06-16-2016 06:12 AM
326 12345 ...
tools
    patience... die hard... Then you must understand this is pre-release code. Bugs errors are expected. Go to slow ring if you want a more stable build. Expect fast release to destroy everything that is what it is meant to do.
    03-27-2016 03:42 PM
    This build is very good for my 2 phones, for Lumia 920 and 1520. I did not even do a hard reset for either one (sometimes these preview builds need hard reset, to work properly) ... lumia 920 is snappy and with good idle battery life. Lumia 1520 has been very stable, also bluetooth (.164 lost sometimes bluetooth connection) ... both has good e-mail, messaging, Groove (log out if you have problem, to rebuild database), etc. ... a minor problem with camera app, with update and with wireless display, but this is my favour build so far.
    03-27-2016 04:28 PM
    Half of the time my 640 screen won't respond to any input. Live tiles work all of the time, but don't respond to input half of the time. I'll wait to see of there are any more updates soon before I roll it back. What's strange is that the pulldown menu works fine and I can go into settings and everything there responds pretty much as it should. Weird. Definitely a big setback from the previous build but that's part of being an insider.
    03-27-2016 04:29 PM
    Screen flickers when watching a video fullscreen
    bing lockscreen is broken
    notifications don't appear in the action center.
    clearing notifications shows the same notifications few hours later sometimes.
    tiles like outlook mail don't update often like they did in .164
    peoples tile doesn't show peoples profile images (sometimes)
    new maps app is ugly as f*ck. Wheres the consistent "UWP apps" ms talks about..same style..features..etc.

somewhere I read said they added the android subsystem back into w10m in redstone...so I blame that piece of useless "ad"droid junk causing the problems if its true. they better not have shoved android crap back into it.we don't need ad filled android apps to fill the "app gap"
    03-27-2016 04:41 PM
    Redstone mobile is so bad I wouldn't even call it a Beta. I've been doing IT project management as a PMP for years, and frankly would have been canned for releasing poor quality ware for user testing...this situation is unthinkable. Bugs are one thing and acceptable, but non functioning major features like WiFi, among many other examples, are absolutely unacceptable. The reality is we are less than 1.2% of a market, and MS doesn't care about us or our software, which is likely what their Board of Directors advises (probably smart financial move).
    I think your inaccurately jumping to the conclusion that the issues your seeing are widespread and affect everyone. That's simply not the case. Running perfectly fine on my 735. What your experiencing is the danger you face for being part of the insider program. I commend MS for making it available, and suggest either you don't understand the program or it simply isn't for you.

If I were in your shoes, fully understanding the program, I'd first try a hard reset. If that didn't resolve, then revert to previous build. In all cases providing feedback via the insider forums. This is the essence of the program!
    v_emman, LeFreak and Carl Anderson like this.
    03-27-2016 07:33 PM
    950 XL Dual SIM US, Day 5. No issues to report. No repeat of the lockscreen bug. Battery life is good. Actually got a full day out of mine today. Band 2 still running without issue. I see a lot of the issues being posted but I am not experiencing them. Could be this build is better suited for the 950 series. I have not had to do a hard reset.
    gumbedamit likes this.
    03-27-2016 08:04 PM
    Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

My Phone is having some issues after upgrade to 14295 build, does anyone have an idea?
    1. rebooting continuously
    2. continuously saying SD card check even after formate also
    editguy likes this.
    03-27-2016 08:14 PM
    Can someone try to replicate this bug
    Open Groove
    Select a song and play
    Lock the screen
    Unlock the screen with the groove music forward/pause/rewind at the top
    Select forward/next song
    Does anyone screen start to flicker?
    Using a Lumia 535 on 14295
    03-27-2016 08:17 PM
    My phone is with this bug since I installed the first W10M build.
    Sometimes when I unlock my phone, the brightness of the screen is too dark or too bright and to correct I have to lock and unlock.

Anyone else?
    03-27-2016 09:30 PM
    Lumia 830. Video playback is broken. Movies and TV start flickering right after volume key is pressed (in landscape). To stop this press wireless display button and return back. May be problem connected to WD bug? And volume control does not recognize media app, it starts tune ring volume.
    And suddenly Candy Crush stopped working (loading and flow out), but it works a day after upgrade to this build... May be coincidence...
    03-28-2016 12:31 AM
    Originally posted by kish14all
    Some people have solved this by doing a chkdsk of the SD card on their PC. I had the same issue with my 630 on 8.1.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    03-28-2016 12:44 AM
    if you by a dock, there is a firmware option which is not available with this build ; wait for next; is it clear ?
    03-28-2016 01:54 AM
    I am unable to download English (Canada) Speech Language Pack.
    Groove is unable to sign in my account.
    Nokia Here Drive doesn't load any more.
    Apps that have already been updated reappear every time when I check update in Store.

