05-11-2016 05:58 AM
371 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    nbc news app doesn't work in this build either
    Works fine here.
    04-18-2016 07:23 AM
    Same here... But strangely, sometimes battery doesn't drain at all for about an 1-1/2 hours, with camera, browsing etc. But after that, the drain is drastic!! Also, noticed few days back that my battery got charged approx. 50% in 20 minutes! Probably something wrong with the battery indication algorithim?!?!
    04-18-2016 07:33 AM
    The Twitter integration with the People app, and consequently the messaging app, seems to have disappeared. All profile pictures that came from Twitter are gone. Has anyone else seen this issue?

I tried reinstalling the official Twitter app, but to no avail.
    Same issue but it comes from Twitter's app and not form this build. In the last app's update they removed the People hub integration.
    04-18-2016 08:22 AM
    I disabled hello/iris, about 2/3 of backgroundapps, disabled glance,and battery drain issue is better, maybe back to normal 950x.
    04-18-2016 08:50 AM
    Same problem here (Lumia 1520). Seems like the phone completely crashed since the alarm did not work in the morning.

Other problems: nearly every second app crashes on start (especially my geocaching app), ridiculous wordflow word recognition

this is a known bug.. i think the description is if you lock and unlock the screen quickly this occurs and the only solution is soft reset.
    04-18-2016 09:30 AM
    Lumia 1520 randomly have keystrokes? I sit mine down and and it starts opening apps, changing Pandora, and all sorts of things if the screen is not locked at times.
    04-18-2016 10:37 AM
    Worst update ever for 950XL... and that's a lot to say... nothing works. Apps do not open, phone permanently locked,battery don't last, keyboard not working, App updates don't working...
    04-18-2016 11:00 AM
    There must have been no testing at all on this build before it was pushed out, I actually think this build was pushed out by mistake, and maybe we were meant to have received a different one. There are significant issues that were not documented, that couldn't possibly have been missed if any testing at all had taken place. I was aware of several issues pretty much as soon as the installation was complete, the most obvious one being the issue with the iris scanner, then soon after it was apparent that many apps that worked fine before didn't work any longer, though most of the core Microsoft apps still seem to function (for me at least).

Looking forward to the next build and hope it comes quickly in light of the issues with this build.
    04-18-2016 11:17 AM
    Yes and then you go through this endless loop where you lock the phone and it unlocks looking for you. I ended up disabling it.
    04-18-2016 12:05 PM
    Finally build today is behaving much better, seems like it needs time to settle down.
    04-18-2016 01:27 PM
    Yes!
    Gone on my 640 too.
    04-18-2016 01:45 PM
    Radio app gone on my 640 too.
    04-18-2016 01:46 PM
    I think I've been missing the FM Radio app even on the RTM build on my 950. There's a 3rd party FM Radio app you can use which works just fine on the RTM and Redstone builds.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=xmqjWZDt
    04-18-2016 02:01 PM
    Doesn't work on latest Redstone build, says I don't have FM tuner in my handset - L950
    04-18-2016 03:40 PM
    Can anyone connect usbotg device?
    04-18-2016 04:35 PM
    There was a time when I could use "Fast Ring" on my 950L daily driver and have little or no issues. With this last release I am seeing that this is no longer the case. This last release seems to be pretty unpolished. Hey I know that I signed up for this so I blame nobody as I understand the spirit and risk of being part of this program. But the issues I have received on this last round are show stoppers. New Glance program conflicting with the old glance app that was not removed. Iris looking for my eyes when I lock the screen which keeps it in this endless unlocking loop. Apps installing multiple times with one listed as "pending". Not being able to rename the phone as it ignores everything other than "windows phone". The AT&T apps that keep reinstalling themselves even after I uninstall them. And yes I reset the phone and did not reinstall the backup and the problems persist. Again I am not angry as I knew what I was signing up for. I am now using the recovery program to roll me back to production. I uninstalled windows insider and because there is a greyed out copy of it listed as pending that refuses to load or install in the store now. In fact every app I install in the store now shows a duplicate "pending" in both the store and my app list and there is nothing I can do with them. I may give insider one more go but if this does not work, I may just stick to production going forward.
    04-18-2016 04:38 PM
    This last build has my phone going haywire. I don't remember a Fast build being this messy since the 101xx last summer.

Amongst other things, I have Glance issues, battery drain, screen not always turning on when pressing the button, phone locking up when getting a notification and constantly vibrating...

This last build is terrible compared to the previous one! I wonder what happened, OneCore maybe?

Bright side though, picture quality seems better, post processing doesn't muck the saturation and sharpness up.
    04-18-2016 04:45 PM
    My short list of apps that no longer seem to work on the latest Redstone build(s).

• CamScanner
    • Office Lens
    • ProShot
    • Rift Authenticator
    • Microsoft's Translator

So basically just about any app that interfaces to the camera other than the default Camera app from Microsoft.
    04-18-2016 04:55 PM
    SO who else can not get Netflix to work? It's been almost a month, and they havent fixed it. Not sure if it's a Redstone issue or just w10m issue. Looking at app reviews, there are at least a few people who were pissed off enough to revise their ratings on the app.
    04-18-2016 06:05 PM
    I have a few apps that won't start up (will check on fixing those) but wow CORTANA seems to be working good again!
    Since the last update or two Cortana has become worse!
    For a month or so now Cortana would force close on me several times before finally responding and doing what I asked.

After this update I tried HEY CORTANA and it has actually worked every time and it worked quickly.
    04-18-2016 10:30 PM
    I just did a soft reset and apps like VK and MESSENGER (for Facebook) will open to a black screen then force close after about 5 seconds.

I'll try to uninstall and re install.
    04-18-2016 10:31 PM
    Messenger just took about 4 tries to install without an error but it finally went (might have needed to wait for another app to finish).
    VK app also re installed.
    DANG! Both apps are still broke
    04-18-2016 10:39 PM
    Other apps that are not opening:
    Opera
    UC Browser
    04-18-2016 10:56 PM
    Well, it seems like after a week of stability. My 640 xl wont do a damn thing. Phone reboots after sitting for a couple of minutes. I don't get it. I'm plugged in for a recovery. Christ MS. Get your **** in order. And it did it again for the fifth time. Recovery here I come. Bye bye preview builds.
    04-18-2016 11:18 PM
    FAST preview are supposed to be buggy, but this build's the worst of them all :d
    04-18-2016 11:51 PM
371 ... 89101112 ...