Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

JCDiederiks

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Follow the checklist:

Logout video skype
disable all background apps you don't need (except Messages, Alarms, Ondedrive and some others)
Disable OneDrive video upload and Photo showing onedrive only pics
Select One month in Messages sync
Disable Edge Sync

Last, move to Production ring for stopping telemetry. In a couple of days, phone will go better and better

thanks, but how does one go back to the Production build?

JCDiederiks

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
perfect! just spotted your comment! I seem to be getting errors but ill keep trying! I was about to hard reset and this I believe was causing my battery drain issues!

Update: ok I spoke too soon!

looks like its removed them from the store but now I have 1 installed and another pending i.e. duplicated in the all app list!

I'm wondering if this is the battery drain issue I have. I may just turn the store off (no background activity) to see if this removes the battery drain for now and wait to see if the next update fixes this bug!

update 2: looks like going back to store those apps were there again! so did the same. they all cleared again! but this time the duplicate pending app had disappeared! so first time it may not have worked as I had deleted the installed 1 of the 2 in the list! the app I used to pause all and resume all I managed to pause on its own and then cancel install.

the apps now cleared of the "pending" I just uninstalled as normal! this is probably the biggest issue I have had since the start screen loading.... bug about 9 months ago!

my battery dies from fully charged to dead in 5 hours in standby, checked Battery and apps use in Battery setting, Start (imagine that it refers to the Start screen) has a serious bug, using 112% of battery according to app use, had 110% earlier today now phone dead for 2nd time after full charge due to 'Start' usage...

Dave Scarpa

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am and I think its causing a massive battery drain leading to the 950 being dead in 2 hours, and getting very warm. I did a reset while i was at this version, how do i do a resert and go back to the previous fast ring version ?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
New build way better. No issues so far, even managed to clear the stuck downloads, and all failing apps and iris scanner now working again. Bunny = Happy.

Dave Scarpa

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am and I think its causing a massive battery drain leading to the 950 being dead in 2 hours, and getting very warm. I did a reset while i was at this version, how do i do a resert and go back to the previous fast ring version ?

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
New build way better. No issues so far, even managed to clear the stuck downloads, and all failing apps and iris scanner now working again. Bunny = Happy.

I concur. But early days yet. Might put me off Android for a little while longer. I think Redstone will be great when finished. Would love to try out Messaging from Anywhere but I'm afraid to go Insider on my PC!

DenMag

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Seeing some of the issues listed in the Known Issues, but have been unable to rename my phone from 'Windows Phone'. Everytime I tap the Save button, it just takes me back to the About screen without any update.
L640XL

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I've had quite a few issues with this build myself but I've properly and efficiently recorded and reported all of them back to Microsoft. Hopefully most of them have been fixed or at least improved with today's update but I haven't done enough testing yet to find out. Overall I really like the improvements I just hope Microsoft 1) Keeps them coming non-stop and 2) Polishes Redstone before official rollout.

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The image was fixed on the Glance screen, but now is not "glance-able." Should be able to hover my screen and have it wake. Did fix the stuck Store apps, but only if you do a work-around of installing a new app and pausing all before it downloads completely. That was on Desktop and on Mobile. However, apps, like Tweetium, that crashed or would not open still do.

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I had this in the last build, and discovered that for some reason, the language I had switched to (Canadian English, eh) suddenly showed it needed attention. I removed it and returned to US English (duh) and my Band 2 still synced and the keyboard Word Flow returned. Try checking if you need to re-download your language.

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Getting an update now, no idea what it is. Phone is going through a full install.

And I am now running .14237.

14322 sure didn't last long

640XL DS

And it sucks just as bad as 14322. Actually, it's worse. Much worse. At least for me.

SD Card issues are still there, Netflix still will not launch, FB Messenger now works, not a single app on my SD Card will work. They show up, but are darkened out and dont launch. edit: wait, they are slowly starting to work one by one ( it is very slow though, may be able to access all my apps sometime tomorrow.. Phone refuses to connect to my computer. Store DL's and Updates still does not clear after installing or updating apps. So, i can't re download any app that is listed in my queue. How does this get overlooked? And why in gods name is there not a way to manually remove these? Also can not move apps from phone storage to sd card. Getting error: 0x80073d0b
Edit: Found a work around for the store queue bug, you have to find a qr code, scan it, and a download will then start.

Last edited:

JCDiederiks

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
the new 14327 build doesn't seem to address many of the main issues though... store issues not dealt with, massive battery drain (the one of the big ones, not sorted etc.) Tried adjusting the settings as mentioned earlier in the thread to assist with the battery drain but nothing helped, still have massive battery usage under 'Start', which is the start screen I guess.

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
the new 14327 build doesn't seem to address many of the main issues though... store issues not dealt with, massive battery drain (the one of the big ones, not sorted etc.) Tried adjusting the settings as mentioned earlier in the thread to assist with the battery drain but nothing helped, still have massive battery usage under 'Start', which is the start screen I guess.
Yep. I am disgusted with these preview builds.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My battery goes from 100 to 50 in 3 hours time while it's locked. Im not even using it. That's not okay. (950XL)

Follow the checklist:

1 - log out video skype
2 - disable all background apps you don't need (leave Messages, Phone, Alarms, ect)
3 - Disable Edge sync
4 - Disable Onedrive video upload
5 - Disable in Photo "Show Onedrive pics "
6 - In Settings -> Diagnostic, set level to base

..a little "search" button in forums ;)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa