Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

kjmcintosh

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, It is appalling. MS get a grip of your QC. I know we are beta testing but this is a joke. You're breaking more things than you fix.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
SO who else can not get Netflix to work? It's been almost a month, and they havent fixed it. Not sure if it's a Redstone issue or just w10m issue. Looking at app reviews, there are at least a few people who were pissed off enough to revise their ratings on the app.

Netflix is one of the few apps that is still working for me, though a few weeks back I had to uninstall it and then re-install it to get it working again.

e94mli

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, It is appalling. MS get a grip of your QC. I know we are beta testing but this is a joke. You're breaking more things than you fix.
I don't think it is a problem with the MS QC it is more a case of "be careful what you ask for...". So many people have been asking for faster and faster releases of builds and MS caved, this is the result.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it is a problem with the MS QC it is more a case of "be careful what you ask for...". So many people have been asking for faster and faster releases of builds and MS caved, this is the result.

Insider builds (specially the slow ring) used to be somewhat stable on the basics, but with the new builds even the basics are broken (messaging, calling, cellular data etc), more people will turn away from insider builds for sure

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Insider builds (specially the slow ring) used to be somewhat stable on the basics, but with the new builds even the basics are broken (messaging, calling, cellular data etc), more people will turn away from insider builds for sure

If you read the disclaimer under Slow Ring, you'll find "There will be more solution to build iussues than Fast".
Build are always the same but released in different times, so you as Insider you 'll find more solutions in Insiders community due to passing days.
Another thing are the core apps, in the meantime they could be updated to fix

DoDeH1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
On Lumia 640 LTE even if the delivery confirmation for SMS is enabled I still don't receive the confirmation.
I've tried soft and hard reset, enable and disable the confirmation option. The SMS center number is correct.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
They discover bugs during their in-house testing, but having insiders do testing on a buggy build provides more telemetry and assists them in "locating" the source of the bugs so that they can be fixed faster than if they just kept the bad stuff in-house. That's one reason I'm sticking to fast ring, I want the Anniversary Update to be sooner rather than later.

Then again, I'm the type of Insider that can tolerate a certain number of bugs more than most, as long as the mobile hotspot is working, as it is my only source of Internet at home. Even then, I have a backup phone I can stick the SIM into to keep me going if necessary. I'm retired, so the phone not working at maximum potential isn't a critical issue for me as it is for most people.

Yes, this build has been rough, but I've actually seen much worse in the past that actually was a deal breaker for me. Well, worse is relative. Different people have different priorities for what is a deal-breaking bug. For me, I have to have quiet hours, mobile hotspot, cellular, wi-fi, call notification, text notifications, and I'm good. I haven't gotten email notifications in a while, but that's okay. I'll survive that until it is fixed. I'm retired... I don't need to check my mail more than once per day anyway. ;)

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Overall of Build 14322

I installed 14322 on my Lumia 950 XL DS. Bugs i noticed so far:
- Bluetooth audio volume was very low and could not be incresed twice. (when connected to BMW audio system)
- Connectivity problem yesterday: After bluetooth was connected, it automatically disconnected after few seconds. Restarted the phone to fix it.

So, still a few bugs.

I updated my phone to this branch and traded BMWs last week so I am not sure if my bluetooth issues are due to the redstone update, the new car or both; though I am leaning towards the phone since my 4 year old galaxy note 2 works fine in the car. Cortana and reading/dictating texts over bluetooth probably fails at least half the time. Bluetooth calls with unusable audio happen about 10% of the time time and is usually fixed with a restart of the phone. The redstone update was supposed to have bluetooth fixes in it but I haven't seen it so far.

ceno666

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

wp_ss_20160419_0001.png

I get all installed apps duplicated and sitting in the download queue, no hard reset helps...just installed the build again from scratch...is there a way to get rid of this?
The apps itself are running fine.

sankar_k

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Cons of this version 14322 is apps for example if u install windows central App or any others apps on the device it is installing and showing 2 times in the Alphabetical order ..Application are not getting uninstalled and if we want to re install the uninstall application we need to reset the phone ...pls rectify this big bug...

MorganRW

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I am getting this too. I did a full system restore and then ramped back up to this version. The key is to install all apps before you upgrade. It appears that any app installed once you are on this version get this error.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Indeed, I had/have a problem with Simple Calendar not working on this build (along with several other apps), I tried uninstalling and re-installing it, and although it did re-install, it's left it in the download queue as well... and it still doesn't work! Left it at that, and just hope the next build comes out quite soon.

Masud parvez3

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Cellular & sim doesn't open after turning on/restart on my dual sim 640xl and phone hangs if try to toggle cellular from action center. Figured a solution for this. Remove sim from slot 2. Turn on the phone leaving sim 2 slot blank. Open cellular and sim. Now turn off again and put sim 2 and turn on with both sim.
The other thing that doesn't work well on my device are double tap to wake (some times work, sometimes doesn't), glance screen censor doesn't work , pending app in store downloads and updates queue (can't install or uninstall) etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb