W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

Is it mentioned anywhere, that they have "added vibrate phone when call is answered feature" and "remind me option when someone is calling us"?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Is it mentioned anywhere, that they have "added vibrate phone when call is answered feature" and "remind me option when someone is calling us"?

The first is in Phone or SIM settings, the 2nd are you talking about Cortana lost call reminder on pc/notebook? That's in Cortana settings

tkvapil

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

I have had to install temporary Messaging Skype Preview. It works and I can send and receive SMS now. (uff. I am happy I didn't need to make hard reset). :)

I had the problem with Store yesterday too. Most of apps were "updated" multiple times.

Florentin78

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

I have also lots of issues with 950 dualsim.
sometimes the phone just freezes, waits for some seconds and then restarts by itself.
It happened when:
- I used Edge (multiple tabs open)
- Loading photos (albums) in my facebook ap
- Just switching between apps

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

sometimes the phone just freezes, waits for some seconds and then restarts by itself.
It happened when:

Did you try with only sim1 inside?

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

The first is in Phone or SIM settings, the 2nd are you talking about Cortana lost call reminder on pc/notebook? That's in Cortana settings

Yeah i know where the settings are. Thank you by the way. But i just want to know if this change log is mentioned anywhere or did they released silently?

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

It happened when:

Even after closing all tabs,Edge still remembers my last closed tab and its not closed.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Yeah i know where the settings are. Thank you by the way. But i just want to know if this change log is mentioned anywhere or did they released silently?

Ah the changelog... I remember the Vibe when called answer since 8.1 denim, and the Cortana memo was introduced some months ago on desktop with the Threshold 1511 Upgrade and announced there, if I remember well......

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

• Store still not working.
  • Apps are crashing left and right.
  • Can't attach anything to messages
  • The "share" icon in the photos app is completely unresponsive.
  • Trying to switch from one app to another causes the app I am leaving to simply close.
  • Trying to go back one page in a search from cortana takes me automatically back to the beginning where cortana is opened and waiting for a search rather than simply to the previous page.

These all are new issues for me. Not sure why they are happening, but they are certainly frustrating.

RPF75

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Ditto for me Jwinch2....on everything on your list. This build is a clusterf**k. But hey! At least my automatic quiet hours is finally working again ;)
Lumia 735

Simoneale73#AC

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Seem to have to 'Soft Reset' every morning at the moment...

Notifications sketchy,
Text Messages come in when they want,
Cortana and Bluetooth (nuff said)
Glance works for about 12 hours then not,
Screen Rotate works for about 12 hours then not...

After a Soft rest it all seems to work for another 12 hours!!!

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

Woa what a mess for you guys, not having any of your problems on 950. Only thing I noticed is the Store sometimes shows the same app more than once in the update list. Maybe it's because I've hard reset to have my Band working? Have you hard reset?

mpjones

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

Twitter is no longer supporting the people hub, since the twitter update, not the os update.

Fabian Rangel

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Got it on L535

- Gadgets app doesn't work: Can't recognize wired or bluetooth connected devices
- LED flash doesn?t work properly on camera app, can't control it
- Some of the apps doesn't appear on "All Apps" list
- store shows a lot of app updates already installed
- Mixed languages on settings and apps. like a Spanglish thing

After all, runs really smoothly and faster

jeff92k7

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

This build has practically bricked my 1520. When it works, it only works for a few minutes before the WiFi shuts itself off. Cellular data doesn't seem to work consistently. Automatic screen brightness doesn't work at all, many apps no longer work (won't even open). In many cases the touch screen just stops responding altogether. The only thing I can do is a soft reset which might buy me another 15 minutes.

I'm in the process of restoring my phone using the device recovery tool (which annoyingly took the phone all the way back to 8.1). Now I'm trying to get w10 again through the production preview build instead of the slow ring that downloaded this horrible, crappy update before. Hopefully the production ring doesn't have this god awful software yet.

There have been many MANY times since this installed a couple days ago that I have considered taking a hammer to my phone, throwing it off a very high cliff, or just taking the sim card out and buying a new iPhone to hold it. Congratulations Microsoft...you are succeeding in pushing me back to iPhone. If you can't get this garbage fixed soon, I will be doing that.

Kar98

May 29, 2014
Visit site

This build installed on my phone this morning and it's been rebooting every 5 minutes since then. Not sure yet if I'm gonna reset, or recover...

PS: well, I guess I'm gonna use the recover tool, because settings/about/reset/yes does nothing.

PPS: oh good! I didn't realize MS/T-Mo didn't release WM10 for the 640 LTE yet.

Reset with the recovery tool, enrolled in release ring. All good now with 586 built, except the offline maps location setting is fuxed. Something happened, try again later! Can't change location, delete or do anything in that setting. FFS, MS, get your sh*t together! This built of 10 is just about the worse than the first ones.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Today DInamic Theme started slowing phone, I guess for Bing images delay, luckly I found the defective app before going upset and reset :)

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

1 - it depends of app. The Win10 version don't do that. Whatsapp even (it closed always when tapping back, before). Are you sure you got last version? Every app stays on back, except the 8.1 ones

Strange only s400 platform got video iussue

Edge and Tweetium definitely disappear from the multitasking menu on 14295, and those are two of my most used apps.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Ditto for me Jwinch2....on everything on your list. This build is a clusterf**k. But hey! At least my automatic quiet hours is finally working again ;)
Lumia 735

No kidding.

I also forgot that I am getting no text message notifications, either on the live tile, via the toast notifications, in the notification center, or auditory. I have to periodically check the message app to see if anyone has texted me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb