W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

Not having any of the above issues. The only 2 is no option for flash in the camera app (fixed on autoflash no option to turn it on off) and when using Groove music and the screen is locked, selecting the next song makes the screen flicker. Lumia 535

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Finally got the redstone build to go pst the setup, now when ever I try to switch on Data the phone freezes. only option is to restart. messages get delivered sometimes, and sometimes they wait till I restart the phone. entire thing is buggy for me. left it and for the moment managing with only calls. NO DAT when I'm out of WiFi

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Finally got the redstone build to go pst the setup, now when ever I try to switch on Data the phone freezes. only option is to restart. messages get delivered sometimes, and sometimes they wait till I restart the phone. entire thing is buggy for me. left it and for the moment managing with only calls. NO DAT when I'm out of WiFi

Check Internet APN settings, I bet you lost them. Without APN, you phone can't use data carrier

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Hey Maurizio Troso, I cannot check anything as the phone freeze as soon as i touch the Cellular & SIM settings, Also another thing I discovered is that, My messages, whatsapp everything freeze and will not work as long as I got the SD card in. This is all after a hard reset. I'm hard resetting my phone again to see if things will get fixed this time. if not it's good old 8.1.

I know insider builds are for testing, but the Slow ring is for stable releases, but this damn thing got basic functions broken.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Hey Maurizio Troso, I cannot check anything as the phone freeze as soon as i touch the Cellular & SIM settings, Also another thing I discovered is that, My messages, whatsapp everything freeze and will not work as long as I got the SD card in. This is all after a hard reset. I'm hard resetting my phone again to see if things will get fixed this time. if not it's good old 8.1.

I know insider builds are for testing, but the Slow ring is for stable releases, but this damn thing got basic functions broken.

On most 640 in forum Redstone works perfectly. Others had resolved after an hard reset
Maybe better you go back to official 10586.164, there's something going wrong during setup.

EDIT: please quote me, or I cannot see your answers

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

On most 640 in forum Redstone works perfectly. Others had resolved after an hard reset
Maybe better you go back to official 10586.164, there's something going wrong during setup.

EDIT: please quote me, or I cannot see your answers

hey thanks. I did another hard reset, the messaging works sometimes, not the other. Going back to 8.1 & then the production build. May be it's with the dual SIM phones?? this didn't go well for me.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

hey thanks. I did another hard reset, the messaging works sometimes, not the other. Going back to 8.1 & then the production build. May be it's with the dual SIM phones?? this didn't go well for me.

A lot of DS worked well only with sim1 inserted, but most are 950 DS.... Have a try

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

the slow ring is NOT for stable releases. it's still an Insider build. if you want stable you have to use 10586.xxx

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Has wp10 been released officially? If so how do i get it im currently on insider
Yes
you have to downgrade to 8.1
then install upgrade advisor app from store
run and it will check your phone for updates
then it will update to 10 if available for your phone

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

the slow ring is NOT for stable releases. it's still an Insider build. if you want stable you have to use 10586.xxx
I totally understand your point, Slow Ring as it is described in the selection menu, is a build that comes out when it has been tested in the fast ring and has fewer bugs. fewer bugs doesn't mean you got your basic functions like cellular data, messaging apps broken out of the box. We can pull our hair all day long arguing on this, but this is where I stand about the latest redstone on slowring.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I totally understand your point, Slow Ring as it is described in the selection menu, is a build that comes out when it has been tested in the fast ring and has fewer bugs. fewer bugs doesn't mean you got your basic functions like cellular data, messaging apps broken out of the box. We can pull our hair all day long arguing on this, but this is where I stand about the latest redstone on slowring.
Agreed. Anyone running Redstone, especially if they hacked it onto a device that it wasn't intended for, really has no business complaining about bugs and instability. You want stability, stay on the production builds.

You're running something with major changes in the core still three months before scheduled release. Of course some higher level things like apps and UI are going to have some issues, and you can fully expect some of them to stay broken until those core changes are all completed.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Slow Ring as it is described in the selection menu, is a build that comes out when it has been tested in the fast ring and has fewer bugs
Kind of. If a particular 'fast build' has too many bugs they don't send it down to the slow ring. If a build is deemed stable enough to move on to the slow ring though it doesn't actually get any new bug fixes, it's the same build but it has been tested to be reasonably safe by many users. The slow ring just protects you from particularly bad fast builds, which never make it to slow.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Until the venom of this build hit you, you will not understand why people give negative comments about the build. I have really suffered today On the camera app. The camera app keeps flicking like agama lizard while recording such an important event. And yet you receive a prompt "are you enjoying this app, rate ......" I rest my case. Microsoft please release a new build and solve these bugs.

Last edited:

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

Until the venom of this build hit you, you will not understand why people give negative comments about the build. I have really suffered today On the camera app. The camera app keeps flicking like agama lizard while recording such an important event. And yet you receive a prompt "are you enjoying this app, rate ......" I rest my case. Microsoft please release a new build and solve this bugs.
Yeah, this is easily the buggiest build they've released in a long time.

Glance has now stopped working on my 1520.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Until the venom of this build hit you, you will not understand why people give negative comments about the build. I have really suffered today On the camera app. The camera app keeps flicking like agama lizard while recording such an important event. And yet you receive a prompt "are you enjoying this app, rate ......" I rest my case. Microsoft please release a new build and solve these bugs.

I've noticed that on my 1520 when recording videos. I had to disable "Digital Video Stabilization" and everything works as expected now.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Battery performance is very poor on L535, it hardly last for 12-14 hours. Found an other issue, there's no flash control option in camera app, or maybe I'm missing something.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Agreed. Anyone running Redstone, especially if they hacked it onto a device that it wasn't intended for, really has no business complaining about bugs and instability. You want stability, stay on the production builds.

I have to disagree here, As the redstone build is officially released to another list of phones which didn't ship with W10m. My device is in the list.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Yes
you have to downgrade to 8.1
then install upgrade advisor app from store
run and it will check your phone for updates
then it will update to 10 if available for your phone

I understood it to be an official build and not an insider version.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have to disagree here, As the redstone build is officially released to another list of phones which didn't ship with W10m. My device is in the list.
Device not intended ≠ official list (including WP8.1 eligible phones)

Regardless whether your device is supported or not one should first understand that these are pre release builds and will be buggy. IMO no one should complain :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire