Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody.
Someone having problems with app updates? I've got a whole lot of downloads failing because of error 0x80073cf6. No matter what I do (Pause all, Restart all, Press X and try again), the update process fails. Most of the apps are from Microsoft / MSN but some of them are not.
Is there a workaround?

can you install one at a time?

Ammar Poonawala

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I also have two apps that wont work anymore, and after uninstall and re-install, they are stuck in the "Queue" with no button to cancel the install.
Also, facebook messenger doesnt start as a standalone app, but starts when I click the icon in the facebook app.

crappy build

Install transparent tile maker app..then pin FB messenger icon though that app.. This will work for all the apps that are not opening

wizaard

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree with a lot of people here, this build is really poor. I understand it is the most significant Redstone update so far and I don't mind "standard" bugs however, this build made by L930 basically useless mostly due to: 1) Serious heating and battery consumption (96% battery depleted in 5 hours at night in airplane mode), 2) Flight mode basically doesn't work for me (the phone keeps turning on WiFi whenever it likes).

Right now I am getting back to Slow ring. Redstone - at this point - is really only for real testers.

kwazie harry

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
The Bugs I've experienced so far

Using a Lumia 640XL

-My OneDrive started uploading older pictures for no reason, I had to sign out of my photos app and Disable Pictures upload on the onedrive app. The OneDrive app itself took a million years to open after several reboots.

- WiFi stopped working after I toyed with my flashlight, wonder how that is related. I even got a lightning ⚡ and spinning cog wheel after several attempts to fix this. Miraculously just started working again. I almost went nuts after this.

-Bluetooth stack still messing up, breaks up once in a while.

-WP 8.1 Apps don't work. Even after moving to phone memory like I did in the last build. WhatsApp, 6Tag etc fall into this category, my most used apps 😢

-Battery drainage 👇👇👇

Other than the listed issues, which seems a lot especially the apps not opening part (which drives me nuts) I like what this brings to the table.

And I just can't WDRT, cos I like it here

buddler

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
When i click the power button to unlock my phone the screen stays black for some time and sometimes i am lucky enough to get to lock screen but sometimes i have to soft reset the device. And this problem repeats all the time. Is this some known bug or..? Any solution?

Same problem here (Lumia 1520). Seems like the phone completely crashed since the alarm did not work in the morning.

Other problems: nearly every second app crashes on start (especially my geocaching app), ridiculous wordflow word recognition

Charliefr3sh

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Here are some issues I'm facing on a Lumia 1520
- Mobile network totally killed, cannot search for networks manually...gets stuck on the "hang on screen"
- App crashes......oh App Crashes! Only 8 out of a total of 100+ apps work without crashing. No third party browser works, all my games don't work, even some 1st party apps that come with the rom crash
- Autocorrect correcting words unnecessarily, i.e crashes gets autocorrected to crashed....a lot of my words get corrected, i have to manually correct them back and sometimes it autocorrects to words that do not make any grammatical sense

-to be continued

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Whats wrong with Build 14322 for mobile? well...

There's a tricky solution where you can remove them if you pause them all.
Basically you pick another app that you don't have to install. As soon as it starts to install others will try too, pick pause all, them you can remove them by choosing the X mark.
It's a hassle but if you have OCD it's worth it :)

TheLoveColector

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site

There's a tricky solution where you can remove them if you pause them all.
Basically you pick another app that you don't have to install. As soon as it starts to install others will try too, pick pause all, them you can remove them by choosing the X mark.
It's a hassle but if you have OCD it's worth it :)
Thanks, but they are stuck in there not wanting to update or anything no buttons or an X

mikewarner

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Like the majority of the comments on here I too am having problems with this build. Indeed, It does appear, at least to me, that it's in a worse state than the previous release. Now, I understand it's an Insider release and it's prone to being buggy - that's what we're signed up for after all - but it certainly appears that 2016 build releases have been relatively poor. I look more at the QA/testing side than the coding side - there will be bugs in code that are unseen or unexpected. What would be expected is some reasonable form of QA/testing that finds the relatively simple errors (as everyone has commented on and including apps not working, inconsistency with Glance screen working, Wifi issues, etc, etc.) and either fixes that issue or pulls the build to do some more work. Yes, we Insiders are a line of QA/testing but I get the impression we seem to be the only line. I find it strange that Microsoft actually release a build that has so many issues that are so easy to trigger or spot and which does beg the question "what QA/testing does Microsoft do?".

