Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
1 - No more italian system localization (wow, seems exploring a Alpha .... far memories... )
2 - Glance stopped using sensors. Very sad
3 - Some system function doubled - old and new - conflicting
4 - Some 3rd apps stopped working... damn, just the ones I use everyday >.<
5 - Calendar conflicts

Fow now, first time in 3 yrs, I have to revert my 650.
PS: I discovered WDRT is already updated with last firmware and Threshold.
Maybe that's only for 550, 650, 950 Win10 phones. Great step foward!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's the issues I discovered so far. Wondering if any of these can be resolved by performing a hard reset.

• Iris recognition is initiated when putting the device in standby, not when waking up
  • WiFi quick action button shows a cut off SSID instead of the entire name
  • brightness on auto is nuts. Keeps on adjusting all the time
  • brightness slider in settings has no effect
  • brightness quick action button has no effect
  • the new glance setting doesn't show the glance screen using the proximity sensor
  • back button seems a little over sensitive. Launches task manager sometimes instead of going back
  • Edge, Cortana and Settings are entirely in English now (language, keyboard and region are set to German/Germany)
  • don't get notifications for SMS anymore. It's enabled though
  • Cortana still crashing more often than not when performing a search.

Anybody else experiencing this (apart from the IRIS thing, which has been mentioned a lot already).
And has anyone probably successfully fixed any of these issues? If so, how?

Gulshan D

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I performed a hard reset after installation on my Lumia 730.
Installed some of the apps I use. Then one app wasn't working as expected and I tried to reinstall it but after uninstalling, Store won't show me an option to install this app again. I checked Downloads and Updates and found that app is queued along with other apps I had installed. Then I checked All apps and saw duplicates of all the apps I had installed (with 'Pending...' status i.e. queued in Store).
This was mentioned under known issues but Apps with no 'Pending...' status should work, right?
But oh well WhatsApp won't even open now, stuck on 'Loading...'.
It all happened after I did an Uninstall. It messed up all the apps I had installed and store won't let me do anything about it.
Time to roll back. :crying:

SaltCityBoy

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Last build was much better then this in overall performance, action center in new build is now hard to read, and if you try to close one notification, it will close all of them. Messenger not working for me either, a lot apps is crashing without reason. There is now a lot of black screens when hitting start button.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I performed a hard reset after installation on my Lumia 730.
Installed some of the apps I use. Then one app wasn't working as expected and I tried to reinstall it but after uninstalling, Store won't show me an option to install this app again. I checked Downloads and Updates and found that app is queued along with other apps I had installed. Then I checked All apps and saw duplicates of all the apps I had installed (with 'Pending...' status i.e. queued in Store).
This was mentioned under known issues but Apps with no 'Pending...' status should work, right?
But oh well WhatsApp won't even open now, stuck on 'Loading...'.
It all happened after I did an Uninstall. It messed up all the apps I had installed and store won't let me do anything about it.
Time to roll back. :crying:

Same thing happened to me, including WhatsApp problem. You're not the only one.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm more shocked that they failed to address HUGE bugs like Windows hello being broken and cannot recreate IRIS profile, and also the fact that they still did not fix sync issues with band. And a common app like Messenger not being able to launch properly should also be detected and mentioned.... WhatsApp is working for me though on 950XL.
It's a shame there are huge bugs like these, because it did bring some neat new features and nice UI changes. Also in some cases seem smoother.

Hope they up their game soon, I might have to roll back to production if one more unsatisfactory build comes out. Basically the only thing that's stopping me from doing that is having to reinstall all my apps and lose data.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Did a hard reset on my 950XL with back up... so far It's reinstalling apps... IRIS is indeed brokken which is a major PITA...

Will see what else is broken but previous build worked a charm really...

msmatis

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I "just" have two issues. No cellular voice and data, it is showing "Phone 1 off/Phone 2 off" AND phone died overnight(6hours) in airplane mode

lumia 950xl dual sim

bai3tzash

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Any way to stop the install of this build? It seems that last night the update was downloaded and now I can't choose Slow Ring because an build (this) is ready for install. The only way is to postpone the install or something like this?

Bobaloba

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

I have the issue with Messenger not launching from live tile or app list. Launches once after reboot but can then only be reopened from recent apps list.

Also noticed on lock screen the back button now activates one-handed mode and start button activates Cortana. Search button does nothing. All 3 buttons operate as normal once device is unlocked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss