05-11-2016 05:58 AM
371 ... 131415
tools
    Anyone have issues after reinstalling what's app on this build? Mine does not show new messages unless I open the app and then they all pop up! Tried reinstalling several times. Also, is Cortana having a difficult time with answering your requests or even being available?
    04-21-2016 08:34 AM
    They are previews and should be viewed as that. Many releases are 'alpha' at best, with bugs, unusual behaviour and general incompleteness. They are not meant for daily drivers. The T&C's for the insider preview program, which we all have to accept, clearly state the risks etc.

Have you reported your issues using the insider feedback? It is these reports that highlight issues experienced so that they can be looked into.

As for unqualified, I cannot agree, nor disagree, as I have no idea how to program. I would have to assume that they know what they are doing as the release builds are pretty good.
    Yes I report everything. But, if they want people to use these builds and test them out for them, some of the basic stuff that works totally fine on the production w10m and hasn't had anything added to it or changed SHOULD NOT have an issue in the preview build.

I understand new features, app upgrades, new apps, most likely will have issues. It's when a perfectly working app that has not been changed suddenly doesn't work. That's my issue. Cortana hasn't worked right in the last few builds. MSN sports and news have not changed, but they don't work. The last build killed my SD Card. As soon as my phone rebooted, my SD Card needed scan and fixed. The phones built in error fixer thingy, whatever. Did not fix it. I can't format it. Nothing works, disk management wont fix it. Nothing will. For some reason it keeps saying that the disk is in use in another program, which it isn't.
    04-21-2016 09:40 AM
    The issues with the TP program are indeed, very frustrating. That's why I stay away. There never seems to be rhyme or reason to the bugs as some report one bug and another will report something different, but the others report works fine on theirs. Very confusing. I would guess that when it is previewed for release to insiders, MS use a bare bones device. I have no idea as to why you have to reset after an update, but it seems that is still required.

I do understand your frustrations. For me, Cortana doesn't work, and hasn't worked properly AT ALL on any W10M, from TP's through to .218. Outlook keeps saying my settings are out of date, it takes an age for things like Bluetooth to switch off, WiFi etc. Yet others have no issues. Arrrgghhh

Let's hope the Redstone branch starts to come together before we all go nuts!
    04-21-2016 10:05 AM
    My phone has a super annoying issue

The screen blacks out and it vibrate for 2 or 3 minutes before restart :(
    Anyone has the same issue? Or solution to solve it

Lumia 930
    version 1511
    Os build: 10.0.14327.1000
    Firmware revision number:
    Hardware revision number: 2.0.0.2
    Chip SOC version: 8974
    04-21-2016 12:01 PM
    My phone has a super annoying issue

The screen blacks out and it vibrate for 2 or 3 minutes before restart :(
    Anyone has the same issue? Or solution to solve it

Lumia 930
    version 1511
    Os build: 10.0.14327.1000
    Firmware revision number:
    Hardware revision number: 2.0.0.2
    Chip SOC version: 8974
    Soft reset: hold vol down + power till screen goes black or count 15 secs then release
    04-21-2016 12:27 PM
    I actually got so tired of the buggyness of the previous build that I restored a backup I had made back in November (no Idea of the build number)
    after that it updated right up to 14322 without a hitch and is pretty solid now. I haven't had an app NOT install, which was driving me nuts, and while sometimes there are issues with apps launching, there are way less of them failing.
    04-21-2016 12:48 PM
    Hi. Im currently on build 10586.218 with my lumia 925 and im on the insider release preview mode. Is it faster to be in the fast ring mide since im not getting the latest preview builds. I would like to test the new sms funktions :)
    04-22-2016 03:42 AM
    Hi. Im currently on build 10586.218 with my lumia 925 and im on the insider release preview mode. Is it faster to be in the fast ring mide since im not getting the latest preview builds. I would like to test the new sms funktions :)
    You can't, I'm sorry, for now only Windows 10 eligible phones can try Redstone. All others can use Threshold
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-22-2016 04:03 AM
    You can't, I'm sorry, for now only Windows 10 eligible phones can try Redstone. All others can use Threshold
    Yeah... we 925 or *20 users are now considered 2nd class citizens and of no import to MS. other than the 1520 all other *20 series phones are being snubbed by MS as low end phones that are not capable of running windows 10 with no problems.

So you have 2 options... either get a new windows phone or wait and pray.... or third... jump ship...
    04-22-2016 04:51 AM
    Okay thank you. Guess i'll have to wait for the upcoming surface phone :)

But are I in the fastest insider mode?
    04-22-2016 05:55 AM
    Okay thank you. Guess i'll have to wait for the upcoming surface phone :)

But are I in the fastest insider mode?
    You can only choose Release ring
    04-22-2016 06:01 AM
    Shouldn't have to do any of this. Preview build or not. There are some unqualified people working on Redstone preview builds. Every one of them has been awful.
    As far as not having to do any of the tricks to prevent massive battery drain, one thing people don't understand is the REAL reason for the extra battery drain.

The real issue isn't a problem with any of these apps, though disabling those things can help to conserve the battery. The real issue is the debug code and telemetry that is turned on to help Microsoft track down the bugs. Your device is constantly monitoring itself for issues for everything it does. It will report telemetry if it has crashes or issues, so that Microsoft can analyze it and get it fixed.

Once most of the bugs have been squashed, they will remove that debug code and the OS will begin to run smoother, faster, and not drain the battery so much.

I make sure that when I'm on a preview, that I always have access to power to keep my phone from dropping too low on the charge. If I'm going to be out and about and unable to plug in, I carry a portable power bank with me, just because I know that they have to have that debug code in when they are "testing" an OS, and that it will, inevitably, drain the battery quickly until that debug code is removed.

This definitely isn't for everyone, but even with the bugs, I'm enjoying the Insider Program. I enjoy finding and reporting bugs. I enjoy living on the edge. If I get a build that is too rough for my daily driver device, I have a backup device I can put the SIM card in until the next build. I wouldn't try the Insider Program without it.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-22-2016 08:34 AM
    Additionally to what @rhapdog has said, if you switch to production build, your battery life improves since the phone isn't gathering so much telemetry and reports
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-22-2016 11:57 AM
    facebook messenger not working. anyone else having this issue?
    04-22-2016 05:49 PM
    how do u get redstone? i got 10 on the mobile.
    04-22-2016 07:46 PM
    how do u get redstone? i got 10 on the mobile.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...elines%5D.html
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-22-2016 08:33 PM
    is battery drain on L640 fixed in this build?
    I have installed new build 14XXX....on L640XL and still after 2 reset...battery drain is way to faster then before...i m tired of this 😣
    04-23-2016 09:24 PM
    I have installed new build 14XXX....on L640XL and still after 2 reset...battery drain is way to faster then before...i m tired of this 
    Search "checklist" in forum for fixing the iussue ;)
    04-24-2016 04:06 AM
    Still on this build my camera launches but pressing the "shutter" does nothing. Actually none of the on screen options work. Lumia 535
    04-24-2016 08:15 AM
    Search "checklist" in forum for fixing the iussue ;)
    Easy fix if you spend a couple of minutes looking for the solution.
    04-24-2016 08:30 AM
    Hey guys, I had this build ever since it came out, and it was working great. But today I decided to do a hard reset on my phone (haven't done this since 10586) because I noticed there were a few quirkiness going on, such as:

1) WhatsApp notification won't show unless you open the app, but this only happens after the phone has been left on for a long time (a few days). Soft-resetting/ restarting the phone often solves this.
    2) 2nd Alarm doesn't work. Say I had an alarm set at 7.00 and 7.30 am, only the 7.00am alarm would play a sound. The second one would not (unless I manually dismiss the first alarm, only then would the 2nd alarm trigger).
    3) General performance seems a bit slower than usual these past few days.

And a few more stuff but those are just minor things. Anyhow, after the hard reset (without restoring from backup), I have problems in the settings menu for the Action Centre. Dragging to relocate the toggles in the action centre causes it to crash. This was common in this build I guess, since other users have reported it somewhere in this site/forum. But what I didn't expect was this:

From the 'Add or Remove Quick Actions' menu, if I enabled 2 of them, say Battery Saver and Brightness (in the order of (1) Battery Saver (2) Brightness), when I enable ANY 3rd toggle after enabling the previous two, the Battery Saver toggle (1) would go back to off. Basically, every 3rd toggling will cause the 1st toggle to return back to off.

Also, I've tried enabling just one, press back, close the Settings from the Task View (holding back button + swipe down), then re-do the whole thing again, nothing is actually changed. Also because of this, I can't easily re-enable any of the Actions (have to do these actions couple of times before I manage to get the Action toggle back) but it is far, far easier to remove them.

Because of this, most of the Quick Action toggles that I require, such as Battery Saver and Flashlight, have been removed from the action centre. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone knows of any solution to this problem?

Btw, I've reported this through the Feedback App, so yeah. I'm here seeking solutions from you all.

I tried searching for the problem in this thread, but no one mentioned about it (pretty sure I've seen it being mentioned somewhere in this forums, just couldn't remember where :v)
    05-11-2016 05:58 AM
371 ... 131415