W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

saransh sharma7

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

Lot's of problems in latest build in lumia 640 dual.
1.When connect to cellular data phone was freeze.
2. When play video in any player screen is fluctuate.
3. Some time phone restart lots of time
4. Store is not working properly some time app is re-downloading.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

Lot's of problems in latest build in lumia 640 dual.
1.When connect to cellular data phone was freeze.
2. When play video in any player screen is fluctuate.
3. Some time phone restart lots of time
4. Store is not working properly some time app is re-downloading.
try factory reset.

ULinSL

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

When setting alarms, the live tile updates much faster in this build. I've had some app crashes and some live tiles are taking minutes or even hours to update(Telegram), but everything is faster and battery feels about the same as .164

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Beaker455

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

I went from 8.1 to this latest build on my 640 yesterday and am living it. I had to hard reset after the upgrade to fix a few issues, like contacts not showing, but once that was done it's been flawless. I'm really impressed so far.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site

still more tweaks and fixes to come. Not the last and with each iteration it will be better. Compare the first w10m build to 14295!!! 14295 is not the last and as w10 is the last OS as reported, there will be constant updates for improved performance and features, so just bare with it for now and you'll be rewarded.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

still more tweaks and fixes to come. Not the last and with each iteration it will be better. Compare the first w10m build to 14295!!! 14295 is not the last and as w10 is the last OS as reported, there will be constant updates for improved performance and features, so just bare with it for now and you'll be rewarded.

I don't think anyone doubts that it will get better. The issue, at least on my end, is when a new version of the OS comes out, we don't expect things which worked well in previous iterations to suddenly stop working. In particular, this is true for very basic functions like messaging, emails, etc. Phones have been attaching pictures to e-mails for quite some time now, and notification of a text is about as basic as you can get. It's hard to understand how, in trying to improve the OS and bring new features, those things suddenly stop working.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I don't think anyone doubts that it will get better. The issue, at least on my end, is when a new version of the OS comes out, we don't expect things which worked well in previous iterations to suddenly stop working. In particular, this is true for very basic functions like messaging, emails, etc. Phones have been attaching pictures to e-mails for quite some time now, and notification of a text is about as basic as you can get. It's hard to understand how, in trying to improve the OS and bring new features, those things suddenly stop working.

jwinch2, I have to agree with you, and find it frustrating. I also think that the "adjustments" which seem to be backward in momentum, is the fallout in MS's effort to get ALL devices on the same page. The reason I think this is because I see some of the same, and some entirely unique, idiosyncrasies on my other Windows 10 Devices at times; my Surface Pro 3, my Notebook, my Ultrabook, and my Desktop, are ALL having growing pains in some way or another - none of which are on the Insider Program.

Hopefully the metamorphoses will prove to be well worth these growing pains.

GKun

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

This build crashes the LINE app on my 1520. Appp logo appears briefly then back to main screen.
Soft resetted twice, no change.
Any suggestion welcome!

Prodip Saha

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site

Thank you, Mark Kaplan. I left annoying message in another forum about 14295 build as many things were not working after the upgrade. Then, I saw your post on soft reset and app update. I did soft reset many times but it did not make any difference. Went to store app and it would not open! So, I rebooted twice and it finally came up. Thereafter, I was able to see some apps needing update and those are the ones I was having problem with. Updated all of them once. Rebooted. Updated them again. Rebooted again. Finally, things seems to be normal.

I am using Lumia 1520 and my outlook, messaging, OneDrive, etc. where either crashing or not functioning correctly.

Again, thanks for the tips.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Just installed this build. No issues with my Band 2. I reconnected the existing BT connection without issue. 950 XL Dual SIM US. I'm hoping the lockscreen bug is resolved although it was never officially acknowledged.

I turned off all sign-in options (Retina or Pin) and never gets stuck...not the best having to dump features, but at least can unlock my 950xl

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm unable to find this update for my Lumia 1020 :unhappy:

That's only for Win10 eligible phones. As wrote on official Win10 release note, non-upgradable phones stop at Threshold 10586 build (and its cumulative updates if released)

GKun

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

Thank you, Mark Kaplan. I left annoying message in another forum about 14295 build as many things were not working after the upgrade. Then, I saw your post on soft reset and app update. I did soft reset many times but it did not make any difference. Went to store app and it would not open! So, I rebooted twice and it finally came up. Thereafter, I was able to see some apps needing update and those are the ones I was having problem with. Updated all of them once. Rebooted. Updated them again. Rebooted again. Finally, things seems to be normal.

I am using Lumia 1520 and my outlook, messaging, OneDrive, etc. where either crashing or not functioning correctly.

Again, thanks for the tips.

Hi Prodip, would you mind sharing the exact steps you took? Thanks!
Guillaume

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

go back to 8.1, install the windows 10 adviser app then update that should take u to .166, i tried it and it worked for me on L53

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Ok first when i installed Redstone through Insider, it was a failure, full of bugs and i had to Roll back to Windows 8.1 and installed Windows 10 on Production Ring which has no bugs, and today i installed the Redstone again through Slow Ring, i was impressed its very stable on my Lumia 640 LTE, only one issue remaining is Wi-Fi not connecting automatically, and takes few steps to Connect to any connection. Otherwise Redstone build is fine, even when i type it's smooth, and not even failing to write anywords.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Getting better. But swiping back and forth to All Apps from Start has tooo long of a delay on 950xl. I compares with 6S which is so.fluid and smooth

Last edited:

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Hmm 950XL.... Shouldn't be a problem. Anyway Facebook, and messengers are so stable on This build, almost same performance on iPhone 5S or better. Only issue I'm facing is Wi-fi is not connecting automatically and some minor bugs, hope microsoft will fix it asap.

Kar98

May 29, 2014
Visit site

Eff it, I'm out. Back to 8.1 and will remain there. There's only so much pain I can take.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos