Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I was expecting the back button on the lock screen to launch the Camera but it did something else.........

Firstly, I have a Lumia 830 which doesn't have on-screen soft navigation keys (NavBar) but instead has capacitive buttons. So, I tried launching the Camera by pressing and holding the physical back button. But instead of doing what was expected, it triggered the one-handed (half screen) mode which is assigned to the Start button. And when I pressed and held the Start button, it launched Cortana which is the Search button's function. Then what does the Search button do? Nothing, simply nothing! Neither when tapped nor when pressed and held. Simply bizarre!

Also the Feedback Hub crashes when uploading diagnostic reports manually.

And what's happening to the loading circle (dots)?
In Edge's tabs on PC:-
1.jpg

In Films & TV app on mobile:-
2.png1.png

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Read the release notes. bugs section. This was mentioned, along with the workaround.
UPDATE: Facebook Messenger will fail to launch from Start or All apps. As a workaround, you can open Facebook Messenger via the Facebook app or open Facebook Messenger from Cortana. You can also tap on notifications from Facebook Messenger to open the app as well.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Running on a Lumia 950:

- Windows Hello is borked in this build. It turns on when the phone is locked. When trying to unlock the phone, it will only turn on if you swipe down to get the notification center and then swipe back up. Windows Hello still prevents option to change time before locking the phone (ever since first Redstone build). Progress bar still does not appear when trying to improve recognition or set up Iris recognition.

- The 5GHz WiFi bug lives on (5GHz networks disappear and WiFi is dropped)

- Turning on Flight Mode and then turning it off results in a flashing Flight Mode icon via quick actions. Also, holding down flight mode on quick actions goes to a setting for Flight Mode that is dimmed and never opens

- Apps like Twitter, Flipboard and Facebook have all crashed multiple times upon opening

Thinking about a hard reset but would like to know if anyone else sees these issues apart from the Iris Scan, which already has dozens of entries in the Feedback Hub.

mumbleon

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Updated this morning on Lumia 950, unfortunately it's completely killed cellular voice and data for me. Thought that was the reason they held off, to fix it?

I can handle some bugs, but for f's sake, MS! This phone isn't a phone!

Tried hard reset, it's still not working.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Updated this morning on Lumia 950, unfortunately it's completely killed cellular voice and data for me. Thought that was the reason they held off, to fix it?

I can handle some bugs, but for f's sake, MS! This phone isn't a phone!

Tried hard reset, it's still not working.

This is the first major problem I've heard of. What phone? What carrier are you using and where are you located? I've just checked and turned off WiFi but still have data. Calling and texting work both ways as well. Lumia 950DS on AT&T in US.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Running on a 950XL dual sim. What I have experienced so far:

Bugs
- Same issue with Windows Hello, doesn't come on upon screen wake. How on earth did they overlook this..
- Groove ran once, now it shows the spinning dots and then crashes to the start screen. :( Edit: I was able to get past this crash by switching to airplane mode and then launching Groove.
- In the store, tapping 'Free' to download an app locks the UI (no touch response). Hitting the windows button in this state takes you back to the Start screen after 5 seconds or so.
- Toggling airplane mode seems to have disabled cellular data, even though the cellular data toggle shows 'on'. Trying to tap cellular data in Action center freezes the phone, had to hard reset. After restart, go to Settings > Network > Cellular & SIM gives a blank screen, windows button doesn't work. Hitting power turns off screen, hitting power again no longer turns on screen. Argh. Lock screen picture flashes briefly to life ever 5 or six seconds.
- Huge list of duplicate app listings in the 'all apps' section. One normal, and one grayed out showing 'pending' for many.

Minor stuff
- Corrupted text on 'updates' screen, see below.
- screenshot doesn't always seem to work on power+vol-up
- remains of failed 'windows hello' recognition overlaying the 'settings' screen, see below.
- As mentioned above: unlock -> top half of screen shows tiles, lower half black. One second later: lower tiles get painted. Bug still there.
- "Shuffle my music" > Bing search. Come on!
- Photos app seems slower than ever. Take screenshots, open photos. Nothing. Hit 'refresh' (why do we even have that..), nothing, no animation, nothing. Hit it again. Nothing. About to give up.. hey, two new screenshots, gee, thanks Windows!
- Didn't really expect this to change, but still don't like the backspace location on the dial screen
- settings > extras > extras. EXTRAS. Maybe reconsider the navigation structure there
- Phone runs super hot after update, but as usual this cools off after a while.
- Download progress in store still starts with the incorrect file size listed

Second screenshot shows how unhelpful 'Settings' is when searching for Windows Hello. Hellooo? And note the Hello eye peeking over the edge. Chaos!

notgreat.jpg

Last edited:

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Here maps and drive gone after upgrade from .218.
I hope they make an option to sync favorites from Heremaps. For windows maps, need option to select navigation apps like here maps.
I need use waze to avoid traffic jam.

mumbleon

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
This is the first major problem I've heard of. What phone? What carrier are you using and where are you located? I've just checked and turned off WiFi but still have data. Calling and texting work both ways as well. Lumia 950DS on AT&T in US.

Lumia 950, Australian unlocked, unbranded running on the Vodafone Australia network. Tried all sorts of wireless on/off, flight mode, scan for network in SIM settings, even tried different SIM card. No luck. Rolling back to Production tonight when I get home - this has scared me off insider preview for a while, just a massive issue.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
1. Glance screen doesn't work well. Hover reactivation of the glance screen missing-making it almost useless

2. Automatic brightness mode is very poor

3. No sunlight readability

4. Can't complete gadget app installation... Can't restart the phone my clicking restart button

5. FM radio is gone. No more 'here' apps

6. Messenger app can't be opened

7. Store update bug, even after updating the apps, it shows update notification.

Last edited:

ma678

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Here are what I found on my Lumia 640 LTE.

The half of my screen stays black for seconds when my device reboots.

FM is gone.

Glance turns off every time it reboots.

Wakeup by hover hand over screen is gone.

Here Map and Drive are gone.

Lots of resume or loading.

Updates in Store reinstall every time.

WeChat doesn't load or install any more.

Id rather not update to this build. Too many bugs. Very disappointed.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I was on Insider Fast, switched to WP 8.1 and then W10M Release because of poor battery life on Preview, seems like they've fixed lots of things and added some cool new features in this (14322) preview, specially 'Messaging Everywhere Preview Coming Soon' thing, I'm waiting for it.

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I know that Updates from Fast Ring are horrible, i was on .218 and now i'm updating my Lumia 640 to 14322 build, will see how things are changed.
At the moment Build .128 is the Best Update from Microsoft Yet, Not major issues at all, so smooth, that performance is omg really good.

*The Update is in Progress, i will let you guys know if it can be handled, fixed or cannot be.
#14322 #Lumia640LTE #Hope

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Where the heck is double tap to wake?? Power button placement is so stupid on 950xl, constant screenshots when hitting it. Also battery drain is worst ever. 950xl died while I was sleeping (no active use) in 5 hours! Pitiful, endless beta

Last edited:

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
On my 1520.3, hard reset, fresh install of apps: 1) [known issue] store shows apps in queue after successfully download, it doesn't clear apps name for "queue" 2) WhatsApp didn't load, can't uninstall, stuck in limbo 3) can't get Insider Maps app nor Insider Groove 3.6.1886 app. 4) crashed once out of the blue. Anyone have ideas to fix?

Other than that, seems to be working fine.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo