.14322 and iris scan is messed

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
The new build pretty much makes iris scan useless. I turned on the lock screen, the iris scanning popped up for about 0.1 second then disappeared. I have to pulled down notification area, close it to make iris scanning show up.

If the screen is turned of because of idle, the scanner's red light is on.

I have seen many people complained it.

I have Lumia 950XL.

Last edited:

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Same on 950. There are already at least 6 entries in the feedback hub all in the past hour. Please upvote. Surprised this was missed during testing.
I still see the "Windows Hello is preventing some options..." Message on the sign in options screen too.

Has anyone tried a hard reset?

mrmobileperformance

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Same on 950. There are already at least 6 entries in the feedback hub all in the past hour. Please upvote. Surprised this was missed during testing.
I still see the "Windows Hello is preventing some options..." Message on the sign in options screen too.

Has anyone tried a hard reset?

I think the Windows 10 Mobile developer team let themselves be rushed by their managers. Build 14322 has a lot of bugs, at least Edge doesn't accumulate useless tabs in memory anymore.

Sent from mTalk

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Same. Windows Hello no longer usable. Tried resetting a IRIS profile also did not work. It just gets stuck on the initial set up screen, does not read eyes. Actually I think this was a problem since last build, but at least it was still working.

This problem, along with Band 2 still unable to sync and messenger does not launch kinda drag this build down pretty bad... Too bad because it does have lots of new features and neat UI changes, some things also seem smoother and faster.

Wookieekiller

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
It does read your eye on the setup screen it just doesn't show the progress, and yeah it did the same thing on last build. But you can still set up iris even though it doesn't work now :p

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
950XL users, weird one - try putting your hand over the top sensors. I do this through the day to get my glance screen up [have a 30 sec timeout] - now when i do this, it sets the iris scanner off!

So my Hello works, but only if i swipe my hand over the sensor first.......

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
950XL users, weird one - try putting your hand over the top sensors. I do this through the day to get my glance screen up [have a 30 sec timeout] - now when i do this, it sets the iris scanner off!

So my Hello works, but only if i swipe my hand over the sensor first.......

Again the sensor bug messing up Glance and friends.... ? :(

da1stprince

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by da1stprince
Originally posted by david90531
Same. Windows Hello no longer usable. Tried resetting a IRIS profile also did not work. It just gets stuck on the initial set up screen, does not read eyes. Actually I think this was a problem since last build, but at least it was still working.

This problem, along with Band 2 still unable to sync and messenger does not launch kinda drag this build down pretty bad... Too bad because it does have lots of new features and neat UI changes, some things also seem smoother and faster.

band 2 still works, you have to go into the health app to turn notifications back on manually

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I just had to turn off Hello on my 950XL because of this. Seems like a big miss in terms of listing as a known issue. Took me less than 15 mins after the update to notice this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire