Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Live tiles stop working after a while; Outlook and Calendar are the main culprits. Gotta resize them for them to start working, and I only noticed this when the date displayed on Calendar was like, three days behind.

Benji Gledhill

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
When i first started playing around with it on my 930 i actually thought it was quite smooth, as in navigating menues, typing etc.
But other than that it's horrible, ridiculous battery drain, even before this build i was getting no more than 15 hours light use (i barely you it when i'm at work) but now even doing nothing by lunchtime it's time to charge ! the phone also get's very hot, reminds me of when i first got it in august and had one of the preview builds on from then
Data keeps getting lost for some reason
I can't sign in in messaging, so no sms backup, when i press "sign in" nothing happens (i think this was like this on the previous build also)
don't know about the app or store problems
occasionally i can't unlock the phone, the screen doesn't turn on

Also it makes a different sound when i vibrates, actually sounds like a hardware problem but i didn't drop and has been doing it since the day i woke up after the update.

Other than that i noticed a few new things, in data settings you can now set to "3g only" (i noticed that from last build) and "3g & 4g" only

arrowrand

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this is the worst build I've seen in some time. I know we were warned that things were going to change, but this is too much change too fast, and none of it is good.

I'm rolling back to go to Threshold.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Is anyone getting a problem with apps reinstalling and sticking at "pending?" Is there a solution to this?

I used the fix widely report by others here in the threads. 1) go to store, download any app, when it starts to download, hit "pause all", wait a couple of seconds, hit "install all". Worked great for me.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Well I just used the build for 24 hours and sent some feedback and now I will have to now do use the recovery tool because too many apps are not working including facebook messenger which I use daily.

Also ONE DRIVE was working at first then also force closes a few seconds after trying to launch it.

I did do a full reset after the install and did not do a backup restore ( as I never do).

Lumia 950XL

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]At base, this thread is supposed to be about helping diagnose and workaround bugs in the Redstone builds.

Help threads are the worst place to start arguments. Members and guests come to threads like this to keep their devices running. Not to hear your opinion whether it is pro or con.

Discuss the bugs and the solutions. That's it.

Opinions on the direction of the build and who should be on Insider do not belong here. If you are not helping diagnose and counter bugs, you are part of the problem. Your posts will be deleted.

This is a no fire zone. Accept that.[/WARN]

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I used the fix widely report by others here in the threads. 1) go to store, download any app, when it starts to download, hit "pause all", wait a couple of seconds, hit "install all". Worked great for me.

Captain, thank you for the tip...this worked like a champ on an app that has been stuck for 3 days...cheers!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Captain, Sorry reacted too soon...they are back in Pending, and Grayed out {]:(...

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Something I have noticed on my 950XL, is that any updates I have received for an App that was previously installed before .322 downloads and updates without a hitch. On the other hand, any NEW App I installed after .322 - is installing, but! are hanging (pending and grayed out in ALL APPS & Queued in the Store)???

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
And so the latest problem is that the Outlook Mail live tile has stopped working, I realise that resizing the tile may well solve it, just didn't want the other guy that reported the same issue to feel lonely. Bring on the next Redstone build asap.

Update: Resizing the tile made no difference, the false number of outstanding unread emails is also on the lockscreen. So whatever the issue is, it's affecting both lockscreen and live tile, both show 11 unread mails, but the 11 emails it's referring to have already been deleted after I read them earlier.

JCDiederiks

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Running build 14322 on my Lumia 930 and the main issues are double entries in apps list (downloaded and faded out pending), app updates in app store do not disapper once app has downloaded, unresponsive screen on odd occasions (in menu), and massive battery drain (when I check battery use it shows 'Start' 110% and my battery goes from full to dead in 4 hours while in standby!!! am guessing Start is the start screen?? not sure) so this build is a big step back (for the 930 at least).... pity

JCDiederiks

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Day 2 and no real major issues for me so far and this is turning out to be a good build for my 640.

Only real problem is that Start seems to be draining the most battery so I wonder if they increased the frequency of live tile updates or something.

yip on my 930 Start is using 110% (didnt know that was even possible) of my battery in Battery use... phone goes from fully charged to dead in 4 hours, while in standby...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
yip on my 930 Start is using 110% (didnt know that was even possible) of my battery in Battery use... phone goes from fully charged to dead in 4 hours, while in standby...

Follow the checklist:

Logout video skype
disable all background apps you don't need (except Messages, Alarms, Ondedrive and some others)
Disable OneDrive video upload and Photo showing onedrive only pics
Select One month in Messages sync
Disable Edge Sync

Last, move to Production ring for stopping telemetry. In a couple of days, phone will go better and better

JCDiederiks

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I agree with a lot of people here, this build is really poor. I understand it is the most significant Redstone update so far and I don't mind "standard" bugs however, this build made by L930 basically useless mostly due to: 1) Serious heating and battery consumption (96% battery depleted in 5 hours at night in airplane mode), 2) Flight mode basically doesn't work for me (the phone keeps turning on WiFi whenever it likes).

Right now I am getting back to Slow ring. Redstone - at this point - is really only for real testers.

I have the same issues on my 930, really hope they get sorted fast!! I wanted to give Windows a chance but am really disappointed by how unstable and how many basic functionality issues remain....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon