No glance screen after hard reset

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Before updating to Redstone branch, I hard reset my phone. Only after the update, I noticed that, lot of the options are not working properly in the setting panel. I can't set the glance screen, the options are not showing up. The sunlight readability is also not working. Like that, no automatic brightness, no motion data. Anybody else experienced similar problems...? Can anybody suggest solutions(other than using recovery tool)...?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Before updating to Redstone branch, I hard reset my phone. Only after the update, I noticed that, lot of the options are not working properly in the setting panel. I can't set the glance screen, the options are not showing up. The sunlight readability is also not working. Like that, no automatic brightness, no motion data. Anybody else experienced similar problems...? Can anybody suggest solutions(other than using recovery tool)...?

There are still core app updates pending in Store (all system apps with the gear icon). After an hard reset they must be updated to last version.
Go sto Store, My downloads, Updates, and check if there's something wrong

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
There are still core app updates pending in Store (all system apps with the gear icon). After an hard reset they must be updated to last version.
Go sto Store, My downloads, Updates, and check if there's something wrong
Thanks for the reply. The Glance screen and motion data apps were not there after updating to the latest build. I manually downloaded both of them by going thru the links. Both the apps represent the latest versions. Similarly, i downloaded the Gadgets app. And it needs to restart the phone by clicking restart button. But after clicking restart button, nothing happens.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The Glance screen and motion data apps were not there after updating to the latest build. I manually downloaded both of them by going thru the links. Both the apps represent the latest versions. Similarly, i downloaded the Gadgets app. And it needs to restart the phone by clicking restart button. But after clicking restart button, nothing happens.

Make a soft reset (hold vol down + power 10/15 secs)

Devals

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Dear,

I am having Lumia 730 India. and installed latest 14328.1000.

I am having exactly the same problem that you have. I have done the same hard rest as you.

I also not able to find any solution. Even I can not go back using device recovery tool.

Did you get answer, if yes then please share with me.

Thanks.
Devals

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Dear,

I am having Lumia 730 India. and installed latest 14328.1000.

I am having exactly the same problem that you have. I have done the same hard rest as you.

I also not able to find any solution. Even I can not go back using device recovery tool.

Did you get answer, if yes then please share with me.

Thanks.
Devals

The moved glance screen options to Settings -> Personalizzazione (can't remember what's called in english, it's where you set colors, lockscreen and other preferences) -> Glance screen

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
The last build but one (14238) moved Glance to Personalization (and made the font smaller to match the lockscreen) but also left it in Extras/Extras (sloppy, MS, sloppy). Having both on conflicts and the Personalization one takes preference (which unfortunately doesn't include the option to keep glance on when charging). Switch both off and then just use the Extras/Extras one. It'll get fixed properly sooner or later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs