[Solved]: Unable to Install Windows 10 after downgrading to Windows 8.1

Fahadg

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I was using W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 on my Lumia 430 and it was working perfect. I upgraded my phone to W10M Insider Preview 14295 which had many issues so I installed Windows 8.1 through Windows Device recovery tool. Now i want to upgrade to W10M Insider Preview 10586.164. With a lot of difficulties I was able to download Windows Insider from Store and than I joined Release Preview build and started updating to Windows 10 from my WiFi connection, when update reached 54%, it suddenly dropped to 6% and after some time gave error that you need to be on WiFi to download updates ( I am downloading updates through WiFi connection). I am facing connectivity problem on WIFi as well, it is taking many attempts to connect to WiFi connection on Windows 8.1, it was working perfect on W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 previously.

I have done hard reset and after tat done same things for updating to Windows 10 but same thing happened to me again this time. I don't know what to do now. please help me.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unable to Install Windows 10 after downgrading to Windows 8.1

I was using W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 on my Lumia 430 and it was working perfect. I upgraded my phone to W10M Insider Preview 14295 which had many issues so I installed Windows 8.1 through Windows Device recovery tool. Now i want to upgrade to W10M Insider Preview 10586.164. With a lot of difficulties I was able to download Windows Insider from Store and than I joined Release Preview build and started updating to Windows 10 from my WiFi connection, when update reached 54%, it suddenly dropped to 6% and after some time gave error that you need to be on WiFi to download updates ( I am downloading updates through WiFi connection). I am facing connectivity problem on WIFi as well, it is taking many attempts to connect to WiFi connection on Windows 8.1, it was working perfect on W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 previously.

I have done hard reset and after tat done same things for updating to Windows 10 but same thing happened to me again this time. I don't know what to do now. please help me.

Try rebooting your router, then delete all saved wifi connection in your phone, and pair again to router.
And retry

JelenaJela

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I also have problems with my Lumia 535 after downgrading to Windows 8.1. My phone was on 14295 and had a lot of issues. So, I tried to get it back to .164 over Windows Insider app. Went to Release Ring, and there wasn't any upgrade after that. I tried it for couple of times, but I had to go to 8.1 over Recovery Tool.

I downloaded Windows Insider again, and chose Release Ring. Now I'm on .107, and I can't get to that second step - upgrade to .164. It says that there's an upgrade to 164, but, when I do that, it stays on 107. It's in Windows OS information in settings. Always the same.
My phone worked the best on .164 version.

I would appreciate if somebody could help me and give me an advice. Thank you in advance!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I also have problems with my Lumia 535 after downgrading to Windows 8.1. My phone was on 14295 and had a lot of issues. So, I tried to get it back to .164 over Windows Insider app. Went to Release Ring, and there wasn't any upgrade after that. I tried it for couple of times, but I had to go to 8.1 over Recovery Tool.

I downloaded Windows Insider again, and chose Release Ring. Now I'm on .107, and I can't get to that second step - upgrade to .164. It says that there's an upgrade to 164, but, when I do that, it stays on 107. It's in Windows OS information in settings. Always the same.
My phone worked the best on .164 version.

I would appreciate if somebody could help me and give me an advice. Thank you in advance!

Change to Production Ring, and tell us what message you got

JelenaJela

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Change to Production Ring, and tell us what message you got

Mauriciooo!!! Success! ☺ I finally could go further to .164! Suddenly, it just worked out!

I never got any error code, or something like that. It was just nothing going on... I would go to upgrade in settings, it would do it (with no backing up) and after that process of downloading (sometimes it would even skip those two gears process), same .107 version would still be there. Settings like it was before install (even start screen looks).

In the evening, I finally got my precious .164. I was probably too boring to my phone, so it was like: "Oh, ok, I'll give you the version you want, just leave me alone"! 😁

Thank you for offering me help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa