New Office Updates

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Saw the News today which is MS pushing the New Updates for Fast Ring, but i see no updates for me, tried checking updates in Store, nope. Is anyone having this issue?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
No updates for me either for the apps advertised. I believe the updates were just for the "Continuum Enabled Devices."

The updates were for UI and scaling when using continuum, so for non-continuum devices you shouldn't be seeing anything.

Of course, this is just an assumption. But so far all the reports of people getting it are on the Continuum devices, and everyone without it have complained of not getting it. It makes sense.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
could you post a link to that article? I haven't seen any mention of new office updates

Just go to the Windows Central home page and scroll down a bit and you'll see

Microsoft pushes updates for all its MSN and Office Mobile apps for Fast Ring Insiders | Windows Central

Be aware that the store app will update apps in the background, so you may not see apps being updated. You might need to check the versions of your apps to see if they've been updated.

My MSN News app is v4.9.52.0

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Just go to the Windows Central home page and scroll down a bit and you'll see

Microsoft pushes updates for all its MSN and Office Mobile apps for Fast Ring Insiders | Windows Central

Be aware that the store app will update apps in the background, so you may not see apps being updated. You might need to check the versions of your apps to see if they've been updated.

My MSN News app is v4.9.52.0

I see it now, thank you. Work can get hectic and I don't get to see everything. I'm on release ring, .218 so I don't expect to see those particular updates. And I've kept store to manually check and download updates. So no background downloads for me :wink:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
My MSN News is at 4.8.269.0 on my Lumia 640, and no update in the store still. Perhaps it is a test roll-out to a few select users? I'm also on the latest Redstone 14322 build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99