W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

marcox92

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

if you by a dock, there is a firmware option which is not available with this build ; wait for next; is it clear ?

ma678

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site

I am unable to download English (Canada) Speech Language Pack.
Groove is unable to sign in my account.
Nokia Here Drive doesn't load any more.
Apps that have already been updated reappear every time when I check update in Store.

My device is Lumia 640 LTE.

Ariman Amin

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
1.Apps always crash
2.Cortana can't listen to voice
3.Phone feels laggy
4.Screen sometimes doesn't light up even when pressing power/camera/volume button
5.Phone feels warm all the time.. Not so hot but i can confirm it's not like usual...

I should stay with 14291 :( smooth as silk

Last edited:

Darius_520

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 830 here.
I don't know if bug or a feature, but:
*when I turn battery saver the bottom buttons stay lit

Bug:
*I'm a heavy Baconit user, so this is annoying. When watching a video, turn on full screen and whenever you press the volume buttons, or touch the screen, the screen starts flickering, and I have to scroll down to remove that flickering.
*Also when scrolling throughout imgur album, it just randomly zooms in. It didn't do in updates before this.

As You Wish

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site

Hey guys ,
Here I installed the 14295.1000 on my L535 dual .
I have this problems :
* When I put the secend simcard into the phone , the Wi-Fi not connect fast and currectly , It says : No internet or Not available . When the wi-fi status changed to this , The cellular sim can't be enable and the phone freeze ( I should soft reset to fix it ) .
* We don't have the flash camera buttom in the Windows Camera feature list at the right . I can see only :
Change to the selfie camera
HDR
and where is my Flash ?
Note : The camera flash works well when I focus or Using the Camera 360 sight .
Another Note : I updated all apps from the store and I hard reset to times for fixing my problem but I still have that .

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Well the honeymoon is over. I just had the lock screen bug. Had to restart to log in.

solarscreen

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

This update is a hot mess on my 640 LTE. Basics work, ie... phone and messaging but Live Tiles are not updating, power drains quickly, apps resume is 5 seconds or more, three systems apps refuse to update regardless of storage settings, and overall not as stable or reliable as the previous. I hard reset three separate times and ran updates several times to be sure I had everything as updated as possible.

The Fast Ring can be a cruel task master! lol

pepsicocom

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

An easier workaround (hopefully temporary) for the lockscreen issue is to hit the back button. Hitting the back button returns the display to the locked position. If you then slide the the lock screen up to open it, the unlock keypad will appear. This works 100% of the time for me (950XL insider ring, 14295). It's much more convenient than restarting.

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

2. continuously saying SD card check even after formate also

Try moving your Apps from the SD Card > to the Device (you may have to do another scan, but should take care of this error messege).

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

My phone is with this bug since I installed the first W10M build.
Sometimes when I unlock my phone, the brightness of the screen is too dark or too bright and to correct I have to lock and unlock.

Anyone else?

Is your phone set to Auto Brightness?

deathmetal

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

This build was a total disaster on my 1520. Did the upgrade first (from .164), after it completed, I got SD card errors, and a message that not everything was upgraded correctly. Choosing either Yes or No on the fix SD errors dialog resulted in a phone reboot. I removed the SD card, and the phone would start, but every time I tried pulling down the action bar, it would reset. Shortly after it would boot, and as soon as it was unlocked, it would reboot, every single time.

Using the Recovery Tool, I flashed back to 8.1, reset and upgraded to .164. I formatted my SD card, and then upgraded to 14295. Same problem, again detected issues on (empty) SD card, constant reboot cycle.

Back to Recovery Tool, flashed to 8.1, upgraded to .164, and phone is running perfectly again. No Redstone for me it seems.

bigbmc26

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

Lumia 950
Windows Hello no longer works, it doesn't recognize my eyes at all. Even when I try to improve accuracy, green/yellow bar never starts.
Bing Images stopped working on my lock screen. It won't update over WiFi or cellular.
Still not downloading my backed up texts, this has been a problem since my last hard rest a month ago. No mater what build I use, text don't download :-(

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Try moving your Apps from the SD Card > to the Device (you may have to do another scan, but should take care of this error messege).

I still get this randomly and have no apps on the SD card. Only music.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

An easier workaround (hopefully temporary) for the lockscreen issue is to hit the back button. Hitting the back button returns the display to the locked position. If you then hit the power button to open the lock screen, the unlock keypad will appear. This works 100% of the time for me (950XL insider ring, 14295). It's much more convenient than restarting.

Thanks, I'll give this one a try. Other solutions posted haven't worked.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I still get this randomly and have no apps on the SD card. Only music.

Yes, I too get it on occasion, still; but now on a very, very rare occasion - and only when something on the SD Card seems to have gotten misaligned (an update, as of late). Back two builds ago, I could NOT get pass the Scan for errors message; every time I either rebooted, or tried to access my Hire-A-Ride App - which was so friggin frustrating, because that app was an integral part of my itinerary. After finally taking a cab (and a hosing) to the hotel, and 6 hrs trying to access the app and NOT getting past the Scan ofr Errors message, I finally broke down and called Microsoft, I spoke to a very knowledgeable and helpful young lady that directed me to remove the Apps from the SD Card, and put them on the Device. Problem Solved... exept for an occasional re-alignment :)

Anil Mandal

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site

Don`t you guys play video its starts blinking while playing video or youtube in full mode and hiding the physical button. this problem was begin from 14291 and stills in 14295

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Don`t you guys play video its starts blinking while playing video or youtube in full mode and hiding the physical button. this problem was begin from 14291 and stills in 14295

Nope oin my 650 (Gpu Adreno 302). Which phone? (may it's only on certain Gpu model)

WillBthr

May 8, 2015
Visit site

I (and a friend) had trouble with:
Outlook email - attachment - photo - click on photo to attach - both Photo and Outlook close.
Phot App Share - Pick Photo - Share - Outlook - Both Apps close.
Multiple attempts, reboot, alignment of stars and eventually it worked.
Edge is slow too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb