted the Band 2 off my BT on my phone and shut off BT on the band. I then re- paired it with the phone and I am not seeing any new emails and occasional texts, not all?

Any thoughts on this?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Installed on my 640 XL and I am having intermittent issues with my Band 2 getting txt, phone and email notifications. I deleted the Band 2 off my BT on my phone and shut off BT on the band. I then re- paired it with the phone and I am not seeing any new emails and occasional texts, not all?

Any thoughts on this?

That's one of bugs listed under the "Known bugs" in the Official release note

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

Maurizioo,

Sorry for the dopey question but where do you find the Official release notes?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

So far, no issues with this build on my 950 XL. Including my Band 2 which is working perfectly.

PF Mail

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site

The additional keyboards still can't be downloaded even though the problem was supposedly fixed in the last build. After reset, the home page was kinda messed up, couple apps default apps weren't pinned, a blank not working News app is pinned - there were actually 2 News apps in the app list, one works, and the other one was blank and crashed when run. The stupid Feedback app crashed right before I tried to submit - didn't feel like retyping in all the info again.

th3rookie

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 830 Unlocked (Canada)

- Store bug: Will show me already updated apps like it needs to be updated again. Disappear/reappears once in a while. Deleted apps (Nokia Account, App Social, Photobeamer) will always reappears when looking for updates.
- Heavy battery drain. I had too hard reset the phone two times before getting an acceptable (yet not like pre-redstone). Before the first hard reset, the phone was getting pretty hot. **EDIT**I hard reset the phone and configured it back but without restoring from an online backup. Battery drain return to normal. I did a test; Saved the new configuration, hard reset, restore, heavy battery drain came back. Hard reset, configured the phone from scratch again will the same settings, everything is ok now.
- Edge will crash once in a while.
- I don't know if that's a bug or a features but I got two favorites folders. One for my desktop/laptop and one for my phone. I got some duplicates in both folders, ie. windowscentral.com is in both folders. It will disappear from either the phones favorites or desktop.
- Untranslated text. Most in settings.ie. Update & security instead of Mise ? jour & S?curit?. Got the same problem in the desktop version.
- Unable to download a new Voice package. Tried French Canada and English Canada, both gets Error downloading. **EDIT**I tried the "re-enlist in Windows Insider". Doesn't work. Tried multiple ways, including 3 hard reset. Can't download at all.
- While searching for a Bluetooth device, from time to time, without selecting a device from the list, it will ask me to enter a PIN.
**EDIT**-Sometimes, the phone won't connect to Bluetooth/Wifi. I need to restart the phone to correct this issue.

That's it!

Last edited:

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 1520 + OS 14295 seems working well, but a camera app has a problem when using "choose the best lightning" - it often fit a portrait photo to landscape, so unusable to use it ...

Lumia 920 + OS 14295 is working well - it is snappier and with clearly better battery life (idle), compared on .164 ...

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Skype still broken for me. Able to open the app, sign in and view a preview of myself but when I go to call or answer a call it freezes a few seconds in and crashes.

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site

Ok. I'll bite. How did you get 14295 installed on your 920?

Sent from Windows 386

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

When playing videos in Netfilx, YouTube (browser) and Movie & TV app it flickers extremely bad when in landscape if you touch the screen. Bing lock screen will not work. Cortana STILL crashes a lot when doing a web search. Lock screen date and time are delayed. Edge is still an abomination. I honestly refuse to use it. And, I still have not gotten the Outlook Mail and Calendar update.

Edit: Netflix stops when you try to change the volume, it doesn't flash.

Lumia 640 XL Dual Sim.

Last edited:

PF Mail

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site

Lumia 830 Unlocked (Canada)

- Store bug: Will show me already updated apps like it needs to be updated again. Disappear/reappears once in a while. Deleted apps (Nokia Account, App Social, Photobeamer) will always reappears when looking for updates.
- Heavy battery drain. I had too hard reset the phone two times before getting an acceptable (yet not like pre-redstone). Before the first hard reset, the phone was getting pretty hot.
- Edge will crash once in a while.
- I don't know if that's a bug or a features but I got two favorites folders. One for my desktop/laptop and one for my phone. I got some duplicates in both folders, ie. windowscentral.com is in both folders. It will disappear from either the phones favorites or desktop.
- Untranslated text. Most in settings.ie. Update & security instead of Mise ? jour & S?curit?. Got the same problem in the desktop version.
- Unable to download a new Voice package. Tried French Canada and English Canada, both gets Error downloading.
- It happen once now but I'll mention it, while searching for a Bluetooth device, the PIN always poped-up.

That's it!

Yes, seeing the Store app bug and the battery problems.

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site

So, I am guessing that the 1020 will not get the RS builds?

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

PF Mail

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site

Oh, another problem with the video playback. In YouTube or Netflix for example, once the video starts to play full screen, horizontally, if you touch the screen, the screen will start the flash. This is a bad one.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

On a 650. Everything is fine for now.
Camera improved

Unable to install on an hacked 520. Maybe a Ram check somewhere in Upgrade Insider config

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

First time I actually acknowledged the battery draining in W10M. Today at around 9 in the morning I had charged my phone to 100%. Then I had unlocked my phone just thrice mainly to check the train timetable as I was travelling. After that my phone was locked at a stretch from 10 AM to 2 PM. After returning home did I unlock my phone again only to realize that the battery remaining was only 39%!! I was so angry that I immediately posted a feedback in the feedback hub. Never my phone had this big battery drainage issue before. Build 14295 is a nightmare! It has brought some really serious problems which weren't present before, most notably the flickering of screen while playing videos and this gross battery drainage issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte