Wondering when the new update will come. Any rumours anywhere?
    abhishek singh21 likes this.
    04-07-2016 08:07 AM
    .212 may be a candidate soon. Likely this week or next.
    04-07-2016 08:28 AM
    What other OS gets monthly updates on their production versions? Just curious.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    04-07-2016 08:29 AM
    Second Tuesday of the month, as foretold by the prophecy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_Tuesday
    nailzer and abhishek singh21 like this.
    04-07-2016 09:04 AM

And lo, there shall be ordered to be a day of patching that shall come each month on the Tuesday that followeth the first Tuesday. It shall be a day of division amongst the people, with some having their belly filled with new features and these will bless Microsoft. Others shall be destined to endure the stinging pain of deadly bugs that doth make their devices useless to them. And these will curse Microsoft for taking away the good things they had.
    04-07-2016 09:44 AM
    And lo, there shall be ordered to be a day of patching that shall come each month on the Tuesday that followeth the first Tuesday. It shall be a day of division amongst the people, with some having their belly filled with new features and these will bless Microsoft. Others shall be destined to endure the stinging pain of deadly bugs that doth make their devices useless to them. And these will curse Microsoft for taking away the good things they had.
    well written
    04-07-2016 09:49 AM
    What other OS gets monthly updates on their production versions? Just curious.
    the trend of late had been of a hgher frequency
    04-07-2016 09:52 AM
    I mean remember they are now on redstone. So you aren't going to see anymore builds in this branch.

The latest update was delayed to due to a cellular bug.
    04-07-2016 10:22 AM
    Amen, Brother
    04-07-2016 10:26 AM
    With what OS though?

If you mean beta versions - Redstone branch has had updates more frequently and .164 isn't redstone branch. If you mean stable cumulative updates to the OS, I am curious what other OS does monthly updates?
    04-08-2016 03:40 AM
    With what OS though?

If you mean beta versions - Redstone branch has had updates more frequently and .164 isn't redstone branch. If you mean stable cumulative updates to the OS, I am curious what other OS does monthly updates?
    I was just writing this in jest, not actually being impatient
    04-08-2016 03:50 AM
    I mean remember they are now on redstone. So you aren't going to see anymore builds in this branch.

The latest update was delayed to due to a cellular bug.
    there will be updates to 10586 till the Anniversary Update gets it's official rollout (maybe summer, probably later I assume).
    they are testing 10586.212 right now
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    04-08-2016 08:24 AM
    build .218 has been seen around in the meanwhile, lets wait and watch what we are offered finally.

i am still hoping for a f/w update for 730 multiple issues with screen lightening and contrast. battery life.

LED notification, who knows it's already buried with nokia after the transfer of mobile division. :)

10586.218.png
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    04-08-2016 11:36 AM
    Is it possible to update to Windows 10 using mobile data?
    I have set my data limit to unlimited yet I am unable to update to W10.
    Anything else I need to do to make the update possible?
    04-08-2016 11:50 AM
    Is it possible to update to Windows 10 using mobile data?
    I have set my data limit to unlimited yet I am unable to update to W10.
    Anything else I need to do to make the update possible?
    The only way (but nobody confirmed) could be to put your sim in another phone, starting it in tethering / hotspot mode, then connect your phone via wifi.
    There were a lot of complains in the past about big extra carrier fees, so Microsoft blocked main updates via carrier
    Diff454 likes this.
    04-08-2016 11:58 AM
    The only way (but nobody confirmed) could be to put your sim in another phone, starting it in tethering / hotspot mode, then connect your phone via wifi.
    There were a lot of complains in the past about big extra carrier fees, so Microsoft blocked main updates via carrier
    Which is an issue if you only have the one phone and it is your only source of Internet.
    04-08-2016 02:18 PM
    Which is an issue if you only have the one phone and it is your only source of Internet.
    Exactly i can't find another phone to swap SIM and connect to its Wi-Fi.
    04-09-2016 01:00 AM
    Exactly i can't find another phone to swap SIM and connect to its Wi-Fi.
    Perhaps you could search for a cafe with wifi? If the mobile data option isn't working that is.
    04-09-2016 03:05 AM

Behold, this day the words of the prophecy are fulfilled in the sight of you all. And there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (This is Windows Central after all)
    seldzar and Chintan Gohel like this.
    04-12-2016 03:59 PM
    behold, this day the words of the prophecy are fulfilled in the sight of you all. And there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (this is windows central after all)
    amen!
    04-12-2016 05:11 PM
    04-12-2016 11:33 PM