06-16-2016 06:12 AM
326 1234 ...
tools
    Maurizioo,

Sorry for the dopey question but where do you find the Official release notes?
    On the Windows Central main page, they always release the official notes.
    03-26-2016 12:31 PM
    So far, no issues with this build on my 950 XL. Including my Band 2 which is working perfectly.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    03-26-2016 01:58 PM
    The additional keyboards still can't be downloaded even though the problem was supposedly fixed in the last build. After reset, the home page was kinda messed up, couple apps default apps weren't pinned, a blank not working News app is pinned - there were actually 2 News apps in the app list, one works, and the other one was blank and crashed when run. The stupid Feedback app crashed right before I tried to submit - didn't feel like retyping in all the info again.
    03-26-2016 05:00 PM
    Lumia 830 Unlocked (Canada)

- Store bug: Will show me already updated apps like it needs to be updated again. Disappear/reappears once in a while. Deleted apps (Nokia Account, App Social, Photobeamer) will always reappears when looking for updates.
    - Heavy battery drain. I had too hard reset the phone two times before getting an acceptable (yet not like pre-redstone). Before the first hard reset, the phone was getting pretty hot. **EDIT**I hard reset the phone and configured it back but without restoring from an online backup. Battery drain return to normal. I did a test; Saved the new configuration, hard reset, restore, heavy battery drain came back. Hard reset, configured the phone from scratch again will the same settings, everything is ok now.
    - Edge will crash once in a while.
    - I don't know if that's a bug or a features but I got two favorites folders. One for my desktop/laptop and one for my phone. I got some duplicates in both folders, ie. windowscentral.com is in both folders. It will disappear from either the phones favorites or desktop.
    - Untranslated text. Most in settings.ie. Update & security instead of Mise jour & Scurit. Got the same problem in the desktop version.
    - Unable to download a new Voice package. Tried French Canada and English Canada, both gets Error downloading. **EDIT**I tried the "re-enlist in Windows Insider". Doesn't work. Tried multiple ways, including 3 hard reset. Can't download at all.
    - While searching for a Bluetooth device, from time to time, without selecting a device from the list, it will ask me to enter a PIN.
    **EDIT**-Sometimes, the phone won't connect to Bluetooth/Wifi. I need to restart the phone to correct this issue.

That's it!
    Last edited by th3rookie; 04-04-2016 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Added Bugs and solutions
    ma678 likes this.
    03-26-2016 05:38 PM
    Lumia 1520 + OS 14295 seems working well, but a camera app has a problem when using "choose the best lightning" - it often fit a portrait photo to landscape, so unusable to use it ...

Lumia 920 + OS 14295 is working well - it is snappier and with clearly better battery life (idle), compared on .164 ...
    03-26-2016 05:38 PM
    Skype still broken for me. Able to open the app, sign in and view a preview of myself but when I go to call or answer a call it freezes a few seconds in and crashes.
    Dnyandeep Wankhede likes this.
    03-26-2016 07:25 PM
    Ok. I'll bite. How did you get 14295 installed on your 920?

Sent from Windows 386
    03-26-2016 07:28 PM
    When playing videos in Netfilx, YouTube (browser) and Movie & TV app it flickers extremely bad when in landscape if you touch the screen. Bing lock screen will not work. Cortana STILL crashes a lot when doing a web search. Lock screen date and time are delayed. Edge is still an abomination. I honestly refuse to use it. And, I still have not gotten the Outlook Mail and Calendar update.

Edit: Netflix stops when you try to change the volume, it doesn't flash.

Lumia 640 XL Dual Sim.
    Last edited by Matt Dargis; 03-27-2016 at 10:09 AM.
    03-26-2016 09:58 PM

- Store bug: Will show me already updated apps like it needs to be updated again. Disappear/reappears once in a while. Deleted apps (Nokia Account, App Social, Photobeamer) will always reappears when looking for updates.
    - Heavy battery drain. I had too hard reset the phone two times before getting an acceptable (yet not like pre-redstone). Before the first hard reset, the phone was getting pretty hot.
    - I don't know if that's a bug or a features but I got two favorites folders. One for my desktop/laptop and one for my phone. I got some duplicates in both folders, ie. windowscentral.com is in both folders. It will disappear from either the phones favorites or desktop.
    - Untranslated text. Most in settings.ie. Update & security instead of Mise jour & Scurit. Got the same problem in the desktop version.
    - Unable to download a new Voice package. Tried French Canada and English Canada, both gets Error downloading.
    - It happen once now but I'll mention it, while searching for a Bluetooth device, the PIN always poped-up.

