It's been a month since 10586.164 came out

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Second Tuesday of the month, as foretold by the prophecy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_Tuesday

And lo, there shall be ordered to be a day of patching that shall come each month on the Tuesday that followeth the first Tuesday. It shall be a day of division amongst the people, with some having their belly filled with new features and these will bless Microsoft. Others shall be destined to endure the stinging pain of deadly bugs that doth make their devices useless to them. And these will curse Microsoft for taking away the good things they had.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
And lo, there shall be ordered to be a day of patching that shall come each month on the Tuesday that followeth the first Tuesday. It shall be a day of division amongst the people, with some having their belly filled with new features and these will bless Microsoft. Others shall be destined to endure the stinging pain of deadly bugs that doth make their devices useless to them. And these will curse Microsoft for taking away the good things they had.

well written

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Amen, Brother

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
the trend of late had been of a hgher frequency

With what OS though?

If you mean beta versions - Redstone branch has had updates more frequently and .164 isn't redstone branch. If you mean stable cumulative updates to the OS, I am curious what other OS does monthly updates?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
With what OS though?

If you mean beta versions - Redstone branch has had updates more frequently and .164 isn't redstone branch. If you mean stable cumulative updates to the OS, I am curious what other OS does monthly updates?

I was just writing this in jest, not actually being impatient :grincry::winktongue:

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I mean remember they are now on redstone. So you aren't going to see anymore builds in this branch.

The latest update was delayed to due to a cellular bug.

there will be updates to 10586 till the Anniversary Update gets it's official rollout (maybe summer, probably later I assume).
they are testing 10586.212 right now

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
build .218 has been seen around in the meanwhile, lets wait and watch what we are offered finally.

i am still hoping for a f/w update for 730 multiple issues with screen lightening and contrast. battery life.

LED notification, who knows it's already buried with nokia after the transfer of mobile division. :)

10586.218.png

Diff454

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible to update to Windows 10 using mobile data?
I have set my data limit to unlimited yet I am unable to update to W10.
Anything else I need to do to make the update possible?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to update to Windows 10 using mobile data?
I have set my data limit to unlimited yet I am unable to update to W10.
Anything else I need to do to make the update possible?

The only way (but nobody confirmed) could be to put your sim in another phone, starting it in tethering / hotspot mode, then connect your phone via wifi.
There were a lot of complains in the past about big extra carrier fees, so Microsoft blocked main updates via carrier

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The only way (but nobody confirmed) could be to put your sim in another phone, starting it in tethering / hotspot mode, then connect your phone via wifi.
There were a lot of complains in the past about big extra carrier fees, so Microsoft blocked main updates via carrier
Which is an issue if you only have the one phone and it is your only source of Internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12