My device is Lumia 640 LTE.
    03-28-2016 04:03 AM
    1.Apps always crash
    2.Cortana can't listen to voice
    3.Phone feels laggy
    4.Screen sometimes doesn't light up even when pressing power/camera/volume button
    5.Phone feels warm all the time.. Not so hot but i can confirm it's not like usual...

I should stay with 14291 :( smooth as silk
    Last edited by Ariman Amin; 03-28-2016 at 05:53 AM.
    03-28-2016 05:43 AM
    Lumia 830 here.
    I don't know if bug or a feature, but:
    *when I turn battery saver the bottom buttons stay lit

Bug:
    *I'm a heavy Baconit user, so this is annoying. When watching a video, turn on full screen and whenever you press the volume buttons, or touch the screen, the screen starts flickering, and I have to scroll down to remove that flickering.
    *Also when scrolling throughout imgur album, it just randomly zooms in. It didn't do in updates before this.
    Florin_Anghel likes this.
    03-28-2016 06:11 AM
    Hey guys ,
    Here I installed the 14295.1000 on my L535 dual .
    I have this problems :
    * When I put the secend simcard into the phone , the Wi-Fi not connect fast and currectly , It says : No internet or Not available . When the wi-fi status changed to this , The cellular sim can't be enable and the phone freeze ( I should soft reset to fix it ) .
    * We don't have the flash camera buttom in the Windows Camera feature list at the right . I can see only :
    Change to the selfie camera
    HDR
    and where is my Flash ?
    Note : The camera flash works well when I focus or Using the Camera 360 sight .
    Another Note : I updated all apps from the store and I hard reset to times for fixing my problem but I still have that .
    03-28-2016 07:07 AM
    Well the honeymoon is over. I just had the lock screen bug. Had to restart to log in.
    03-28-2016 07:09 AM
    This update is a hot mess on my 640 LTE. Basics work, ie... phone and messaging but Live Tiles are not updating, power drains quickly, apps resume is 5 seconds or more, three systems apps refuse to update regardless of storage settings, and overall not as stable or reliable as the previous. I hard reset three separate times and ran updates several times to be sure I had everything as updated as possible.

The Fast Ring can be a cruel task master! lol
    03-28-2016 07:34 AM
    An easier workaround (hopefully temporary) for the lockscreen issue is to hit the back button. Hitting the back button returns the display to the locked position. If you then slide the the lock screen up to open it, the unlock keypad will appear. This works 100% of the time for me (950XL insider ring, 14295). It's much more convenient than restarting.
    Last edited by pepsicocom; 03-28-2016 at 12:14 PM.
    03-28-2016 07:42 AM
    Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Try moving your Apps from the SD Card > to the Device (you may have to do another scan, but should take care of this error messege).
    03-28-2016 08:10 AM
    My phone is with this bug since I installed the first W10M build.
    Sometimes when I unlock my phone, the brightness of the screen is too dark or too bright and to correct I have to lock and unlock.

Anyone else?
    Is your phone set to Auto Brightness?
    03-28-2016 08:12 AM
    This build was a total disaster on my 1520. Did the upgrade first (from .164), after it completed, I got SD card errors, and a message that not everything was upgraded correctly. Choosing either Yes or No on the fix SD errors dialog resulted in a phone reboot. I removed the SD card, and the phone would start, but every time I tried pulling down the action bar, it would reset. Shortly after it would boot, and as soon as it was unlocked, it would reboot, every single time.

Using the Recovery Tool, I flashed back to 8.1, reset and upgraded to .164. I formatted my SD card, and then upgraded to 14295. Same problem, again detected issues on (empty) SD card, constant reboot cycle.

Back to Recovery Tool, flashed to 8.1, upgraded to .164, and phone is running perfectly again. No Redstone for me it seems.
    03-28-2016 08:42 AM
    Lumia 950
    Windows Hello no longer works, it doesn't recognize my eyes at all. Even when I try to improve accuracy, green/yellow bar never starts.
    Bing Images stopped working on my lock screen. It won't update over WiFi or cellular.
    Still not downloading my backed up texts, this has been a problem since my last hard rest a month ago. No mater what build I use, text don't download :-(
    03-28-2016 09:41 AM
    Try moving your Apps from the SD Card > to the Device (you may have to do another scan, but should take care of this error messege).
    I still get this randomly and have no apps on the SD card. Only music.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    03-28-2016 09:51 AM
    An easier workaround (hopefully temporary) for the lockscreen issue is to hit the back button. Hitting the back button returns the display to the locked position. If you then hit the power button to open the lock screen, the unlock keypad will appear. This works 100% of the time for me (950XL insider ring, 14295). It's much more convenient than restarting.
    Thanks, I'll give this one a try. Other solutions posted haven't worked.
    03-28-2016 09:54 AM
326 12345 ...