Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
There are now 2 Glance Screen settings. Make sure the one in Extras is turned On. It is Off by default. Glance should then work as normal.....
This gets turned Off after a reboot, so turn it back On if you have to reboot.
Thanks, that helped :) It was off in the extras, weird having it in two places, but I'm sure they'll sort that out in the next builds. Now atleast one thing is back to normal :D

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if you are trolling... But if you are talking about Windows 10 on Mobiles there is already an official release and Redstone (aka anniversary update) is not set to hit the market for another couple of months and the Redstone-beta has not been running for 18 months or weeks.

Zebbie

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Windows Hello doesn't work anymore.
Glance doesn't work like it should be.
Cortana doesn't have a voice anymore and doesn't respond to my voice either.
Onedrive,messenger and tweetium doesn't open anymore.
Systems is lagging and batterydrain.
Double stuff in settingsmenu.

This build is a joke and surely not tested on a 950.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Update:
Unit keeps running unusually warm. Even if not doing anything like gaming.
I had one weird scenario where I went to task switcher and all the tasks turned black and unit froze. Rebooted but can't replicate.
Had to reboot 3 times to get continuum working this morning. It kept launching but the phone wouldn't go into the touchpad mode and apps weren't loading.

I find these to be minor annoyances though because I love the new features.

I do love that they are finally cleaning up settings and working on making them easier to navigate. Hated all the different spots you had to go to through links just to get to a setting. Hope they continue in this direction. I've been constantly pushing them in feedback to add icons to everything and they seem to be doing it.

So far nothing annoying enough to cause me to downgrade back to production. Though I miss windows hello. It was much faster for me than typing the pin. But I did improve recognition in many lighting scenarios and angles. I was even able to unlock from really odd angles and pretty far. If disabling it causes me to have to go and redo my recognition that will suck. As I did it in many scenarios even in my car with lots of sun shining in. Not while driving of course hehe.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Windows Hello doesn't work anymore.
Glance doesn't work like it should be.
Cortana doesn't have a voice anymore and doesn't respond to my voice either.
Onedrive,messenger and tweetium doesn't open anymore.
Systems is lagging and batterydrain.
Double stuff in settingsmenu.

This build is a joke and surely not tested on a 950.

Go back to production. Seriously, it's been stated we will be suffering from bugs. It's a matter of whether the good outweighs the bad. They do prevent really bad bugs from being sent out like the cellular bug they had previously. But if you can't handle some bugs that stay after a hard reset with no restore then you honestly shouldn't be an insider. You seem to be looking for the perfect build. But that's not how it works. The perfect build will be when it hits production.

I think that the builds will start coming in more often now that the anniversary update is scheduled to come in summer.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: First 24 hours with 14322 - I like it!

Install a transparent tiles app and use those shortcuts to see if they work.

They don't have shortcuts for all apps though so I still cannot use Bookviser.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I guess not, my battery drains off so fast! :unhappysweat:

Please, make a little forum search :(
Standard check list:

1 - disable Onedrive video ulploads
2 - disable Photo "Show Onedrive pics"
3 - complete procedure for logging out Skype Video
4 - check your background apps: now are all ON by default. Disable the ones you don't use, first Skype and Edge
5 - wait a couple of days till phone stop sync and caching

Last resource, after finishing everything change ring to Production to stop telemetry and auto issue reporting

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
14322 bugs

Ok. So I have an issue where all the system apps were updated in the store. Everything went well. Then in going to "my library" I installed my own apps. What has happened is that for some apps im seeing "pending" although the apps are already installed and working. Basically in the all apps list I can see the app installed and then the greyed out pending one. Anyone knows how to fix this issue?
2. Camera is no longer working. It opens but has a grey screen which states "restart your device" however the camera works if I install a lens. Been happening since 14322 update. Any fix for any of these issues?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I was traveling last week, so a little late to the party. After updating my DS-950XL-USA this morning I see some improvements and fixes in areas, and experiencing just some of the minor annoyances previously stated (but, none of the major bugs - yet!). As of this moment, I personally think I have netted more Pros, than Cons...and definitely no deal breakers!

Time will tell.

Rimaz Flyil

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I have experienced some weird stuff in my phone today i have a Lumia 950 XL Running 14322 Build . from the day i install this build windows hello stop working . the iris scanner start looking for me after i lock the screen not when i was unlocking the screen . today it was so weird that i couldn't unlock the phone my screen is black and iris red light is keep blinking and no button was working . and my screen start flickering so i have to take the battery off and turn it on again to work .

then after an hour my phone is in my pocket and i think i received and email and my phone start vibrating without stopping and i cant even unlock my phone no buttons were working and screen is black . again i have to take off the battery and switched on the phone .

now i remove windows hello function and i hope i wont get any other problem .. and i hope will get an update soon to fix this issues . because i though my phone is dead today .

eechan

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
so glad I have a spare 640 picked up when it was on sale for $30 to play around. 14295 was semi horrible in that a lot of apps wouldn't work if it resided on an SD card. Moving it into internal memory for some reason got them to work. But in 14322 even that didn't work for these apps :(

A reset was a big mistake because for some reason the Store started queuing up the non-Windows 10 store version of apps that put them into a pending install state and there's no way to clear them out.

WDRT time and back to the slow ring releases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos