How to remove "ghost apps" from phone ???

markryb

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a HTC M one 8 running 10586.164 with no issues except ..
I tried to remove 3 apps from phone with no success .. I hold the app display down for a few seconds ..the window shows "pin to start/uninstall " .. I press uninstall ..it appears to uninstall but does not ?
Shows the app in the list with other apps (with just a blank tile next to it ? and cannot remove ? )
It will not open the app...it just gives a blank screen for a few seconds..then app screen returns...
I have tried a soft reset ( trying to not do a hard reset if at all possible) ...no success.. any ideas ?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a HTC M one 8 running 10586.164 with no issues except ..
I tried to remove 3 apps from phone with no success .. I hold the app display down for a few seconds ..the window shows "pin to start/uninstall " .. I press uninstall ..it appears to uninstall but does not ?
Shows the app in the list with other apps (with just a blank tile next to it ? and cannot remove ? )
It will not open the app...it just gives a blank screen for a few seconds..then app screen returns...
I have tried a soft reset ( trying to not do a hard reset if at all possible) ...no success.. any ideas ?

I had the same issue so here is what you can do. Install the apps again from store and then uninstall them. That worked for me for 2 apps that were ghost apps as you said

FerdiFerdi

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Under setting - system - storage there in no "phone". When I tap the external (sd card) data I get a path to "installed apps" - but the ghost app is not listed there. It is "Here" - and older version of tha maps app that sits in ghost fashion above the newer (and working) "Here City Lens" and "HERE Maps"

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Under setting - system - storage there in no "phone". When I tap the external (sd card) data I get a path to "installed apps" - but the ghost app is not listed there. It is "Here" - and older version of tha maps app that sits in ghost fashion above the newer (and working) "Here City Lens" and "HERE Maps"

Maybe it isn't named Phone, maybe Device, maybe Lumia, but there are 2 coloured bars. Check the first, then app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb