W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

solidus1983

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

Yep have this issue on L640 LTE, reported it via the feedback app along with a load of other bugs too.

pmcelreavy

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

When I put the secend simcard into the phone , the Wi-Fi not connect fast and currectly , It says : No internet or Not available . When the wi-fi status changed to this , The cellular sim can't be enable and the phone freeze ( I should soft reset to fix it ) .

I have this issue but even without the second simcard. It seems to happen in certain locations. My phone reboots a couple of times, then I can't connect to cellular data and Wi-Fi. The settings for the simcard freeze my phone. Hard/soft resets don't change anything. I just let the phone sit there and eventually it crashes, reboots and everything is back to normal.

I have an SD card. Only maps and music on it, no apps. I've never seen this before this build.

Raghunandana Alse

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Thanks, I'll give this one a try. Other solutions posted haven't worked.

The lock screen bug isn't random. This bug happens when you try to open any app notification from the action center after the screen gets locked. The workaround here is just to lock and unlock again or as mentioned by pepsicocom, hit back button and try again. I have been doing this since previous build and as my feedback app was crashing I asked one of my friends to post the bug.

wisedesi

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Bing lock screen wall paper not getting updated.
App don't stay in the background
pressing back button does not take you to previously opened app.
when playing FB video pressing volume up button changes volume for ringtone or Bluetooth and also pauses the video.
Many times Microsoft bing apps (news, sports.. stops working) have to reboot the phone to make it work. It will just get stuck on the circular time wait.
Cortana quits after speaking few words.

Did fix my band-1 syncing issues from previous build.

Raghunandana Alse

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

I know this ain't a bug but was curious if anyone has noticed the AnTuTu benchmark score has improved considerably in this build?

Previous Build:

wp_ss_20160311_0001.jpg

Current build:

wp_ss_20160328_0001.jpg

Prady Sabharwal1

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

There is issue with autorotate, it doesn't work at all, thanks to darth furious, here is workaround if auto rotate is not working

Put on rotation lock on. Turned off phone. Turned it back on and turned off rotation lock and now it works. Anyone else seeing this?

Raghunandana Alse

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

I guess your concept of "improved" is an app shouting random numers.... I saw the official ranking

It's just that the benchmark scores have improved, and is one of the many data points that contribute to the entire improvement of the code.I agree, there are still issues (for which we give the feedback). But this is just one of the data points. Considering the previous build, I am having better battery back-up, also the phone which used to heat up during edge usage, playing games etc has reduced in this build. Another thing that I observed is that, the last time I ran the benchmark tests, my phone heated up very bad, but that wasn't the case this time. Another problem I was having random bugs with both the SIMs turned on, which I am not seeing in the past days with the current build.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

I notice that many of the issues in this thread relate, predominately, to non release phones. I'm running a 950xl and haven't seen half the issues reported by users of previous generation devices. There's even a post where someone is slating MS for this build, without even considering the fact it's a preview. The dual sim issues have been around for the last couple of builds, and it was listed in the bugs report by Gabe.

All of those who created that their devices weren't being upgraded to 10, hopefully can see why now. If there are this many issues on 640's and the like, what would the future hold for them? I love the insider program, it some people, especially the one post cussing MS and stating that are trying his patience, should maybe sit down and read the large disclaimer before you click the button!

It's good to see all the 1520 and 640 brigade joining in, along with the other devices. Don't forget to log your feedback, and hopefully we won't have to wait ages for Redstone.

Just for the record. My only niggly bug is the Groove one reported here. Band has worked impeccably, as has Bluetooth headset. The rotation I worked out, but someone beat me to the thread. As a footnote, my battery goes all-day. As for the mention of Antutu, Mmmm, a pinch of salt is my response, plus, compared to the android app, it is lacking on here. I'm sure it just makes numbers up......

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

The lock screen bug isn't random. This bug happens when you try to open any app notification from the action center after the screen gets locked. The workaround here is just to lock and unlock again or as mentioned by pepsicocom, hit back button and try again. I have been doing this since previous build and as my feedback app was crashing I asked one of my friends to post the bug.

This is not my experience at all on my 950 XL. Going back into lock and trying to unlock again has no effect. It does happen to me randomly and does not occur when I am opening an app from the action center. It happens randomly when I take the phone out of my pocket and try to unlock it. Even after doing nothing for a period of time. I have had this bug since the first Redstone build however its happening much less now. Only once so far in 6 days.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

Some people have solved this by doing a chkdsk of the SD card on their PC. I had the same issue with my 630 on 8.1.

I did that, but it's still coming up on the phone that it needs a scan.

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site

Totally happened before I upgraded to 95. However, in this build my store is broke.

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site

Upgraded to this build twice on L640XL DS.
First time, whatapp got stuck on loading screen. Wanted to reinstall it, but store kept crashing after I uninstalled whatsapp. Also, battery drain was massive. drained 56% in 8 hours overnight - no user activity, on wifi, cellular data and 2nd SIM off. Phone also heated up a lot. Not notable performance gains.

Removed SD card, used WDRT to get back to 8.1. Removed as many third party apps as possible. Updated everything and upgraded to 10586.107. Everything went fine till I upgraded to 14295. Store started crashing again. Only app I installed in whatsapp. Most 3rd party and MSN apps were removed in 8.1 itself.

IMO, this build seems a bit too broken as a daily driver. Will revert to 8.1 again now and go to the slow/pre-release ring.

Also have a L430 and L435 that are not yet showing any visible problems like heating up and battery drain. But app crash at launch is more frequent than 10586.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

On Edge on the latest build it keeps reopening previously closed tabs when I open up Edge. (I close all open tabs before closing Edge)

When I reopen it there will be 3-6 tabs open when there should just be one "new tab" open.

Just started with this build, the prior build was fine. Lumia 1520.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

This is not my experience at all on my 950 XL. Going back into lock and trying to unlock again has no effect. It does happen to me randomly and does not occur when I am opening an app from the action center. It happens randomly when I take the phone out of my pocket and try to unlock it. Even after doing nothing for a period of time. I have had this bug since the first Redstone build however its happening much less now. Only once so far in 6 days.

FWIW, the lock screen bug may be related to a slight bug I am noticing. I do not have a pin set, but occasionally when i hit the power button no lock screen actually appears. I have to hit it two more times, 1 to 'lock' it again, and then again to actually show the lock screen...

It's mostly irrelevent to me, but might be effecting the lockscreen differently if it has a pin.

bglopez

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

640 XL - Printing option is available on Photos .14291 but is not there on .14295. Lockscreen problem as reported here earlier as well. And BTW is it too hard to have a custom homescreen on Edge? eg bing.com

unsterblich

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

I'm having issues with the Lock Screen on PIN entry getting to the near-freezing level. Also my store is basically broken, Check For Updates under the Downloads & Updates hangs forever. I'm seeing previously uninstalled apps again and all apps installed on the SD card are greyed out and labeled "Pending", but due to the store bugs, the apps are completely unusable. All of these are on my 640..

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Alarms app is a mess now...
Every time the alarm starts, it gets interrupted by some notifications (even the ones i already saw during the night). After that interruption the alarm gets turned off and snooze is out of the question. And i've been wondering why i overslept 3 times in the last week...
LAME!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos