W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

unuzerounu

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

Well I just updated, after having previously tried this build for a day, only to find it almost useless. Yeah it seems faster, but the severe battery drain, and the full screen video flicker issue were deal breakers.

So I updated again, to the same build, because of course I did. I switched feedback submitting from full to basic, because supposedly that fixes the battery drain. Then, it now appears, most videos played from the photo app DON'T flicker anymore. Well one did, but 4 others didn't. Edge video playback is fine, so is mytube.

So far... not to shabby... If I manage to get decent battery life I can live with that flicker until the next build.

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site

Anyone else has problem with mega app on this build? On 730 doesn't open also opera has problem

DetroitFrenzy

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

Lumia 1520 w/ 14295 build.....it's so bad I both my phone and I need a Valium!

Unable to attached photos to existing text messages. Dumps you back to the Home screen after you select photo(s). Work around is to start a new text.

Will no longer allow me to sync my Enterprise/Business O365 mail. Calendar and contacts work fine. When attempting to delete the O365 account so that it can be added back in, Mail crashes and bounces me back to the Home screen.

Can no longer launch Office O365 Admin app. App hangs even after deletion and reinstall.

When accessing calendar it no longer opens on the current date.

Apps close once exited. No longer have the ability to hold at the back arrow to navigate between apps.

Flashlight app will launch but no longer illuminates flash lamp.

Not able to setup Hot Spot.

What a freakin' mess.....

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else has problem with mega app on this build? On 730 doesn't open also opera has problem

Mega Privacy is OK, with Lumia 1520 + OS 14295

Try to reinstall it ... and for a lady above, try hard reset your cp (settings - system - about - restore), as you have way too many problems. My Lumia 1520 is working fine with this build ...

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site

tried 2-3 timers un/re install but nothing changed..mega is stuck on logo and opera just white

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I just upgraded to 14295 (in slow ring), and I'm thinking of doing a hard reset (even though I still haven't noticed anything that's broken).
What do you guys think, should i do it? It is a big jump to be honest, and my battery life hasn't been decent since 8.1.

Gaboromay

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

having some issues with Edge when watching videos from YouTube or other videos. If I pause it or forward it starts to blink.
Also Shazam stop working, it wont even open just instantly crashes.
other issue is that I couldnt download any speech language setting and couldn't use Cortana or dictate text.
Any advice?

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Just installed on my 930 (Stateside, international version, running on AT&T) I'll admit I'm a chicken. I always install on the 930 rather than my 950. In any case, imagine my surprise when everything I have tried so far has worked, even "Hey Cortana". I did retrain "Hey Cortana", but it seems to be working like a charm, even from a locked phone. Since I haven't played with the build for that long, I am sure I will find glitches, but, hey that's why we install the insider builds. We don't expect them to be perfect...do we?

brian770

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

Mega Privacy is OK, with Lumia 1520 + OS 14295

Try to reinstall it ... and for a lady above, try hard reset your cp (settings - system - about - restore), as you have way too many problems. My Lumia 1520 is working fine with this build ...
my only problem is that the alarm is VERY quiet on my 1520, i can attach pics to text no problem, just need my alarm to work.

unuzerounu

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site

Just wanna say this. Once I changed to only sending basic diagnostic and usage data (as opposed to the previous settings of enhanced, or full), battery life seems to be excellent on my 735. On idle for about 2 hours plus some quick facebook and browsing and I only lost 2%.

wp_ss_20160331_0001.png

The flicker issue still persists though.

Henrik Rant

May 16, 2014
Visit site

On a 950XL (dual sim) & find 14295 have fixed one core issue for me (connecting my band 2), but it's re-introduced an issue with Speech Language that - despite all regional, language & keyboard setting set to English (US) - i can't download English (US) as speech language. Despite trying a couple of hard/soft resets I only see "error downloading"! No Cortana for me at the moment

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

I've tried 14295 on Fast Ring when it's released, Hell lotta bugs, The Wi-Fi, Screen Flickering, Glance screen isn't working a lot to mention. I'll be updating my phone when this update gets fixed the major issues.

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Just wanna say this. Once I changed to only sending basic diagnostic and usage data (as opposed to the previous settings of enhanced, or full), battery life seems to be excellent on my 735. On idle for about 2 hours plus some quick facebook and browsing and I only lost 2%.

View attachment 124516

The flicker issue still persists though.

So this is a life saver?

crabby2004

May 29, 2014
Visit site

I've found unless you do it before trying to set Cortana up it gets stuck in a loop... so hard reset, don't use Cortana in initial setup, grab the insider app and select your ring, reboot, check for updates, setup Cortana, grab the language pack.

Charliefr3sh

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site

Just realized that videos that I have manually moved from the "Videos" folder in the intenal storage to the SD card still appear in the folder, albeit all are 0KB in size. I've deleted them numerous times but they still come back after I reboot the phone!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Just realized that videos that I have manually moved from the "Videos" folder in the intenal storage to the SD card still appear in the folder, albeit all are 0KB in size. I've deleted them numerous times but they still come back after I reboot the phone!

Did you disabled video upload in OneDrive, and Show item only on OneDrive in Photos?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte