05-08-2016 04:21 AM
57 123
tools
    There's still no clear explanation around this, unfortunately.. And no guarantee that if you hard reset again that you get your TXTs back. I've got 3 total phones with Prod and insider W10M builds. None of them have my old messages.
    Allen Rhodes likes this.
    04-24-2016 10:27 PM
    You see that's the problem I think. With WP, we had a history sync. ON W10M, we have a "across devices" sync. It seems to mean that the messages are synced between existing devices, not from "history". For instance, I know there's a thread of discussion I've received when the 640 was my main device. I know it's saved, I've seen in Messaging (PC) using the search trick (when it used to work). But because of my many experiments, including wiping the SMS list to trigger a fresh start, I don't have them on my active devices. The 535 has caught up WITH my 950, not with the saved history. And that's not even true, as some messages I have on my 950 are missing on the 535. But I haven't received on the 535 old messages I wouldn't have on my 950.

History became device sync and now it's history&sync. So I wonder if the problem is not linked to that unability to choose between restoring full history and just symcing between devices.

What a mess. A not a word of excuse or recognition of these issues by Microsoft, after 6 months.
    GrayW0lf likes this.
    04-25-2016 12:38 AM
    What a mess. A not a word of excuse or recognition of these issues by Microsoft, after 6 months.
    This is precisely my "problem" with this. I don't mind being a Guinea Pig but the communication blackout is frustrating/aggravating. Feedback from hundreds of folks has clearly hit the hub but not a peep on any public forum for almost two or more months now on the topic.
    xandros9 and Joe920 like this.
    04-25-2016 10:01 AM
    It's weird - the messaging app on my pc has restored all my sms/mms up to the date when I performed the factory reset on my phone. All messages after that are on my phone only.

It's as though the phone not only cannot restore from the server, but it's also unable to upload to it.
    04-27-2016 07:19 AM
    It's weird - the messaging app on my pc has restored all my sms/mms up to the date when I performed the factory reset on my phone. All messages after that are on my phone only.
    Are you referring to the "Windows Phone Message Backup" app or you Messaging app on the PC in Production/Redstone?

I recently tried the "Windows Phone Message Backup" app and it downloaded everything until I had my Lumia 950. 27th Nov. However I have had messages sync up till Feb between my 950 and my older phones also running W10M. I just want to know is my stuff being backed up. Not having it restore right now is one thing but as long as everything is safe.
    04-28-2016 05:22 AM
    My messages are starting to slowly come back now. Changed my settings from all time to last month back to all time and they are syncing now. Hopefully I get them all back.
    04-30-2016 05:15 PM
    Mine have started to come back as well, but with obvious gaps, even in a 2 SMS-long conversation :/
    05-08-2016 04:21 AM
57 123