The inconsistencies and problems with the last 2-3 builds has me now seriously considering whether or not to be an Insider on Fast build. As a software veteran for over 30 years it's not something I'd considered previously as I want to provide input to a process but it does seem that Microsoft has pushed the ball into our court too much and stepped back from providing a big chunk of the QA/testing process themselves.

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
These preview builds make no sense in the way they act. When I first installed this build, it sucked. Apps would crash, it was slow, tiles were blank, and it randomly rebooted 5 times in the first 24 hours. Now it runs pretty well. No reboots, it has sped up, and tiles are not blank (took about 2 days for them to show up).

Is there a reason why these become more stable over time? I don't get it.

theboyknowsclass

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I don't use 6Tag that app much but I have it installed. I tried to run it and it insta-crashes. Then I removed it and reinstalled. No joy. Even after a reboot, it only rests on the splash screen and you can watch the battery steadily deplete. Yikes. I'm not going to worry too much about it since I don't use it much but its good to know if I need to, I have space to install on my phone. Maybe in the next build, it'll be corrected.

I;m having the exact same Messenger issue when installing on my phone (not SD card)

locodice

May 14, 2014
Visit site
My issues on my 930 are :
1)I cant open onedrive,messenger,padlock and a couple of more apps(only if i find them form the store)
2)Cant swipe while music info is on top of screen
3)High battery drain
4)Sometimes random restarts

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
These preview builds make no sense in the way they act. When I first installed this build, it sucked. Apps would crash, it was slow, tiles were blank, and it randomly rebooted 5 times in the first 24 hours. Now it runs pretty well. No reboots, it has sped up, and tiles are not blank (took about 2 days for them to show up).

Is there a reason why these become more stable over time? I don't get it.

That's encouraging.
I say everyone a phone is like a notebook: needs a couple of days for sync and caching, but with last build I had not hopes :(

Joao Guerreiro

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Guys I really need your help. My phone (Lumia 640XL 14322) got into a reboot loop. I'm trying to use windows device recovery tool but can't because it always reboots during the operation. I don't know what to do anymore more...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Guys I really need your help. My phone (Lumia 640XL 14322) got into a reboot loop. I'm trying to use windows device recovery tool but can't because it always reboots during the operation. I don't know what to do anymore more...

First try a soft reset (vol down + power 15 secs).

If doesn't stop, try pluggin and unpluggin usb / charger

If doesn't work again it remains the hard reset key sequence :

plug phone, hold power + vol up till appears the ! mark then release button and press the sequence vol up, vol down, power, vol down one by one.
Phone must enter in spinning gear status, and install again build cleanly

Joao Guerreiro

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
First try a soft reset (vol down + power 15 secs).

If doesn't stop, try pluggin and unpluggin usb / charger

If doesn't work again it remains the hard reset key sequence :

plug phone, hold power + vol up till appears the ! mark then release button and press the sequence vol up, vol down, power, vol down one by one.
Phone must enter in spinning gear status, and install again build cleanly

Went straight to the hard reset sequence since I've tried the rest. When I hold the power + vol up the phone just reboots without showing the ! mark, no matter how long I hold the buttons.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok try unpluggin. Replug when ! appears.
Elsewhere I'm missin something, try googlin Lumia hard reset sequence
I'm old , my memory makes tricks sometimes :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99