Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Follow the checklist:

1 - log out video skype
2 - disable all background apps you don't need (leave Messages, Phone, Alarms, ect)
3 - Disable Edge sync
4 - Disable Onedrive video upload
5 - Disable in Photo "Show Onedrive pics "
6 - In Settings -> Diagnostic, set level to base

..a little "search" button in forums ;)

you can add disable wifi/cellular when not needed

Clamdigger63

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had a bug in the latest build and the previous one. When you open the keyboard up to enter text it doesn't show you the text as you are typing it.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't use headphones very often on my phone, but I happened to last night, then this morning noticed that it still thought I was using headphones, so I couldn't adjust the volume for media and apps like I normally would as it was showing the headphone volume instead.. A restart sorted it, but just thought I'd share. Overall, a much better build than last weeks one though.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I prefer leaving them on, so I can pick all free wifi spot during outdoor. Wifi must get priority in carrier data when possible (exept huge uploads, like videos....)
Cell data better leaving due to backup service for messages / WA / etc

that is assuming free wifi is mostly available wherever you go. Where I am the only "free" wifi available is in coffee houses and restaurants where you have to be a customer to use their wifi. So my wifi and cellular are always off. The only time I use wifi is when I'm at home or at a place with free wifi which is maybe once a week

dellu1234

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I was facing the same blank tile issue since windows phone 8.0 on my previous lumia 720. Now I am using lumia 640, still the issue persist on windows 10 mobile build .218. I think this cannot be resolved, might be born with it. I tried redstone buils too and it was a nightmare.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I was facing the same blank tile issue since windows phone 8.0 on my previous lumia 720. Now I am using lumia 640, still the issue persist on windows 10 mobile build .218. I think this cannot be resolved, might be born with it. I tried redstone buils too and it was a nightmare.

I haven't seen the blank tile issue on any of the newer builds, one reason could be because i always hard reset after every major build.

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Follow the checklist:

1 - log out video skype
2 - disable all background apps you don't need (leave Messages, Phone, Alarms, ect)
3 - Disable Edge sync
4 - Disable Onedrive video upload
5 - Disable in Photo "Show Onedrive pics "
6 - In Settings -> Diagnostic, set level to base

..a little "search" button in forums ;)
Shouldn't have to do any of this. Preview build or not. There are some unqualified people working on Redstone preview builds. Every one of them has been awful.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Shouldn't have to do any of this. Preview build or not. There are some unqualified people working on Redstone preview builds. Every one of them has been awful.

They are previews and should be viewed as that. Many releases are 'alpha' at best, with bugs, unusual behaviour and general incompleteness. They are not meant for daily drivers. The T&C's for the insider preview program, which we all have to accept, clearly state the risks etc.

Have you reported your issues using the insider feedback? It is these reports that highlight issues experienced so that they can be looked into.

As for unqualified, I cannot agree, nor disagree, as I have no idea how to program. I would have to assume that they know what they are doing as the release builds are pretty good.

kr33m0

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have issues after reinstalling what's app on this build? Mine does not show new messages unless I open the app and then they all pop up! Tried reinstalling several times. Also, is Cortana having a difficult time with answering your requests or even being available?

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
They are previews and should be viewed as that. Many releases are 'alpha' at best, with bugs, unusual behaviour and general incompleteness. They are not meant for daily drivers. The T&C's for the insider preview program, which we all have to accept, clearly state the risks etc.

Have you reported your issues using the insider feedback? It is these reports that highlight issues experienced so that they can be looked into.

As for unqualified, I cannot agree, nor disagree, as I have no idea how to program. I would have to assume that they know what they are doing as the release builds are pretty good.
Yes I report everything. But, if they want people to use these builds and test them out for them, some of the basic stuff that works totally fine on the production w10m and hasn't had anything added to it or changed SHOULD NOT have an issue in the preview build.

I understand new features, app upgrades, new apps, most likely will have issues. It's when a perfectly working app that has not been changed suddenly doesn't work. That's my issue. Cortana hasn't worked right in the last few builds. MSN sports and news have not changed, but they don't work. The last build killed my SD Card. As soon as my phone rebooted, my SD Card needed scan and fixed. The phones built in error fixer thingy, whatever. Did not fix it. I can't format it. Nothing works, disk management wont fix it. Nothing will. For some reason it keeps saying that the disk is in use in another program, which it isn't.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
The issues with the TP program are indeed, very frustrating. That's why I stay away. There never seems to be rhyme or reason to the bugs as some report one bug and another will report something different, but the others report works fine on theirs. Very confusing. I would guess that when it is previewed for release to insiders, MS use a bare bones device. I have no idea as to why you have to reset after an update, but it seems that is still required.

I do understand your frustrations. For me, Cortana doesn't work, and hasn't worked properly AT ALL on any W10M, from TP's through to .218. Outlook keeps saying my settings are out of date, it takes an age for things like Bluetooth to switch off, WiFi etc. Yet others have no issues. Arrrgghhh

Let's hope the Redstone branch starts to come together before we all go nuts!

Kingnaoufal

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
My phone has a super annoying issue

The screen blacks out and it vibrate for 2 or 3 minutes before restart :(
Anyone has the same issue? Or solution to solve it

Lumia 930
version 1511
Os build: 10.0.14327.1000
Firmware revision number:
Hardware revision number: 2.0.0.2
Chip SOC version: 8974

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My phone has a super annoying issue

The screen blacks out and it vibrate for 2 or 3 minutes before restart :(
Anyone has the same issue? Or solution to solve it

Lumia 930
version 1511
Os build: 10.0.14327.1000
Firmware revision number:
Hardware revision number: 2.0.0.2
Chip SOC version: 8974

Soft reset: hold vol down + power till screen goes black or count 15 secs then release

WPhoner

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I actually got so tired of the buggyness of the previous build that I restored a backup I had made back in November (no Idea of the build number)
after that it updated right up to 14322 without a hitch and is pretty solid now. I haven't had an app NOT install, which was driving me nuts, and while sometimes there are issues with apps launching, there are way less of them failing.

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi. Im currently on build 10586.218 with my lumia 925 and im on the insider release preview mode. Is it faster to be in the fast ring mide since im not getting the latest preview builds. I would like to test the new sms funktions :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Im currently on build 10586.218 with my lumia 925 and im on the insider release preview mode. Is it faster to be in the fast ring mide since im not getting the latest preview builds. I would like to test the new sms funktions :)

You can't, I'm sorry, for now only Windows 10 eligible phones can try Redstone. All others can use Threshold

Jun De Peralta

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
You can't, I'm sorry, for now only Windows 10 eligible phones can try Redstone. All others can use Threshold

Yeah... we 925 or *20 users are now considered 2nd class citizens and of no import to MS. other than the 1520 all other *20 series phones are being snubbed by MS as low end phones that are not capable of running windows 10 with no problems.

So you have 2 options... either get a new windows phone or wait and pray.... or third... jump ship...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99