That's it!
    Yes, seeing the Store app bug and the battery problems.
    03-26-2016 10:03 PM
    So, I am guessing that the 1020 will not get the RS builds?

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10
    03-26-2016 10:32 PM
    So, I am guessing that the 1020 will not get the RS builds?
    Good guess.
    The 1020 is out.
    03-26-2016 10:34 PM
    Oh, another problem with the video playback. In YouTube or Netflix for example, once the video starts to play full screen, horizontally, if you touch the screen, the screen will start the flash. This is a bad one.
    Matt Dargis likes this.
    03-26-2016 11:02 PM
    Ok. I'll bite. How did you get 14295 installed on your 920?

Sent from Windows 386
    Just tried Windows Insider Preview and it worked (without any registry hack) ....
    03-27-2016 12:25 AM
    On a 650. Everything is fine for now.
    Camera improved

Unable to install on an hacked 520. Maybe a Ram check somewhere in Upgrade Insider config
    03-27-2016 03:31 AM
    First time I actually acknowledged the battery draining in W10M. Today at around 9 in the morning I had charged my phone to 100%. Then I had unlocked my phone just thrice mainly to check the train timetable as I was travelling. After that my phone was locked at a stretch from 10 AM to 2 PM. After returning home did I unlock my phone again only to realize that the battery remaining was only 39%!! I was so angry that I immediately posted a feedback in the feedback hub. Never my phone had this big battery drainage issue before. Build 14295 is a nightmare! It has brought some really serious problems which weren't present before, most notably the flickering of screen while playing videos and this gross battery drainage issue.
    03-27-2016 03:48 AM
    I'll probably be considering going back to slow. Groove music has been stable so far on Windows 10 but since this latest redstone build it closes randomly and sporadically and as a dancer, I cant have that.
    03-27-2016 05:09 AM
    TuneIn App ( May be any music streaming apps in that case) stops playing all of a sudden but Music control slider on Lock screen shows it's playing. I think there is something wrong with algorithm introduced in RS1 that increased numbers of active apps in the background, I guess,to 10.
    03-27-2016 09:14 AM
    None on the above till now.
    650, battery works from morning to night with normal use (including music reader)
    Tried Groove this morning, on a 2h30m 280 MB mix, perfect. Music pause and play correctly,I have to try what happened in incoming call
    Hours of MixCloud listening, just one shuffle problem, Windows keys dominate on app keys making somrtimes a mess, sent .
    feedback
    03-27-2016 10:23 AM
    Lumia 1520 + OS 14295 + MS wireless display adapter (1.3.8350) => no landscape mode (all portrait) in a wireless display
    Last edited by Jaripi; 03-27-2016 at 04:49 PM.
    03-27-2016 12:11 PM

- Heavy battery drain. I had too hard reset the phone two times before getting an acceptable (yet not like pre-redstone). Before the first hard reset, the phone was getting pretty hot.
    (...)
    (...)
    Got those same issues on my Lumia 735.
    03-27-2016 12:56 PM
    Got those same issues on my Lumia 735.
    DON't reset phone too much before it stops sync/updating: It's like a notebook in a perennial format circle. Ley it finish. It takes one or two days for stabylizin, and that's true. I and many others observed that "on the field " on many models
    gumbedamit likes this.
    03-27-2016 01:09 PM
    As soon as I got this build installed my Lumia 640 went on a reboot frenzy. I started with taking the battery out, followed by a soft reset and then a hard reset when nothing else seemed to work. Even after the factory reset, the phone continues to reboot. Sometimes it will wait until I try to open an app. There were no issues like this until I updated.
    03-27-2016 01:28 PM
    As soon as I got this build installed my Lumia 640 went on a reboot frenzy. I started with taking the battery out, followed by a soft reset and then a hard reset when nothing else seemed to work. Even after the factory reset, the phone continues to reboot. Sometimes it will wait until I try to open an app. There were no issues like this until I updated.
    Boot it without charger first. Reboot loop was and old iussue of last 2015, very strange reading of it now
    03-27-2016 01:43 PM
    Same here
    03-27-2016 02:20 PM
    14295 i cannot text on my 640XL had to switch back to my 930 on .164 until that issue is fixed. i think MS should get their game in order, i like to think i am a die hard but i think my patience is wearing thin.
    03-27-2016 03:15 PM
326 1234 ...