I have a HTC M one 8 running 10586.164 with no issues except ..
    I tried to remove 3 apps from phone with no success .. I hold the app display down for a few seconds ..the window shows "pin to start/uninstall " .. I press uninstall ..it appears to uninstall but does not ?
    Shows the app in the list with other apps (with just a blank tile next to it ? and cannot remove ? )
    It will not open the app...it just gives a blank screen for a few seconds..then app screen returns...
    I have tried a soft reset ( trying to not do a hard reset if at all possible) ...no success.. any ideas ?
    04-09-2016 10:41 AM
    I have a HTC M one 8 running 10586.164 with no issues except ..
    I tried to remove 3 apps from phone with no success .. I hold the app display down for a few seconds ..the window shows "pin to start/uninstall " .. I press uninstall ..it appears to uninstall but does not ?
    Shows the app in the list with other apps (with just a blank tile next to it ? and cannot remove ? )
    It will not open the app...it just gives a blank screen for a few seconds..then app screen returns...
    I have tried a soft reset ( trying to not do a hard reset if at all possible) ...no success.. any ideas ?
    I had the same issue so here is what you can do. Install the apps again from store and then uninstall them. That worked for me for 2 apps that were ghost apps as you said
    04-09-2016 10:46 AM
    Settings > System > Storage > Phone > Apps.

Seek and destroy them from there.
    04-11-2016 08:59 AM
    I had the same issue so here is what you can do. Install the apps again from store and then uninstall them. That worked for me for 2 apps that were ghost apps as you said
    how do I delete Lumia Storyteller? The app no longer exists on MS Store
    04-11-2016 09:58 AM
    Under setting - system - storage there in no "phone". When I tap the external (sd card) data I get a path to "installed apps" - but the ghost app is not listed there. It is "Here" - and older version of tha maps app that sits in ghost fashion above the newer (and working) "Here City Lens" and "HERE Maps"
    04-14-2016 04:58 AM
    Under setting - system - storage there in no "phone". When I tap the external (sd card) data I get a path to "installed apps" - but the ghost app is not listed there. It is "Here" - and older version of tha maps app that sits in ghost fashion above the newer (and working) "Here City Lens" and "HERE Maps"
    Maybe it isn't named Phone, maybe Device, maybe Lumia, but there are 2 coloured bars. Check the first, then app
    04-14-2016 05:40 AM