W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

I'll probably be considering going back to slow. Groove music has been stable so far on Windows 10 but since this latest redstone build it closes randomly and sporadically and as a dancer, I cant have that.

rav4kar

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

TuneIn App ( May be any music streaming apps in that case) stops playing all of a sudden but Music control slider on Lock screen shows it's playing. I think there is something wrong with algorithm introduced in RS1 that increased numbers of active apps in the background, I guess,to 10.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

None on the above till now.
650, battery works from morning to night with normal use (including music reader)
Tried Groove this morning, on a 2h30m 280 MB mix, perfect. Music pause and play correctly,I have to try what happened in incoming call
Hours of MixCloud listening, just one shuffle problem, Windows keys dominate on app keys making somrtimes a mess, sent .
feedback

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 1520 + OS 14295 + MS wireless display adapter (1.3.8350) => no landscape mode (all portrait) in a wireless display

Last edited:

Arievl

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 830 Unlocked (Canada)

- Store bug: Will show me already updated apps like it needs to be updated again. Disappear/reappears once in a while. Deleted apps (Nokia Account, App Social, Photobeamer) will always reappears when looking for updates.
- Heavy battery drain. I had too hard reset the phone two times before getting an acceptable (yet not like pre-redstone). Before the first hard reset, the phone was getting pretty hot.
- Edge will crash once in a while.
(...)
- Untranslated text. Most in settings.ie. Update & security instead of Mise ? jour & S?curit?. Got the same problem in the desktop version.
(...)

Got those same issues on my Lumia 735.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Got those same issues on my Lumia 735.

DON't reset phone too much before it stops sync/updating: It's like a notebook in a perennial format circle. Ley it finish. It takes one or two days for stabylizin, and that's true. I and many others observed that "on the field " on many models

pharaohcious

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

As soon as I got this build installed my Lumia 640 went on a reboot frenzy. I started with taking the battery out, followed by a soft reset and then a hard reset when nothing else seemed to work. Even after the factory reset, the phone continues to reboot. Sometimes it will wait until I try to open an app. There were no issues like this until I updated.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

As soon as I got this build installed my Lumia 640 went on a reboot frenzy. I started with taking the battery out, followed by a soft reset and then a hard reset when nothing else seemed to work. Even after the factory reset, the phone continues to reboot. Sometimes it will wait until I try to open an app. There were no issues like this until I updated.

Boot it without charger first. Reboot loop was and old iussue of last 2015, very strange reading of it now

Athanville

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

14295 i cannot text on my 640XL had to switch back to my 930 on .164 until that issue is fixed. i think MS should get their game in order, i like to think i am a die hard but i think my patience is wearing thin.

swizzlerz

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site

patience... die hard... Then you must understand this is pre-release code. Bugs errors are expected. Go to slow ring if you want a more stable build. Expect fast release to destroy everything that is what it is meant to do.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

This build is very good for my 2 phones, for Lumia 920 and 1520. I did not even do a hard reset for either one (sometimes these preview builds need hard reset, to work properly) ... lumia 920 is snappy and with good idle battery life. Lumia 1520 has been very stable, also bluetooth (.164 lost sometimes bluetooth connection) ... both has good e-mail, messaging, Groove (log out if you have problem, to rebuild database), etc. ... a minor problem with camera app, with update and with wireless display, but this is my favour build so far.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

Half of the time my 640 screen won't respond to any input. Live tiles work all of the time, but don't respond to input half of the time. I'll wait to see of there are any more updates soon before I roll it back. What's strange is that the pulldown menu works fine and I can go into settings and everything there responds pretty much as it should. Weird. Definitely a big setback from the previous build but that's part of being an insider.

SurgeB94

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site

Screen flickers when watching a video fullscreen
bing lockscreen is broken
notifications don't appear in the action center.
clearing notifications shows the same notifications few hours later sometimes.
tiles like outlook mail don't update often like they did in .164
peoples tile doesn't show peoples profile images (sometimes)
new maps app is ugly as f*ck. Wheres the consistent "UWP apps" ms talks about..same style..features..etc.

somewhere I read said they added the android subsystem back into w10m in redstone...so I blame that piece of useless "ad"droid junk causing the problems if its true. they better not have shoved android crap back into it.we don't need ad filled android apps to fill the "app gap"

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

Redstone mobile is so bad I wouldn't even call it a Beta. I've been doing IT project management as a PMP for years, and frankly would have been canned for releasing poor quality ware for user testing...this situation is unthinkable. Bugs are one thing and acceptable, but non functioning major features like WiFi, among many other examples, are absolutely unacceptable. The reality is we are less than 1.2% of a market, and MS doesn't care about us or our software, which is likely what their Board of Directors advises (probably smart financial move).
I think your inaccurately jumping to the conclusion that the issues your seeing are widespread and affect everyone. That's simply not the case. Running perfectly fine on my 735. What your experiencing is the danger you face for being part of the insider program. I commend MS for making it available, and suggest either you don't understand the program or it simply isn't for you.

If I were in your shoes, fully understanding the program, I'd first try a hard reset. If that didn't resolve, then revert to previous build. In all cases providing feedback via the insider forums. This is the essence of the program!

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

950 XL Dual SIM US, Day 5. No issues to report. No repeat of the lockscreen bug. Battery life is good. Actually got a full day out of mine today. Band 2 still running without issue. I see a lot of the issues being posted but I am not experiencing them. Could be this build is better suited for the 950 series. I have not had to do a hard reset.

kish14all

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site

Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

My Phone is having some issues after upgrade to 14295 build, does anyone have an idea?
1. rebooting continuously
2. continuously saying SD card check even after formate also

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Can someone try to replicate this bug
Open Groove
Select a song and play
Lock the screen
Unlock the screen with the groove music forward/pause/rewind at the top
Select forward/next song
Does anyone screen start to flicker?
Using a Lumia 535 on 14295

Deivid Steffens

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

My phone is with this bug since I installed the first W10M build.
Sometimes when I unlock my phone, the brightness of the screen is too dark or too bright and to correct I have to lock and unlock.

Anyone else?

Vladimir Kiesner

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 830. Video playback is broken. Movies and TV start flickering right after volume key is pressed (in landscape). To stop this press wireless display button and return back. May be problem connected to WD bug? And volume control does not recognize media app, it starts tune ring volume.
And suddenly Candy Crush stopped working (loading and flow out), but it works a day after upgrade to this build... May be coincidence...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss