Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I have the issue with Messenger not launching from live tile or app list. Launches once after reboot but can then only be reopened from recent apps list.

Also noticed on lock screen the back button now activates one-handed mode and start button activates Cortana. Search button does nothing. All 3 buttons operate as normal once device is unlocked.

On my 650 left button changed in camera button, as wrote in changelog. That's a nice feature.
That's a pity for all the Settings area messed up, there's new nice icons

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
How is MS putting out such garbage?

That's not all garbage, that's the Insider member duty: check and report.
It's quite fast and interesting build, but I should had taken one month more for fixing and language localizing all Settings and Cortana section, removing all conflicting doubles.
I like the new button camera on lock screen too
But my everyday few 3rd party apps stopped workin on my daily driver, so I reverted for now.

ColonicUnseeker

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Bugs I found this build and last 2 build, I have a lumia 640xl, and the workaround is NEVER restart or turn of the phone.

These bugs only happen if you restart your phone after the installatin of the build:
1 - WhatsApp stuck in a limbo
2 - cannot visualize wi-fi networks, so I cannot connect to wi-fi.
3 - app store crashes if you try to check an app details or try to download a new one
4 - app store won't update apps, even if you are connected to a 3G/4G or wi-fi
5 - your phone won't download new OS updates.
6 - phone stop respondind if you do too many commands at once.
7 - Microsoft edge Works very slow and sometimes won't load pages.

I don't know if there is more bugs since after all the bugs above, I got gave up and did a hard reset

with that bug, you can't join the Windows insider program, since after the hard reset, to join the insider program you have to restart the phone, and if you restart you get all the bugs above.
what I did to have the latest build is:
1 - use the WDRT to rollback my phone to W 8.1
2 - let it install W 10 stable build.
3 - join the insider program
4 - download the latest insider build
5 - do a hard reset.
6 - since then i did not restart my phone

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
.... if you try to close one notification, it will close all of them.... a lot apps is crashing without reason....
Correct me if I am wrong, but Action centre has retained its ability to clear single notifications. I can confirm. You can still dismiss individual notifications from the same app. And yes, apps are crashing too much. I found a workaround but it's limited to a few apps. For other apps, you can open them from their Store pages by clicking the "Open" button. Some apps crash a few minutes after opening them.

Someone claimed that brightness quick action button doesn't work. But it does work. If it doesn't then probably a soft or hard reset might fix it.

Anyways, I am not going to let my phone run out of battery as it would cause my phone to reboot giving me more issues. Btw, battery life seems to have been improved a little. It lasted for 8-9 hours after the update.

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Overall of Build 14322

Microsoft released their Latest Insider Preview on Fast Ring.
Aa we know Fast Ring releases are not the Best, but gives us chance to access to latest Features.

These are few new features i have noticed so far aswell as issues.

Features:
We have a chance to control Music 🎶 on the Lock screen

And the New Emojis are gorgeous

New Notification bar options

And Main settings were so organized, by moving few settings into another sections. And looking of the Settings were updated too. (Fonts, space between each settings etc)
E.x: Glance screen settings have been moved to Personalization

And finally we have an access to Camera from Lock Screen, when you press on Camera button for a while which is on Navigation bar while on Lock Screen it opens up the Camera 📷. (I loved it)

And here are some issues i have noticed so far:
There is still Wifi 📶 issues remaining, Wifi doesn't connect Automatically to Saved Connections.

New Notification bar settings are so buggy, when you try to move the Bar you select, it freezes, and crashes. And after you toggle off few bars you cannot toggle them on, it's just: When you toggle off all the Bars, you cannot turn on atleast 2 bars, only one bar stays up on Notification bar.

And few apps were crashing/not opening.
Example: Facebook Messenger can't be opened, Windows Central App crashes some times when try to Open it.

Other wise this Build can make your Phone run faster.
Try to pull down the Notification bar quickly, so smooth.

And if there is anything related with this Update you guys wanna share please do so. And yeah i went back to Windows 10 Release Preview which is build .218.

Genio88

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
950XL here, the Iris scan is screwed now, it doesn't work when you unlock the phone, and you have to unlock using the PIN, instead it turns on when you lock the phone by pressing the power button... i just had to disable Windows Hello.
Also the glance screen doesn't show up sometimes, these are the main issues i found so far, and i just installed the update today...What a shame, will they fix these or we'll have to wait until the next preview???

Ahmed Rami1

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Overall of Build 14322

I just got out of the insider builds. to get the last stable build on my 950xl.
My main problems were fixed. The heat, The cellular network when using 2 sim cards and the battery life
Am I safe to get this one or these problems will show up again ?

Thanks

Ammar Poonawala

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Accessing camera from lock screen is good feature but i have noticed a bug.. If u open camera from lockscreen and click oN BACK button on ur phone.. It takes u directly to homescreen.. It does not ask for password to unlock.. Is anyone else having same issue?

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
It seems like the majority with major issues are people with 950s and 950 XLs.

Bookvisor won't launch on my Lumia 1520 on this build, but if I open an epub from the file explorer it opens Bookvisor fine. Just opening it through the app list doesn't work.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It seems like the majority with major issues are people with 950s and 950 XLs.
Maybe nobody at MS bought 950's, so they couldn't test. :D

I can live without Windows Hello, but I need a fix for my crashing Groove (universal) asap. My commute is very boring without my music.

Edit: I was able to get past the Groove Music crash by switching to airplane mode. Maybe some bug in checking for music on OneDrive?

Last edited:

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Skype for Business won't open for me which is a huge issue.

Originally posted by Ammar Poonawala
Accessing camera from lock screen is good feature but i have noticed a bug.. If u open camera from lockscreen and click oN BACK button on ur phone.. It takes u directly to homescreen.. It does not ask for password to unlock.. Is anyone else having same issue?

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

I also have 60 apps stuck in the store queue

Originally posted by xzb6np
Skype for Business won't open for me which is a huge issue.

Originally posted by Ammar Poonawala

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
The windows hello issue plus numerous apps couldn't be opened properly, I think I will roll back to previous version.

The testing from MS is a joke.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I might have run into a bug that will force me to go back to stable: Toggling airplane mode seems to have disabled cellular data, even though the cellular data toggle shows 'on'. Trying to tap cellular data in Action center freezes the phone, had to hard reboot.

After restart, went to Settings > Network > Cellular & SIM gives a blank screen, windows button doesn't work. Hitting power turns off screen, hitting power again no longer turns on screen, but now the lock screen picture flashes briefly to life ever 5 or six seconds. Has been doing this for the past few minutes, no escape possible. Try a hard reboot again.

Second reboot, still no cellular data, try to tap cell data in action center -> frozen.

OK, I knew that Insider builds were risky, but after the bad Slow build I hope that we would get at least a semi stable Fast ring build to tide us over. Turns out this one is way worse, at least on my 950XL. Sadface. WDRT here I come, unless anyone here has some tips on how to revive cell data.

Edit: that's it, reflashing with WDRT. Goodbye Redstone, it was nice knowing ya.

Edit 2: ummmmm

ehhhh.jpg

Edit 3: well sh*t. This failed three times. The phone can successfully boot to this broken build, but WDRT is not able to place the device in recovery mode. Next try, device reset from within Redstone? Should I? Or more bugs ensue?

Edit 4: PC would still offer to eject phone, but phone file system no longer visible over USB. Looks like failed flashing killed USB connectivity. Removed SIM1, SIM2, uSD, and went to Settings > System > Reset. Seems like the only option. Staring at the ugly non-interlocking jerky cogs again. Gotta love MS attention to detail.

Last edited:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 950XL

*Iris scanner was not working, turned it off.
*Sometimes when entering Pin the phone brings the pin pad back again and I have to start all over
*Readit works well but if i'm viewing a pic and click full screen mode it locks up.
*An app I paid for is back to free trial. It's super old and has no support for windows 10. And unfortunately it's a daily use app for me.
*Phone runs much warmer than before.
*There were more issues previously like lag and such but after a day it has resolved itself, likely indexing that occurs on phone as well as hash data calculations
*Was playing with settings and disabled sunlight readability because the screen was looking too bright at night. Now I can't get it back.
*Glance screen works but I like to keep it in night time mode consistently using a Red font to save oled power and burn, it now displays only in white. Though it works better than it did previously. It actually turns on with motion instead of me blocking the sensor. I did turn it off in the extras area and turned it on in the new personalization settings.
*Sometimes when I tap on notifications they don't do anything and I have to go directly into the app. Thus far only noticed it on Line Messenger. And it only happens in scenarios where I already read the messages but I left app and just wanted to get into the chat quickly via the notification.

Overall it's running well. I think that it's worth staying on just because of the extra features. Edge runs way better now, action button configuration is definitely great. And the settings areas are so much cleaner and nicer.

The pros definitely outweigh the cons. I'll just figure something else out for the one App that has gone back to trial mode and use something else. I'll update if I come across anything new.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs