Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

MorganRW

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
There was a time when I could use "Fast Ring" on my 950L daily driver and have little or no issues. With this last release I am seeing that this is no longer the case. This last release seems to be pretty unpolished. Hey I know that I signed up for this so I blame nobody as I understand the spirit and risk of being part of this program. But the issues I have received on this last round are show stoppers. New Glance program conflicting with the old glance app that was not removed. Iris looking for my eyes when I lock the screen which keeps it in this endless unlocking loop. Apps installing multiple times with one listed as "pending". Not being able to rename the phone as it ignores everything other than "windows phone". The AT&T apps that keep reinstalling themselves even after I uninstall them. And yes I reset the phone and did not reinstall the backup and the problems persist. Again I am not angry as I knew what I was signing up for. I am now using the recovery program to roll me back to production. I uninstalled windows insider and because there is a greyed out copy of it listed as pending that refuses to load or install in the store now. In fact every app I install in the store now shows a duplicate "pending" in both the store and my app list and there is nothing I can do with them. I may give insider one more go but if this does not work, I may just stick to production going forward.

MACRM32

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
This last build has my phone going haywire. I don't remember a Fast build being this messy since the 101xx last summer.

Amongst other things, I have Glance issues, battery drain, screen not always turning on when pressing the button, phone locking up when getting a notification and constantly vibrating...

This last build is terrible compared to the previous one! I wonder what happened, OneCore maybe?

Bright side though, picture quality seems better, post processing doesn't muck the saturation and sharpness up.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
My short list of apps that no longer seem to work on the latest Redstone build(s).

• CamScanner
  • Office Lens
  • ProShot
  • Rift Authenticator
  • Microsoft's Translator

So basically just about any app that interfaces to the camera other than the default Camera app from Microsoft.

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
SO who else can not get Netflix to work? It's been almost a month, and they havent fixed it. Not sure if it's a Redstone issue or just w10m issue. Looking at app reviews, there are at least a few people who were pissed off enough to revise their ratings on the app.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a few apps that won't start up (will check on fixing those) but wow CORTANA seems to be working good again!
Since the last update or two Cortana has become worse!
For a month or so now Cortana would force close on me several times before finally responding and doing what I asked.

After this update I tried HEY CORTANA and it has actually worked every time and it worked quickly.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I just did a soft reset and apps like VK and MESSENGER (for Facebook) will open to a black screen then force close after about 5 seconds.

I'll try to uninstall and re install.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Messenger just took about 4 tries to install without an error but it finally went (might have needed to wait for another app to finish).
VK app also re installed.
DANG! Both apps are still broke

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Well, it seems like after a week of stability. My 640 xl wont do a damn thing. Phone reboots after sitting for a couple of minutes. I don't get it. I'm plugged in for a recovery. Christ MS. Get your **** in order. And it did it again for the fifth time. Recovery here I come. Bye bye preview builds.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I have lumia 535 and I experience most of what you said except that of the back/camera button

I use SIM 1 for texting, after few hours it stop working, even after restart it doesn't work, after hard-rest it work for few hours then same issue, can you please share your experience about texting on this build?

e94mli

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It stopped receiving text messages for me as well. After reboot it resumes. Hard reset made didn't help and all old messages were lost since restore from backup seems to fail for messages. Gives an error during restore saying it failed to restore everything and the only thing missing seems to be text messages.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It stopped receiving text messages for me as well. After reboot it resumes. Hard reset made didn't help and all old messages were lost since restore from backup seems to fail for messages. Gives an error during restore saying it failed to restore everything and the only thing missing seems to be text messages.

Backup saves you app list and config. Messages are separated saved always OneDrive via MS server NOT using settings Backup, but Messages Backup during everyday use There are faulty days for it since weeks
Better using Contact+Messages for a phisycal backup

e94mli

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Backup saves you app list and config. Messages are separated saved always OneDrive via MS server NOT using settings Backup, but Messages Backup during everyday use There are faulty days for it since weeks
Better using Contact+Messages for a phisycal backup

Thanks, good to know. First build where I've been forced to hard reset, since the beginning of insider, so I haven't used backup restore before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb