Cortana not working at all with new update

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, just wondering if anyone else is having any issues with Cortana after installing the update. I upgraded yesterday and don't remember at all if I used Cortana to search between then and now, but for the last couple of hours I can't get Cortana to do anything other than open. Typing in a search is completely screwy. Either the search box is hidden by the keyboard, or if I type something and hit enter, Cortana just spins and does nothing. Speech is also completely broken. Hey Cortana will wake her up but never listens. If I hit the microphone button to manually activate, same thing. The only way I can search now is by going to Bing through edge. Also, she's not updating info like calendar appointments that have been changed. I've upgraded to pretty much every fast ring version without any problems, this has been the biggest so far. Lumia 950, thanks!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Cortana seems working only in few countries like USA, UK, etc.
No more italian support in last fast build, guees the same in other countries ( I read India too)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
That's my issue, I'm in the US. I checked my region just to make sure it didn't change after the update, but it's still correct.

Ok, then according Gabe and his team Cortana works on the US West Coast >.< I guess.
SO I need Cortana everyday (I'm Italian) and I gave up and reverted back to official build.
I'm insider since 3 years but enough is enough!

carryonvending

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the UK and have a 930. Hey Cortana still not working, or even an option in settings.

However, she reads my incoming SMS messages and can be roused by pressing the microphone icon... NO HEY CORTANA like before W10 update and then latest 218 update.

Any ideas????

LAETH08

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to find a way to turn her off. I hate using Cortana and since this build there doesn't seem to be an option to turn her off.. My location is turned off so I don't know why she's even on in the first place. 950xl

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to find a way to turn her off. I hate using Cortana and since this build there doesn't seem to be an option to turn her off.. My location is turned off so I don't know why she's even on in the first place. 950xl

Same issue today. I'm not going to use my phone for search if I can't turn it off. I want it off, that's just the way I prefer it.

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting. I actually changed my region to the UK to see if it was a region issue, and it still didn't work. At this point the build is usable enough that I don't think I'm going to roll back, basically hoping that since we're getting close to release, and since so many bugs have been reported, that we'll get another new build in a week or two. Definitely the buggiest redstone build by far, but we gotta expect these things when we want unfinished software!

carryonvending

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Got to fully agree. The first build after the intro of the Upgrade Adviser was as flaky as puff pastry. The 218 HAS been me more comfortable with staying with MS phone and not going to android. HEY CORTANA is definitely useful, but not essential.
218 has actioned many of the comms errors etc, however there has to be a definitive OS upgrade that gives us users both confidence and usability.
Its around 96% done, but the 4% is not only taking time, but must be embarrassing to MS.

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who was having this issue have it fixed in the last two updates? Still not working for me. Definitely the biggest bug that still persists since all the apps are opening properly now.

carryonvending

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree. Plus using Cortana to READ SMS messages, she needs telling TWICE (or for USA Readers - TWO TIMES). Plus before upgrade you could touch the incoming message to stop her reading... That is no longer available.

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been having these exact same Cortana problems with the last few Redstone builds, including 14332. If I have time this weekend, I'll probably try hard resetting and see if that helps, since I haven't seen a lot of people complain about this one.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Also having problems with Cortana on 14332, using Lumia 640. She crashes A LOT. She does not send text messages, or anything. Everytime I try to talk to her she crashes.

Sending texts from Action Center doesn't work, and Messaging Everywhere also not working. Messages can't be sent. I can only send messages from within the message app within the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss