Which "Ring" to Click for Windows Insider

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I am in the process of rolling back from 14295 to either 164 or 218 on my M640. Which "Ring" do I click to ensure that I won't be thrown into an upgrade that takes me to 14295??

Please excuse me for utilizing this forum question for such a simple question. Thanks a ton!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Production or Release Preview. Release Preview may get you early production releases, but not these cutting edge ones in the slow and fast track.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which "Ring" to Click for Windows Insider

I have experience in the fast and slow rings and they are horrendous in my own opinion (now you are free to make up your own mind I don't want you to feel pressured or lead into a decision) you should use the Preview release ring because it is a highly polished glitch free and somewhat 100% stable of the lot. It's is actually insanely good I have to say.

Fast = Glitch ridden but as soon as wp10 gets updated you get it straight away.

Slow = Some glitches and you have to wait a little longer for wp10 updates or newer builds

Preview = Almost glitch free but you have to wait much longer for updates but the system is slot more stable.

If you want stability with confidence then preview is for you.

Plus battery life as a lot of preview users have reported is amazingly good some have compared the insider preview release on battery life as that of wp8. I have it in mine now over 24 hours and I am surprisingly impressed with it. I have the Lumia 640 XL.

***Note before attempting this backup your phone first and be patient, also make sure you have at least 1.5gb storage free space depending on what ring you decide on preview download size is 72mb***

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon