05-05-2016 11:39 AM
121 12345
tools
    Build#14327 seems to be a nice build as far as my experience with that since last evening (Yes it too early as it's less than a day!!), except store app mishap. It feels peppy!! I would highly recommend to use "Feedback app" and post your upvotes and problems to MS Dev Team. Please support with your upvotes to add "Music slider" to action center.
    04-21-2016 09:33 AM
    Anyone else having the issue where the live tile for Mail is not working? I'm on a 950 and new mail shows up as a notification but the mail live tile does not show anything.
    Ditto! Mail live tiles have stopped working for me as well.
    04-21-2016 10:01 AM
    Anyone using microsd card on Lumia950? Mine cannot detect microsd card since 14332 build, no matter how to insert, just no response
    Have been having weird issues with my sdcard since updating to 14327. At times my applications will show to be offline. After reboot all is fine.

Lumia 950 (AT&T in United States)
    04-21-2016 10:03 AM
    So far it has been running really smooth on my 950xl. I haven't noticed any issues. All my issues seemed to have been occurring first day after install. Not sure why that always happens after a build. But device is no longer getting super warm and apps aren't crashing.

I LOVE being able to delete sms conversations by swiping left! AWESOME Feature.
    04-21-2016 10:28 AM
    When I'll got free time for me, I'll try merging that txt file to Contacts+Messages backup file on SD...
    Good luck! I'll be curious to know if you can make this work, given that Microsoft seems to be convinced that I (and probably many of us) do not need our SMS backups any more. ;)
    04-21-2016 11:09 AM
    Has anyone else tried to rename their phone after a hard reset on this build? I installed it onto my backup Lumia 1520 and cannot rename it. That's surprising and disappointing.
    04-21-2016 11:10 AM
    Mine too - if you connect your phone to a computer you can rename it there.
    GrayW0lf likes this.
    04-21-2016 11:15 AM
    I LOVE being able to delete sms conversations by swiping left! AWESOME Feature.
    Nice I wasn't aware of this. Very awesome.

Overall, this build is great. Back on track. Last week's build was a big goof.

Also noticed that I'm finally getting store notifications for when app updates occur. Never seen that before with W10M. And Skype for Business app notifications also seem to be working consistently now. Still can't get notifications working for the Windows Central app though, that's never worked on Redstone for me.
    Krystianpants likes this.
    04-21-2016 11:26 AM
    Hey, thanks for your update! With your information I just may give it a shot. I also have a 950XL, DS, US. Still a little sore from the last update but running 14295.1000 with no problems what so ever. Like my father use to say, "If you look for trouble, you'll find it!"
    I may "look for trouble" tonight. :)
    04-21-2016 11:28 AM
    My issues with it

SD Card issues are still there, Netflix still will not launch, FB Messenger now works, not a single app on my SD Card will work. They show up, but are darkened out and dont launch. edit: wait, they are slowly starting to work one by one ( it is very slow though, may be able to access all my apps sometime tomorrow.. Phone refuses to connect to my computer with sd card in. Store DL's and Updates still does not clear after installing or updating apps. So, i can't re download any app that is listed in my queue. How does this get overlooked? And why in gods name is there not a way to manually remove these? Also can not move apps from phone storage to sd card. Getting error: 0x80073d0b
    Edit: Found a work around for the store queue bug, you have to find a qr code, scan it, and a download will then start.
    Cortana is still hit or miss.
    And just found out my sd card has errors that started with this build and can not be formatted(tried every trick in the book), Sandisk is sending me a new one though.

Also, Xbox, Onedrive, and Store are destroying my battery. Each using 32% of it's power.
    04-21-2016 11:33 AM
    My issues with it

SD Card issues are still there, Netflix still will not launch, FB Messenger now works, not a single app on my SD Card will work. They show up, but are darkened out and dont launch. edit: wait, they are slowly starting to work one by one ( it is very slow though, may be able to access all my apps sometime tomorrow.. Phone refuses to connect to my computer with sd card in. Store DL's and Updates still does not clear after installing or updating apps. So, i can't re download any app that is listed in my queue. How does this get overlooked? And why in gods name is there not a way to manually remove these? Also can not move apps from phone storage to sd card. Getting error: 0x80073d0b
    Edit: Found a work around for the store queue bug, you have to find a qr code, scan it, and a download will then start.
    Cortana is still hit or miss.
    And just found out my sd card has errors that started with this build and can not be formatted(tried every trick in the book), Sandisk is sending me a new one though.

Also, Xbox, Onedrive, and Store are destroying my battery. Each using 32% of it's power.
    Did you just install it? Give it a day for battery issues and such. Netflix should be working though. Maybe remove it and re-install it. But again once you install the OS initially you will have a lot of issues till things calm down. It took a day for it to stablize. It obviously does something in the background that causes issues. But you're in the unique situation where you install apps on the SDcard while I never do that, I use mine only for media/documents.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    04-21-2016 11:41 AM
    Hats OFF to all of you who test the insider builds... I will stay away from these and await the official redstone release on production.
    04-21-2016 11:44 AM
    Has anyone else tried to rename their phone after a hard reset on this build? I installed it onto my backup Lumia 1520 and cannot rename it. That's surprising and disappointing.
    Yes it's a issue with this build.you can upvote for this issue in feedback app.
    GrayW0lf likes this.
    04-21-2016 12:02 PM
    if you click inside the text box couple of times before hitting save button then name will be changed. Same applicable to change the mobile hotspot name and password.
    GrayW0lf likes this.
    04-21-2016 12:13 PM
    One benefit I noticed with this build. Text messages from backup have finally started to return. This wasn't the case with the prior versions on the Redstone build.
    04-21-2016 12:18 PM
    if you click inside the text box couple of times before hitting save button then name will be changed. Same applicable to change the mobile hotspot name and password.
    Ah.. Thanks for that!
    04-21-2016 12:19 PM
    One benefit I noticed with this build. Text messages from backup have finally started to return. This wasn't the case with the prior versions on the Redstone build.
    Not all of us are so fortunate, I fear. But it's great that it is working for a number of folks!
    04-21-2016 12:20 PM
    not working for me ...
    04-21-2016 01:05 PM
    950XL, DS (only 1 installed), USA Build: 14327

My Screenshot doesn’t seem to be working.

Also, last night I did a SD check, everything was fine – pulled up and played videos, lick-a-dee split. Read that a poster was having trouble with their SD Card, so I did another test of the SD card (No apps are installed on the SD card), and this time the video folders were having a problem populating; a retry seemed to lock up the SD video files completely. After a soft reset the SD Card video file recall and execution is again lick-a-dee split.

I think that my screenshot problem is the reason for to the SD video file malfunction. And that my screenshot problem might be the result of my attempting to take a screenshot of an Adobe Acrobat Pro CC .PDF file, and my doing something that did not fall within the proper algorithm during the process of trying to share that screenshot? Is this possible?
    04-21-2016 01:30 PM
    That app is somewhat effective. It shows old messages from before I upgraded to W10M on my 1520 back in November of 2015. All texts since then aren't accessible, for me. Maybe it is better for you?

The nice thing is that the app does let you export all texts into a .txt file but there doesn't appear to be a way to restore those messages to a phone, so far. I hope you find one!

In the meantime, I've been without SMS sync/backup for over a month with no sign of a fix forthcoming.
    Otherwise, how is this build working on your 1520?

On my 1520.3, so far, everything is working well, EXCEPT that it burns through the battery extremely fast, this morning from 100% to 0% in an hour (just like on 14322). I hope my 1520 isn't alone on this due to some fault.
    04-21-2016 01:38 PM
    950XL, DS, US

- Got rid of the app hangs (still had to pause/resume) to do it, but all clear; currently.
    - Netflix and OneDrive still don't open
    - Wireless charging works fine.
    - Cortana not reacting to voice
    - Hello (iris scan) working
    - Voice playback works on apps (eg: AED)
    - had to sign in to Skype, but it works.
    - sent and received pictures via messenger with no problem.
    - phone running cool to the touch

update:
    - Glance working
    - Notifications working
    FWIIW, So far, WhatsApp, Netflix, and OneDrive are running fine on my 1520.3, as far as I can tell. (My big problem is battery drains extremely fast, like in an hour. And it seems hot, especially on wifi.) Every device is different though.
    04-21-2016 01:44 PM
    950XL only Dominos app doesn't work (no pizza for me). But battery drain is horrible. Lucky to get 4 hours
    04-21-2016 01:54 PM
    Otherwise, how is this build working on your 1520?

On my 1520.3, so far, everything is working well, EXCEPT that it burns through the battery extremely fast, this morning from 100% to 0% in an hour (just like on 14322). I hope my 1520 isn't alone on this due to some fault.
    It's running pretty well on the 1520 other than "Messaging Everywhere" being more like "Messaging Nowhere" for me. The battery doesn't seem to be running hard nor does it get hot. I have done a couple of hard resets on it, so maybe that is the difference between us? (Aside from me running with an AT&T model of the 1520, anyway).
    04-21-2016 01:56 PM
    FWIIW, So far, WhatsApp, Netflix, and OneDrive are running fine on my 1520.3, as far as I can tell. (My big problem is battery drains extremely fast, like in an hour. And it seems hot, especially on wifi.) Every device is different though.
    WhatsApp: works.
    Onedrive...Just now kicked in :)
    Netflix: no joy (uninstalled, and reinstalled 3 times, no happy ending:)

Battery draining a little fast, not terrible.

OH MY...Netflix is as I type; kick'n in....Happy Ending!

update: Netflix no longer Opening
    Last edited by mtf1380; 04-21-2016 at 05:41 PM.
    04-21-2016 02:00 PM
    It's not just redstone that do not return, it's production as well. My wife upgraded her phone and is at 218? and no old messages have returned yet. My 950xl on latest redstone not back either.
    04-21-2016 02:35 PM
121 12345