W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

For what it's worth, I went back to the production W10M build on my Lumia 830. The process was basically:

1. Windows Device Recovery Tool to restore Windows Phone 8.1. Wait for install to finish.
2. Install Windows Insider App and Enroll in the Insider Release Preview Ring
3. Upgrade to .107
4. When finished, upgrade to .164
5. Hard reset .164 to get settings, etc. back
6. Wait for 80+ updates to install
7. Uninstall Crapware

This took most of Saturday.

Gabe Aul's comments were a little flippant in regards to this build. He basically said having something bug-free isn't guaranteed. I think we'd all agree that this build is a mess. I don't think it should have ever been pushed to the slow ring. This is fast ring at best.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Garmin StreetPilot has decided that I don't own the $30 premium version after the redstone update, while the store shows that I do. Now what? Uninstall/reinstall?

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Garmin StreetPilot has decided that I don't own the $30 premium version after the redstone update, while the store shows that I do. Now what? Uninstall/reinstall?

I had several apps do the same thing. On some I just hit the in app purchase link and it said I owned it already. On others I uninstalled and reinstalled and all is well now.

RPF75

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Used device recovery to go back to 8.1 then production 10 from there. much better

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I had several apps do the same thing. On some I just hit the in app purchase link and it said I owned it already. On others I uninstalled and reinstalled and all is well now.
Well, tried it, no luck. It doesn't seem to recognize the license. :(

Edit: after a few restarts (relayed to other apps locking up..) it seems StreetPilot was able to check the license server after all. Weird.

Same thing with MoliPlayer, also lost the license and required a reinstall. Annoying, because you only find out exactly when you need to use the app. For example during a long flight...

Last edited:

Bob Hanson

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

I'm going back to Win 8.1 and then prod 10. This is the first slow ring release that has made my phone unusable. Apps were not starting. Apparently lost my windows account which caused People to be empty and that caused messaging to crash every time I tried to start it. But even after getting that synced properly my phone (640 LTE) is randomly rebooting.

Jeffersonkip

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site

The Build also performed poorly on my Lumia 535 phone. the network settings isn't accessible, launching it causes the phone to freeze and i couldn't receive messages either. Turning on Cellular Data from Notifications doesn't work . Battery drain is very random.
The only workaround i used is taking out one sim cards and it works fine.
I guess this build wasn't for dual sim phones

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Somehow this crap build ended up on my phone despite exiting insider program & opting for production!!! Now my WiFi doesn't work, always connects, says "no internet" and am receiving sporadic notifications, missing many of them unless I manually check my apps.

I suppose, I'm not getting notifications because once WiFi goes to "no internet" it doesn't fall back to mobile data even though it's also on. Nothing is wrong with the WiFi or connection, it is this trash of a build!

Lumia 830.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm going back to Win 8.1 and then prod 10. This is the first slow ring release that has made my phone unusable. Apps were not starting. Apparently lost my windows account which caused People to be empty and that caused messaging to crash every time I tried to start it. But even after getting that synced properly my phone (640 LTE) is randomly rebooting.

Go to Settings, Storage, and move all your SD apps to phone temporarly

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I don't have an SD card installed so that couldn't have been the issue. But thanks for the suggestion.

Build works well on 640 according to forum. Fist insert account credentials, People will populate in hours (live tile too). Apps not opening means Store didn't still update them. Check download list, you'll find a lot of pendings

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Yesterday while in airplane mode Outlook crashed to the start screen simply while I was typing a message. Earlier while still online I had the 'send' arrow go grayed out, so I couldn't send until I restarted the phone. Not great for a slow ring release.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Yesterday while in airplane mode Outlook crashed to the start screen simply while I was typing a message. Earlier while still online I had the 'send' arrow go grayed out, so I couldn't send until I restarted the phone. Not great for a slow ring release.

Outlook got antoher update

robnhl

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm going from one Verizon SIM to another. This should work fine. Every other device I have handles this fine. Other Windows Mobile devices have worked fine in the past.

Neil McDougall

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site

I am experiencing the very same. I was skeptical in updating it, but to be honest, Windows 10.10586.071 had already screwed it up where I can't charge using USB or connect to a PC. So I now have a new issue, phone keeps rebooting, and each time I try open certain applications, then phone just restarts. I can't go back to Windows 8.1 update 2, and now I can't go back to 10.10586.164 which for me was the most stable of the Windows 10 versions. Once this phone stops working, I plan to go back Android, though I really was enjoying my Windows phone, till Windows insider preview. My fault overall, but, I lose off Microsoft.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

OK, this is getting ridiculous. They pushed this update to the slow ring also, which it is nowhere near ready for. I can hardly do squat with my phone right now, and being on the fast ring, I expect some of that from time to time. However, on the slow ring, things really should not be this unstable. So now, my wife's phone is going to be jacked as well. F. I really hope MSFT pushes an update soon to address some of these issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12