SMS/MMS sync server

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
No...5 hard resets and counting....#@!!@!

I used "Windows Phone Message Backup" on my Windows 10 PC and it pulled the texts down immediately, although it did stop at 10/30/2015. Yet nothing on the 950XL!

Last edited:

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Contacts and message backup would work great had I used it, lol. My issue with it is if you use it in conjunction with the MS sync, it tends to duplicate messages.

Temujin Morgan

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had my 2nd phone sync messages since Feb 7th. Tried numerous resets with various builds etc. Even tried fresh installs and restores. Not a single message from any date has downloaded since issue.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
If its a temporary server issue, does that mean that all the SMS/MMS that we received since sync stopped working will not be backed up?

When happened on december, after fixing on late january everyone received all sms, but someone lost some december week.
So I can't give you an answer. For now, a regular SD backup with Contacts+Messages Backup it's a nice workaround, especially before updating phone (so you don't loose anything if something gone wrong)

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
And in the meanwhile, you can upvote my feedback here: windows-feedback:?contextid=274&feedbackid=d6da5742-78cc-44b6-b492-700ff8ef9044&form=2&src=1

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
When happened on december, after fixing on late january everyone received all sms, but someone lost some december week.
So I can't give you an answer. For now, a regular SD backup with Contacts+Messages Backup it's a nice workaround, especially before updating phone (so you don't loose anything if something gone wrong)

My older phone L925 (with all the old SMS) does not have SD card slot, so I cant move them like that to my L640. I tried to Contacts+Messages backup to documents and then upload backup files to one drive, but Contacts+Messages restore doesnot see this as valid location/backup. Is there workaround for my setup?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My older phone L925 (with all the old SMS) does not have SD card slot, so I cant move them like that to my L640. I tried to Contacts+Messages backup to documents and then upload backup files to one drive, but Contacts+Messages restore doesnot see this as valid location/backup. Is there workaround for my setup?

Try using Transfer my Data, it moves contacts and sms between phones via bluetooth

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Try using Transfer my Data, it moves contacts and sms between phones via bluetooth

Transfer my Data is crashing (not starting) on my L640 with 14322. On L925 with 10586.218 is working OK and can transfer new SMS from L640. I tried soft reset and reinstalled app few times, still the same.
Anyone have issues with transfer my data on latest Redstone build? Any resolutions?

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Transfer my Data is crashing (not starting) on my L640 with 14322. On L925 with 10586.218 is working OK and can transfer new SMS from L640. I tried soft reset and reinstalled app few times, still the same.
Anyone have issues with transfer my data on latest Redstone build? Any resolutions?

I red on release news Transfer my Data is among the old crashing apps list, no workaround

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Dont know if it's appropriate to ask a new question here but here goes: Would it be a good idea to stop backup function until the old txt are back? I am afraid if creating a backup of my new messages, that would delete the current backup file on onedrive...does it work that way? Or is it a cumulative backup? I only have one backup file on my onedrive...
Does anyone know how it works?

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering the same about the restore SMS function and the current state of the sync server and compatibility with latest redstone insider build. I've managed to avoid a hard reset on my 950xl since getting it around release date but recently had to do one to get my band sync'ing and have lost all SMS (and Skype) history despite all settings suggesting it will sync everything and full backups done prior to hard reset. Also wondering what will happen with new backups and if they'd overwrite old ones.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Related: a few months back I changed the sync period from 'any time' to 'past year' or so. I would really have appreciated a little popup that said 'this will permanently delete 5000 archived texts. Are you sure? (Y/N)'.

:(

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
How do you know the 5000 messages have been deleted? The only way I know to delete archived SMS is to delete them from your device WHILE sync is enabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)