W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just installed this build. No issues with my Band 2. I reconnected the existing BT connection without issue. 950 XL Dual SIM US. I'm hoping the lockscreen bug is resolved although it was never officially acknowledged.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

I see no change, good or bad.

- Still not allowing me to turn off Hello, says: "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown."
- My email notifications are still not showing up on the Lock/Glance Sreen
- BT headset seems to work well.

950XL, Dual, USA

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

This thread is in the Mobile forum. You might want to post this in a new thread in the PC forum. I would edit the title of this one but I don't have the ability. Admin?

whoops my apologies. I just saw it. Ignore me. *whistles*

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Just read on the INSIDER HUB that in Dock is unabled to be updated on this build??? anyone know what this means?

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Hey Mark...is the lockscreen bug that you mentioned that the lockscreen is not showing Bing (for example) ?

Sheratan

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site

640LTE. Here's couple bug I had:

> Some menu still using english words. Yes I don't use english in my phone.
> Battery!
> Bing lockscreen still somehow broken
> Twitter is missing from People/Social.
>

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Hey Mark...is the lockscreen bug that you mentioned that the lockscreen is not showing Bing (for example) ?

No but that was annoying too. I fixed that with that new lockscreen app WC posted. The bug I'm referring to is/was a random issue where there was no number pad to enter your pin. No way to unlock the phone except to cold boot it. I havent seen that yet on this build.

Badshah Raghu

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site

Turning on battery saver doesnot turn off navigation key lights in my LUMIA 930....Thus heavy battery drain....

Simoneale73#AC

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 830, just got 14295 and still get 0x803f7000 error when trying to install any apps from the store or update some apps (like WhatsApp etc)

At least my Band appears to be connected and working, though the Gadgets app doesn't show ANY of my Bluetooth connected devices being actually connected!!

newgamertag

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site

Installed this oh my 930 without any bugs or problems. Not sure I wanna try it on my 640xl though? Question is: Did anyone ever get an update since denim update2 that actually FIXED the camera recording video without sound on the 930?! Jesus! Beast camera but broken asf!

UnrealEllement

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site

I can't open Messaging app. It crashes as soon as I open it. I'm on build 14295 (Lumia 735). I've tried enable all permissions and disable, restart the phone, soft reset, uninstall Skype and nothing works. I can still send texts by going on someone's profile and chose Send SMS but I don't receive any messages. Please help, I don't want to do a hard reset because I did it before updating to the new build and I don't want to do it again.

shenandoah

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site

Folks,

I'm using a Lumia 640 dual sim. I noticed yesterday that 14291 was on my phone ready to install. Installed it, then 14295 was there. Installed that one next.

All I can say is this build is terrible. Wifi doesn't connect after powering off, i can't open Cellular & Sim (highlights and freezes), a couple apps freeze on the home screen and don't progress any further.

I have reset all the way back to 8.1 and upgraded twice with the same results each time. What a step back!

Going to see if there is a way to get to 10586.164.

Thanks.

Eric

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Folks,

I'm using a Lumia 640 dual sim. I noticed yesterday that 14291 was on my phone ready to install. Installed it, then 14295 was there. Installed that one next.

All I can say is this build is terrible. Wifi doesn't connect after powering off, i can't open Cellular & Sim (highlights and freezes), a couple apps freeze on the home screen and don't progress any further.

I have reset all the way back to 8.1 and upgraded twice with the same results each time. What a step back!

Thanks.

Eric

Restore phone with WPRT then enter in Insider SLOW or PRErelease ring, NOT FAST, so you got 10586.164

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Folks,

Thanks.

Eric

Redstone mobile is so bad I wouldn't even call it a Beta. I've been doing IT project management as a PMP for years, and frankly would have been canned for releasing poor quality ware for user testing...this situation is unthinkable. Bugs are one thing and acceptable, but non functioning major features like WiFi, among many other examples, are absolutely unacceptable. The reality is we are less than 1.2% of a market, and MS doesn't care about us or our software, which is likely what their Board of Directors advises (probably smart financial move).

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

This build is great for me on L640!

It fixed bugs with opening some apps from 14291.

Much better than 10586!

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site

I'm not sure why some L640/XL users are facing problems on this build. I'm using it on my 830, and let me tell you. It's faster than WP8.1, and 10586.164.

However, there are a few bugs that I've encountered, but I'm not sure if they are app-specific or not since some of them have gone away.

1) Sharing stuff (photos, documents, etc) via e-mail would cause the Outlook app to crash (fixed after the recent update to Outlook Mail & Calendar).
2) Watching YouTube vids through the 3rd party apps (myTube!, Perfect Tube, TubeCast, etc) is slower and sometimes doesn't even load at all, even after pre-loading it. It's fine through Edge though. Not sure if this is due to the app not being compatible with RedStone builds.
3) After taking photos with Rich-Capture, I can't edit the brightness of the photos. Everytime I press that icon when browsing the photos in the Photos app, it kept giving me an error "Something went wrong". Happened back when I installed 14291, and still does after updating the Camera and Photos app, and even after upgrading to 14295. I'm thinking that this is probably caused by saving the photos on my SD card instead of the phone storage. Haven't given that a try though, might try it soon.

Tbh, this build is really, really fast. I'm generally surprised by how fast it could resume background apps, especially WhatsApp (previously, it took about 2-3 seconds to resume the app from background. Now it took less than a second). No problem here for me.

Will post an update if any of the bugs I mentioned above are fixed.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Folks,

Eric

Same here, 950 dual sim.
Though not officially announced dual sim phones are practically non functional...
I just don't know... Did anyone in microsoft internal ring tested it in dual 640 or 950?
Is there anyone with a functional dual950?
Why this problem is not listed in the broken list?
I just unplugged my cards to be able to use wifi for posting!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo