Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, I might have run into a bug that will force me to go back to stable: Toggling airplane mode seems to have disabled cellular data, even though the cellular data toggle shows 'on'. Trying to tap cellular data in Action center freezes the phone, had to hard reboot.

After restart, went to Settings > Network > Cellular & SIM gives a blank screen, windows button doesn't work. Hitting power turns off screen, hitting power again no longer turns on screen, but now the lock screen picture flashes briefly to life ever 5 or six seconds. Has been doing this for the past few minutes, no escape possible. Try a hard reboot again.

Second reboot, still no cellular data, try to tap cell data in action center -> frozen.

OK, I knew that Insider builds were risky, but after the bad Slow build I hope that we would get at least a semi stable Fast ring build to tide us over. Turns out this one is way worse, at least on my 950XL. Sadface. WDRT here I come, unless anyone here has some tips on how to revive cell data.

Edit: that's it, reflashing with WDRT. Goodbye Redstone, it was nice knowing ya.

Edit 2: ummmmm

View attachment 125153

Edit 3: well sh*t. This failed three times. The phone can successfully boot to this broken build, but WDRT is not able to place the device in recovery mode. Next try, device reset from within Redstone? Should I? Or more bugs ensue?

Edit 4: PC would still offer to eject phone, but phone file system no longer visible over USB. Looks like failed flashing killed USB connectivity. Removed SIM1, SIM2, uSD, and went to Settings > System > Reset. Seems like the only option. Staring at the ugly non-interlocking jerky cogs again. Gotta love MS attention to detail.

I had the blank screen problem too. This only happened for a while after the install. I think you need to give it time as it uses a lot of cpu for something it does. Likely indexing or hash comparisons. Not really sure. But it stopped after a while. When it went blank I just held power button till it restarted. I removed pin for about 8 hours so wasn't getting this problem. Now it seems to be back to normal. But yah always give it time before trying to fix things because it's just the nature of these new builds. Resetting just brings it back to the state where it needs time to do whatever it is doing. I would try hard reset only after a day while still experiencing issues.

My cellular data works fine but I never go to airplane mode I simply hit cellular toggle and wifi toggle to turn them off if I need.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would try hard reset only after a day while still experiencing issues.
Thanks, too late for me now. Thankfullythe reset from within the settings app works.

Wait... right now I'm staring at a "Windows 8.1 Terms of Use" screen on my 950XL. What .. the...

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely not seeing all of the mentioned issues on my L950. But the iris scanner is definitely unusable, had to turn it off. Also Glance is really flaky, I've found turning off the setting under Personalization and going back to the old one under Extras works much better. Must be a conflict, as it looks like they actually rebuilt the function/settings page rather than just moving the shortcut. Also, I did find for several hours after install everything was sluggish (first time I had ever seen "resuming" and "loading" on this phone, even for things like Cortana and Messaging app). But that all seems to resolve itself, things are fast again. Definitely some optimization happening within the OS for several hours after an update.

Overall I like the update, although it is surprising that it did make it through internal testing with a couple very obvious bugs. Perhaps no one using the Windows Hello iris scan internally?

I do like the changes to Actions and Notification Center. I was able to remove an entire row from the expanded action center view, I found there were too many toggles and made it look cluttered. The Edge improvements are very welcome as well. The camera button on the lockscreen is pointless for any phone that has a physical camera button though. In fact I find it annoying that the nav bar automatically shows on the lockscreen all the time now.

msmatis

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Please share your experience after hard-rest, I have same issue.

ok, so after hard reset and restore from backup is everything working just fine (for now). Cellular voice and data are up and running even after several airplane mode on/off tests. So far so good.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the following error code when trying to download apps from the store. Anyone know of a fix please?
0x80070005

evanwaustin

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else have their SMS messages get deleted?

Also, my notification center is wonky. If I choose the have the camera 'ON' my Bluetooth options goes 'OFF' happens for a lot of the options. Everytime I try and move them around, it crashes too. Might hard reset.

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Overall of Build 14322

Originally posted by Ammar Poonawala
Accessing camera from lock screen is good feature but i have noticed a bug.. If u open camera from lockscreen and click oN BACK button on ur phone.. It takes u directly to homescreen.. It does not ask for password to unlock.. Is anyone else having same issue?

Ok thats a terrible bug, free to access your info.....

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Day 2 and no real major issues for me so far and this is turning out to be a good build for my 640.

Only real problem is that Start seems to be draining the most battery so I wonder if they increased the frequency of live tile updates or something.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Day 2 for me. Turned off Iris Scan as that's not working at all. So far, everything else seems fine on my 950 XL. Havent had the lockscreen bug...........yet.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Accessing camera from lock screen is good feature but i have noticed a bug.. If u open camera from lockscreen and click oN BACK button on ur phone.. It takes u directly to homescreen.. It does not ask for password to unlock.. Is anyone else having same issue?

Ok thats a terrible bug, free to access your info.....

Not actually. It'll show homescreen only if the sign in option to ask password is set with some time. Make sure the option is set to ask password every time. You will not be taken to home screen.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else have their SMS messages get deleted?

Also, my notification center is wonky. If I choose the have the camera 'ON' my Bluetooth options goes 'OFF' happens for a lot of the options. Everytime I try and move them around, it crashes too. Might hard reset.

That's the famous server messages last sync bug, (search in forum) hoping they close it, it's lasting for weeks

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the following error code when trying to download apps from the store. Anyone know of a fix please?
0x80070005

I fixed this by removing payment cards from my ms account that were no longer valid (even though it was a free app I was trying to download)

Scott Haner

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
On 14322 on 950XL I'm seeing significantly increased battery drain, with screen on or off (very warm device) on WiFi only (Bluetooth and Data off), and no background apps open. A reboot seems to resolve it for a while, but it eventually picks up again. Until 14322 I have not had any battery issues on the fast ring yet. I posted it to the Feedback Hub as well. Agreeing with what was posted above, it looks like it's heavily the Start screen at 42% of the usage in my case, with the lock screen at 23%.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
On 14322 on 950XL I'm seeing significantly increased battery drain, with screen on or off (very warm device) on WiFi only (Bluetooth and Data off), and no background apps open. A reboot seems to resolve it for a while, but it eventually picks up again. Until 14322 I have not had any battery issues on the fast ring yet. I posted it to the Feedback Hub as well. Agreeing with what was posted above, it looks like it's heavily the Start screen at 42% of the usage in my case, with the lock screen at 23%.

Let it sync and cache a couple of days then please report, it should finish. Then check all background apps, disable unused and log out skype video. I noticed that on most phones on all builds

Last edited:

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
14322 just made me a Production build guy, anyone else?

After the 14322 release and all the problems I see, I've decided I'm tired of being a Guinea Pig... back to production circles...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750