05-11-2016 05:58 AM
371 ... 12131415
tools
    New build way better. No issues so far, even managed to clear the stuck downloads, and all failing apps and iris scanner now working again. Bunny = Happy.
    I concur. But early days yet. Might put me off Android for a little while longer. I think Redstone will be great when finished. Would love to try out Messaging from Anywhere but I'm afraid to go Insider on my PC!
    04-20-2016 02:54 PM
    thanks, but how does one go back to the Production build?
    How to roll back Windows 10 Mobile from Fast and Slow Ring to Production release | Windows Central
    JCDiederiks likes this.
    04-20-2016 04:47 PM
    Seeing some of the issues listed in the Known Issues, but have been unable to rename my phone from 'Windows Phone'. Everytime I tap the Save button, it just takes me back to the About screen without any update.
    L640XL
    04-20-2016 06:16 PM
    I've had quite a few issues with this build myself but I've properly and efficiently recorded and reported all of them back to Microsoft. Hopefully most of them have been fixed or at least improved with today's update but I haven't done enough testing yet to find out. Overall I really like the improvements I just hope Microsoft 1) Keeps them coming non-stop and 2) Polishes Redstone before official rollout.
    04-20-2016 09:20 PM
    The image was fixed on the Glance screen, but now is not "glance-able." Should be able to hover my screen and have it wake. Did fix the stuck Store apps, but only if you do a work-around of installing a new app and pausing all before it downloads completely. That was on Desktop and on Mobile. However, apps, like Tweetium, that crashed or would not open still do.
    04-20-2016 10:26 PM
    I had this in the last build, and discovered that for some reason, the language I had switched to (Canadian English, eh) suddenly showed it needed attention. I removed it and returned to US English (duh) and my Band 2 still synced and the keyboard Word Flow returned. Try checking if you need to re-download your language.
    04-20-2016 10:30 PM
    Getting an update now, no idea what it is. Phone is going through a full install.

And I am now running .14237.

14322 sure didn't last long

640XL DS

And it sucks just as bad as 14322. Actually, it's worse. Much worse. At least for me.

SD Card issues are still there, Netflix still will not launch, FB Messenger now works, not a single app on my SD Card will work. They show up, but are darkened out and dont launch. edit: wait, they are slowly starting to work one by one ( it is very slow though, may be able to access all my apps sometime tomorrow.. Phone refuses to connect to my computer. Store DL's and Updates still does not clear after installing or updating apps. So, i can't re download any app that is listed in my queue. How does this get overlooked? And why in gods name is there not a way to manually remove these? Also can not move apps from phone storage to sd card. Getting error: 0x80073d0b
    Edit: Found a work around for the store queue bug, you have to find a qr code, scan it, and a download will then start.
    Last edited by Matt Dargis; 04-21-2016 at 02:36 AM.
    04-20-2016 10:49 PM
    Even mine FB messenger not working...............some of the apps showing only loading/resumeing,,,,,,,,not opening
    04-20-2016 10:54 PM
    Open messenger from FB app. It works for now.
    04-21-2016 12:56 AM
    the new 14327 build doesn't seem to address many of the main issues though... store issues not dealt with, massive battery drain (the one of the big ones, not sorted etc.) Tried adjusting the settings as mentioned earlier in the thread to assist with the battery drain but nothing helped, still have massive battery usage under 'Start', which is the start screen I guess.
    04-21-2016 01:43 AM
    the new 14327 build doesn't seem to address many of the main issues though... store issues not dealt with, massive battery drain (the one of the big ones, not sorted etc.) Tried adjusting the settings as mentioned earlier in the thread to assist with the battery drain but nothing helped, still have massive battery usage under 'Start', which is the start screen I guess.
    Yep. I am disgusted with these preview builds.
    JCDiederiks likes this.
    04-21-2016 02:28 AM
    Getting the same update again? Installed 14327.1000 last night. Now it's downloading again!
    04-21-2016 02:35 AM
    Strange, downloaded til 38% then when I looked next time it was gone.
    04-21-2016 03:14 AM
    My battery goes from 100 to 50 in 3 hours time while it's locked. Im not even using it. That's not okay. (950XL)
    04-21-2016 04:02 AM
    My battery goes from 100 to 50 in 3 hours time while it's locked. Im not even using it. That's not okay. (950XL)
    Follow the checklist:

1 - log out video skype
    2 - disable all background apps you don't need (leave Messages, Phone, Alarms, ect)
    3 - Disable Edge sync
    4 - Disable Onedrive video upload
    5 - Disable in Photo "Show Onedrive pics "
    6 - In Settings -> Diagnostic, set level to base

..a little "search" button in forums ;)
    04-21-2016 04:09 AM
    Follow the checklist:

1 - log out video skype
    2 - disable all background apps you don't need (leave Messages, Phone, Alarms, ect)
    3 - Disable Edge sync

you can add disable wifi/cellular when not needed
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    04-21-2016 04:25 AM
    you can add disable wifi/cellular when not needed
    I prefer leaving them on, so I can pick all free wifi spot during outdoor. Wifi must get priority in carrier data when possible (exept huge uploads, like videos....)
    Cell data better leaving due to backup service for messages / WA / etc
    04-21-2016 04:34 AM
    I've had a bug in the latest build and the previous one. When you open the keyboard up to enter text it doesn't show you the text as you are typing it.
    04-21-2016 05:25 AM
    I don't use headphones very often on my phone, but I happened to last night, then this morning noticed that it still thought I was using headphones, so I couldn't adjust the volume for media and apps like I normally would as it was showing the headphone volume instead.. A restart sorted it, but just thought I'd share. Overall, a much better build than last weeks one though.
    04-21-2016 05:54 AM
    I prefer leaving them on, so I can pick all free wifi spot during outdoor. Wifi must get priority in carrier data when possible (exept huge uploads, like videos....)
    Cell data better leaving due to backup service for messages / WA / etc
    that is assuming free wifi is mostly available wherever you go. Where I am the only "free" wifi available is in coffee houses and restaurants where you have to be a customer to use their wifi. So my wifi and cellular are always off. The only time I use wifi is when I'm at home or at a place with free wifi which is maybe once a week
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    04-21-2016 06:39 AM
    I was facing the same blank tile issue since windows phone 8.0 on my previous lumia 720. Now I am using lumia 640, still the issue persist on windows 10 mobile build .218. I think this cannot be resolved, might be born with it. I tried redstone buils too and it was a nightmare.
    04-21-2016 07:54 AM
    I was facing the same blank tile issue since windows phone 8.0 on my previous lumia 720. Now I am using lumia 640, still the issue persist on windows 10 mobile build .218. I think this cannot be resolved, might be born with it. I tried redstone buils too and it was a nightmare.
    I haven't seen the blank tile issue on any of the newer builds, one reason could be because i always hard reset after every major build.
    04-21-2016 08:08 AM
    Follow the checklist:

1 - log out video skype
    3 - Disable Edge sync

Shouldn't have to do any of this. Preview build or not. There are some unqualified people working on Redstone preview builds. Every one of them has been awful.
    04-21-2016 08:09 AM
    I think there was an article saying FM radio was missing since the last build.
    04-21-2016 08:15 AM
    Shouldn't have to do any of this. Preview build or not. There are some unqualified people working on Redstone preview builds. Every one of them has been awful.
    They are previews and should be viewed as that. Many releases are 'alpha' at best, with bugs, unusual behaviour and general incompleteness. They are not meant for daily drivers. The T&C's for the insider preview program, which we all have to accept, clearly state the risks etc.

Have you reported your issues using the insider feedback? It is these reports that highlight issues experienced so that they can be looked into.

As for unqualified, I cannot agree, nor disagree, as I have no idea how to program. I would have to assume that they know what they are doing as the release builds are pretty good.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-21-2016 08:23 AM
371 ... 12131415