14322 is a nightmare|Worst fast Ring build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Luckily it's your backup phone ;)

I had the same experience with my surface 3.... I ended up doing a total factory restore back to 8.1, then all the updates, then windows 10 production, then back on insider.... it seems ok now after all that.

Also my Surface 3 did not like insider even before this buggy build. I bought it on Win 10 went to insider became too glitchy and wiped and restart on the Production builds.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Another annoying issue with my L950 (aside from the iris scanner problem) is that I can't use Hey Cortana - see screenshot below. I think they may have broken more than they fixed with this build.

wp_ss_20160415_0001.jpg

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
My PC has no issues on latest build. I did have issues but I did a Reset of PC and it fixed everything.

On mobile I have a few small things that are problematic, but nothing too big. Much better than the previous build. It's super fast and responsive. I do have 1 app that thinks it's on trial even though I paid for it. I have iris scan issue but I turned it off. Readit will freeze if I am looking at a pic and go to full screen mode, but I just don't do that. It runs a bit warmer but seems that after running for a while the issue is less apparent. I think initially after install the build does something that uses extreme CPU. But even battery is great right now. All minor issues compared to previous build which was nothing but crashing, rebooting and all sorts of stuff. So I think both builds are the best they have had yet in Redstone.

I would suggest reset of your PC though. It seems every build requires me to do that for some reason.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Wow, what is with the last fast ring builds for PC and mobile? Both are the worst most unstable builds since the entire insider program started. Seriously the first Win 10 builds years ago were more stable than this. I have a Lumia 950.

I know it's fast ring and I do expect bugs but this is a bit ridiculous. Bugs I discovered in about 10 mins of use after upgrade. I've already restarted my 950 and pulled the battery out.

1. Store crashes randomly but also nearly every time I launch the store and start looking for apps.
2. Glance screen has two area's to turn off and on now and these area's conflict with each other and one of the area's turns the entire thing off
3. Tweetium crashes after 2 seconds
4. Edge crashes every time if you go to favorites and open a folder in favorites
5. Edge crashes often now just random surfing
6. Windows Hello does not function properly at all. the iris scanner turns on after locking the phone, then when you try and unlock it suing the scanner it either fails to acknowledge you and crashes and makes you do a pin.

This is just initial impressions after a little use, but this build on the mobile and PC is trash, their are even more quirky broken stuff on the latest PC build.

If you think this is the worst build since W10M started in preview for insiders you obviously never ran 10080 or 10136. If you did, then you are just exaggerating immensely.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This build is crazy unstable. I've had to restart at least five times today because of freezing and apps crash frequently. I'm impressed at all the new features in this build but man did it come at a cost.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest reset of your PC though. It seems every build requires me to do that for some reason.

You mean from 14316 do a reset? Cause I did a reset after going from win 8.1 to win10production, figured a clean reset of win10 would've helped the upgrade to 14316...

The minute I started added other accounts to my s3 on 14316 I'm getting odd behaviours again.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm.... I'm just at a freaking loss.

Hard. Reset. Your. Damn. Phones. When. Installing. Insider. Builds.

Read the disclaimer and the "is insider right for you" section. Quit complaining that a BETA is buggy. Many of you do this to yourselves. Quit just updating to the latest. Use WDRT, then install the latest build.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I ended up on the last build by error (Thought I had taken my 1520 and my wife's 830 off of insiders), the last build was not pretty for us, I faced the choice and decided to give it one more build to see if any improvements came along before resetting, I upgraded my 1520 last night and I am delighted with the latest build, seems so much more stable, Wi-Fi works, more than happy and will sort out the 830 a bit later on.

Think I will then slow ring it for a bit longer and then leave insiders once Redstone officially launches, there is no need to put yourself on the treadmill of updates if you don't like bugs and tribulations, I would advise some others to take a chill pill, and practice patience.

mrmobileperformance

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Upon installing Build 322 I had virtually every single one of the reported bugs on my 950 XL. While did enjoy the fixed tab behavior in Edge and the Quick Action customization, I found it to be unworkable as I have only one phone. So I reverted to the latest production build, and I'll give the next Preview Build a try when it comes out.

My theory is that the Windows 10 Mobile team git pressured into releasing this build by the bureaucrats in charge of them. But the bottom line is: It's a preview build, and ut was nice to try the new improvements.

Sent from mTalk

amsats

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Updated yesterday on my Lumia 1520. Battery life is really bad; previously, battery used to last close to 12 - 13 hours, but since the update, I can barely get close to 6 hours. Also, charging duration is very odd - in the morning, for instance, the phone charged 30% in 20 minutes! Have done a soft reset couple of times, but no improvement. Maybe its time for a hard reset??

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so this build has some bad glitches. You expected that, right? You're in a beta program. You're the guinea pig right now. Quit your complaining and present your findings to MS.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
You mean from 14316 do a reset? Cause I did a reset after going from win 8.1 to win10production, figured a clean reset of win10 would've helped the upgrade to 14316...

The minute I started added other accounts to my s3 on 14316 I'm getting odd behaviours again.

Yep. I was on the previous build and did a reset. I figured I wouldn't need to after upgrading to 14316. But apparently I did. Can't say it will fix your issues as it's different hardware, but it's worth a try since it worked for me.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Yep. I was on the previous build and did a reset. I figured I wouldn't need to after upgrading to 14316. But apparently I did. Can't say it will fix your issues as it's different hardware, but it's worth a try since it worked for me.

And, you know, because that's what MS says to do. What do they know though.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Updated yesterday on my Lumia 1520. Battery life is really bad; previously, battery used to last close to 12 - 13 hours, but since the update, I can barely get close to 6 hours. Also, charging duration is very odd - in the morning, for instance, the phone charged 30% in 20 minutes! Have done a soft reset couple of times, but no improvement. Maybe its time for a hard reset??

Usual check list:
1 - logout Skype Video
2 - disable in backgroud all unused apps, first of all Skype and Edge
3 - disable Video uploads in OneDrive
4 - Disable showing Onedrive photos in Photo app

at last, when done everything move to Production ring to stop telemetry and automatic error reports

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree it's a mess!

After upgrading my 930 from 8.1 to release W10, then the last Redstone build with out having to reset I was happy as everything was working fine.

Updated to 14322 and it's laggy, apps don't open etc Did a hard reset, but restored...still the same, now resetting again but I'm not going to restore this time and see if it's better.

Good job it's not my daily phone!

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving this build, great to see new features coming in and not just bug fixes. Working very well on my 950 besides having to turn off the Iris scanner. Glance screen even respects my display scaling settings so it matches the lockscreen clock now.

Marsiss Tian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have one app is pending in update status forever, and I even can not uninstall it or use it, so annoying, I have to roll back in some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99