Anyone else unable to roll back using device recovery tool?

zicoz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So I am currently on the redstone build on my 830, but I want to roll back to either 8.1 or the non-insider version of 10, but Windows Device Recovery Tool does not seem to work for me.

After clicking the button, it goes starts "switching the device to flashing mode", but all it does is reboot my device without going into flashing mode, and the I get a "Operation ended with failure" notification.

Anyone else experience this, and have a fix?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So I am currently on the redstone build on my 830, but I want to roll back to either 8.1 or the non-insider version of 10, but Windows Device Recovery Tool does not seem to work for me.

After clicking the button, it goes starts "switching the device to flashing mode", but all it does is reboot my device without going into flashing mode, and the I get a "Operation ended with failure" notification.

I'm not sure if this will work, but can you try using Nokia software updater? It usually works better than WDRT

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

i had this experience before.

i switched my 950xl from insider 14295 to production 10586 using wdrt. the phone rebooted and recovery failed as you described. i noticed the progressions before fail were not the same in all trials. sometimes it failed just at about 10% and sometimes it failed at about 70%. they seemed random. i kept trying. i succeeded eventually after 10+ trials. i didn't know what had happened.

(i used the original usb-c cable come with the phone and this cable works properly at all circumstances so we can exclude the possibility of cable fault)

Trq20

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have same problem like you on my lumia 730, but thanksfully wpinternals can also flash my phone using my original ffu image, and no problem with that.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I tried to roll back my 950 the other day and nearly bricked it, got the red screen of death and had to do a flash using thor2.exe to fix it. Don't know what caused it.

Gadgetman110

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What is Thor2.exe?

My 830 got stock on startup with the recent windows 10 update. I have tried to roll back and keep getting the damn message about device recovery key. My 830 doesn't HAVE a key and going to find my phone shows that it thinks it is a laptop, not a phone.

Is it just bricked?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
What is Thor2.exe?

My 830 got stock on startup with the recent windows 10 update. I have tried to roll back and keep getting the damn message about device recovery key. My 830 doesn't HAVE a key and going to find my phone shows that it thinks it is a laptop, not a phone.

Is it just bricked?

The the hard reset key sequence, instead

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99