Hi,

So the latest insider build has caused multiple problems with my 950xl (known risk i know with the insider program)
    1. Windows hello no longer works
    2. Many apps no longer launch successfully
    3. Bluetooth with car no longer works properly
    etc

Backed up the phone, did a hard rest and restored from backup...phone ended up even worse with even more apps refusing to launch than before!

any ideas?
    04-16-2016 03:28 AM
    Hi,

So the latest insider build has caused multiple problems with my 950xl (known risk i know with the insider program)
    1. Windows hello no longer works
    2. Many apps no longer launch successfully
    3. Bluetooth with car no longer works properly
    etc

Backed up the phone, did a hard rest and restored from backup...phone ended up even worse with even more apps refusing to launch than before!

any ideas?
    You can't do nothing , as mentioned in official release news, updating day after day, sorry:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...-updating.html
    04-16-2016 04:22 AM
    If you want to have a stable experience use the Windows Device Recovery Tool, restore to a production build, and then update to the latest production build. This will give you rock solid performance. its a pain in the *** but it is the only way to return to the production builds once you are on redstone.

If you want to stay on the insider program, I would suggest that you read the release notes before you download any update on the insider program. Since you can switch between the rings at any time, the safest thing to do is read what is fixed and what is broken in the release notes first. if you want to install the update then just jump in the appropriate ring. once that update is installed then jump back to production so you don't automatically install a build you don't want.
    04-16-2016 10:35 AM
    Iris problem is annoying, and I have one app pending in update status, I even can not uninstall it.
    04-16-2016 08:12 PM
    I have tried to go to production using wdt, however my phone is not detected when i connect it to any of my pcs, so can't
    Im assuming this is yet another defect. But bottom line is i am stuck with the current insider build
    04-17-2016 08:42 AM
    Not able to launch apps is a big problem. After the hard reset, maybe try NOT restoring apps from backup. Instead install them one-by-one. People here say it helps. That's what I do. My 1520.3 runs as expected, meaning only with known bugs, more or less.
    04-17-2016 09:11 AM
    another big problem i have noticed is that since this insider build, my phone takes like 6 hours to charge fully! And then drains in about 10 hours!
    04-17-2016 10:04 AM
    You can fix apps not opening using transparent tile maker. Simply pin the app shortcut from there to your Start screen.

Unfortunately though not all apps have shortcuts this way.
    04-17-2016 07:28 PM
    I have tried to go to production using wdt, however my phone is not detected when i connect it to any of my pcs, so can't
    Im assuming this is yet another defect. But bottom line is i am stuck with the current insider build
    I had this on my 950XL, and was able to solve it (sloooowly) by going to settings > system > about > reset. After resetting I was able to use WDRT to get the pre 218 build, after which I installed insider, switched to Production, and got on 218. Huge pain, but at least I now have a working phone.
    04-17-2016 07:55 PM